1st Resale in Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

In Fenney the Designers are around $29,000 the cottage or smaller homes on small lots are around $25,000 and the villas on even smaller lots are around $19,000. I don't know if there are any other categories in between these three but that is pretty much what they are. So, I guess the lot sizes come into play rather than the footprint of the house itself.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Do all homes in the same village have the same amount for the bond? What determines the bond? Does the actual footprint of the home have any determining factor?
How does the District arrive at the amount? Does everyone pay the same amount?
The Bond Debt Assessment was set at the time the bond used to build the infrastructure was issued. The formula for calculating each lot’s proportionate share starts with the total cost of the bond (including interest) issued to pay for the infrastructure. That cost is divided equally among each assessable acre in the “phase” of the District for which the bond was issued. That gives you a cost per acre. The cost per acre is then multiplied by the number of acres in the unit in which you live. That gives you the obligation for the unit as a whole. The unit total cost is then divided by the number of lots or parcels in the unit, and that computation gives you the amount of the assessment levied against each property. Therefore, each lot within a unit pays the same amount. Amortization schedules for each unit are located on the Districts' website; Village Community Development Districts under the Finance Department link.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for posting that link. In the index in the right find “Amortization schedule.” Then, for Fenny, scroll down to 12. Look at the info at the bottom to see the total, including interest rate. Everyone should look at this before buying. Many don’t.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
It may just be a rumor ....... but I heard they have a big wheel at your closing ( Think "The Price Is Right") and that is how they figure out what your bond is. I don't remember it at our closing ...... but then we didn't do much homework before buying. We just came down from up North and plunked down a bunch of money and figured we could ask later and complain online if we didn't like it.
A lot of people get caught up in the moment and don't bother asking the important questions. We knew what are taxes were both county and wildwood (as near as could be estimated) as well as our bond before we put down our deposit. All one has to do is ask and if you have a reputable agent you will get the answers and most likely get those answers before you leave the home you are interested in buying. They have people on standby that have the information.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here's that home, first thing I said this morning when I saw it in the newspaper, a one car garage, what were they thinking?

The Villages Florida

I made a post about 3 months ago with two new Fenney homes "Open Houses", a 2 BR Patio Villa with a 2 car garage and a 2 BR cottage priced $12,000 more, and of course with a higher bond, but with only a one car garage. Why would they even make that cottage with a one car while making patio villas nearby with a 2 car garage and selling for much less.

I knew a fellow from softball who was one of the first buyers in my Village of Tamarind Grove back in 2011 and he had a cottage home custom built. When I saw his home, I said you only have a one car garage? Not a 2 car, not a golf cart garage, I thought the purpose of custom building was to get more. He said, when he met with the design team, they never mentioned any options regarding the garage. I think I would of discovered somewhere before it got built when many of the spec homes are going up with a 2 car and a golf cart garage.
I'm thinking that the photo is making look like it's a one car garage. That house is a Sun Kissed which normally has a two car garage.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm thinking that the photo is making look like it's a one car garage. That house is a Sun Kissed which normally has a two car garage.
Actually, I see online that it's a Sand Dollar which is a two bed, two bath cottage home.

Most of the two-bedroom cottages that I've seen in my area have a 1-1/2 car garage.

TYhis is a Sun Kissed. It looks identical to the Sand Dollar from the outside.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Sage

Now that I look, I think that either the photo or the description of the pre-owned house is wrong. The photo shows a Sun Kissed. Take a look at this:
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, resale, purchase, price, $211, 200

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.