1st Resale in Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Gold member
Default 1st Resale in Fenny

the first resale in Fenny....

5648 Cedar Waxing Dr, Sandcastle model, 2/2 1 car garage. Bond $25,130...wow... cottage home

Buyers Purchased in July 2017 for $211,450

Selling for less than purchase price $211,200

thats not supposed to happen.....hope they are ok....
Old 12-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

You cannot sell a home for more than you paid for it plus any improvements until after 12 months unless you are buying another new home. You would think you can at least at the real estate fee on top of it though. I would also think that it would be hard to sell a re-sale down here with all the new homes available. Hopefully they are moving up or out and not something more serious.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I think it's our new neighbors here in St. James; the wife said they wanted to get closer to the hospital because of her husband; said they probably won't be in this house very long. Sad.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Default Resale

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You cannot sell a home for more than you paid for it plus any improvements until after 12 months unless you are buying another new home. You would think you can at least at the real estate fee on top of it though. I would also think that it would be hard to sell a re-sale down here with all the new homes available. Hopefully they are moving up or out and not something more serious.
We sold our preowned home in two days so it is not hard.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here's that home, first thing I said this morning when I saw it in the newspaper, a one car garage, what were they thinking?

The Villages Florida

I made a post about 3 months ago with two new Fenney homes "Open Houses", a 2 BR Patio Villa with a 2 car garage and a 2 BR cottage priced $12,000 more, and of course with a higher bond, but with only a one car garage. Why would they even make that cottage with a one car while making patio villas nearby with a 2 car garage and selling for much less.

I knew a fellow from softball who was one of the first buyers in my Village of Tamarind Grove back in 2011 and he had a cottage home custom built. When I saw his home, I said you only have a one car garage? Not a 2 car, not a golf cart garage, I thought the purpose of custom building was to get more. He said, when he met with the design team, they never mentioned any options regarding the garage. I think I would of discovered somewhere before it got built when many of the spec homes are going up with a 2 car and a golf cart garage.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[QUOTE=John_W;1490177]Here's that home, first thing I said this morning when I saw it in the newspaper, a one car garage, what were they thinking?

The Villages Florida

I made a post about 3 months ago with two new Fenney homes "Open Houses", a 2 BR Patio Villa with a 2 car garage and a 2 BR cottage priced $12,000 more, and of course with a higher bond, but with only a one car garage. Why would they even make that cottage with a one car while making patio villas nearby with a 2 car garage and selling for much less.

I knew a fellow from softball who was one of the first buyers in my Village of Tamarind Grove back in 2011 and he had a cottage home custom built. When I saw his home, I said you only have a one car garage? Not a 2 car, not a golf cart garage, I thought the purpose of custom building was to get more. He said, when he met with the design team, they never mentioned any options regarding the garage. I think I would of discovered somewhere before it got built when many of the spec homes are going up with a 2 car and a golf cart garage.[/QUOTE
I hope you really didn't say that to him.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Platinum member

A lot of single ladies want a 2/2 with a 1 car gar.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

I noticed the listing states that the owners never moved into the home. Must have had a health issue back home.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Many of those patio villa were purchased as investment properties
Old 12-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Default Bond Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
the first resale in Fenny....

5648 Cedar Waxing Dr, Sandcastle model, 2/2 1 car garage. Bond $25,130...wow... cottage home

Buyers Purchased in July 2017 for $211,450

Selling for less than purchase price $211,200

thats not supposed to happen.....hope they are ok....
Do all homes in the same village have the same amount for the bond? What determines the bond? Does the actual footprint of the home have any determining factor?
Old 12-15-2017, 08:07 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Do all homes in the same village have the same amount for the bond? What determines the bond? Does the actual footprint of the home have any determining factor?
Residential Bond Assessment Information
Old 12-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The short story is as follows. For the longer story, look on districtgov.org.

All of the homes within the same "unit" have the same bond. Look on your Villages ID for the "U/L" - this is the unit/lot. Typically a Village will have several "units" that correspond to CYVs, Designers, Premiers, etc. The bond is determined by essentially taking the cost of the infrastructure of a "unit" and dividing by the number of homes in the "unit". The actual footprints of the homes within a "unit" doesn't matter (i.e. two homes in the same "unit" with different footprints will have the same bond).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post

Last edited by tuccillo; 12-15-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here's that home, first thing I said this morning when I saw it in the newspaper, a one car garage, what were they thinking?

The Villages Florida

I knew a fellow from softball who was one of the first buyers in my Village of Tamarind Grove back in 2011 and he had a cottage home custom built. When I saw his home, I said you only have a one car garage? Not a 2 car, not a golf cart garage, I thought the purpose of custom building was to get more. He said, when he met with the design team, they never mentioned any options regarding the garage. I think I would of discovered somewhere before it got built when many of the spec homes are going up with a 2 car and a golf cart garage.
Confused by your question..... do you think they were wrong and no one would want that home? I would think that after building and SELLING more than 50,000 homes.... they have a handle on what people want. So I guess they would be the experts - not us.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:05 AM

The garage is a one car w/golf cart garage. I live walking distance from that home, which is the same model we bought. Ours was far less and we have a large (per TV usual sizes) fenced yard. We looked at patio villas w/2 car garages, and chose this one because of the year and fencing. These homes in the area we bought are further apart and a little more private. Who knows why a person makes the decisions they make. One makes decisions with the information they have at the time. Personally, after researching prices and areas, I would have never bought that home for that price, but that is me and not them. I hope they sell it soon and it is off their minds.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 AM

I meant yard, not year.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenny, resale, purchase, price, $211, 200

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.