Villages Health Care System

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Gold member
Default Villages Health Care System

Is anyone pleased with the Villages United Health Care as your provider ?? I do not have this coverage but today we requested an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon that we have been patients with for more than 10 years. A year ago the particular doctor joined the Villages Health Care. We were told we could not see this doctor without referral even though we were his patients for at least 10 years.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Sage

There are those who swear by it. But we got out of it. We felt it failed completely.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Sage

You're going to get a plethora of "points of view" I'm sure but we've had them since they started and have been VERY happy with them so far. We're seen the same day we call (if we've had that need) ...not always with our provider but it's always been excellent care IMHO.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Sage

Do you have a Medicare supplement or an Advantage plan? Your insurance most likely determines the provider you can see.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Veteran member

Are you asking about The Villages Health Care system (as in the primary care clinics) or The Villages United Health Care Medicare Advantage plan? Two very different animals.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Do you have a Medicare supplement or an Advantage plan? Your insurance most likely determines the provider you can see.
HI Carla, I do have a medicare advantage plan, but thru the Villages health care system. My is with a Illinois group. I am mostly disappointed that we cannot see a doctor we have been with for a long time without a referral. I suppose it is a rule set up by the Villages United Health Care.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
Are you asking about The Villages Health Care system (as in the primary care clinics) or The Villages United Health Care Medicare Advantage plan? Two very different animals.
I am sorry to say that I am unfamiliar with both plans. My question was generated because we were 20 year patients of a doctor who was in private practice. He is now in the Villages system I believe is now called "Villages Health".
Old 12-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Is anyone pleased with the Villages United Health Care as your provider ?? I do not have this coverage but today we requested an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon that we have been patients with for more than 10 years. A year ago the particular doctor joined the Villages Health Care. We were told we could not see this doctor without referral even though we were his patients for at least 10 years.
I am afraid your gripe is with the Doctor. He/She has apparently decided to affiliate himself with a different insurance carrier than the one you have and previously they accepted.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:52 AM

To us the advantage plan has no advantage. You have to be in network. We selected United healthcare plan f standard supplemental without having to stay in network. Because of our meds also choose United healthcare stand alone Part D. Everyone will have different opinions as everyone has different needs and financial capability play into it also.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:14 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
They are in fact one and the same... You can not see TVHC primary physician without being enrolled in TVUHCMA plan. Therefore they are one and the same.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
They are in fact one and the same... You can not see TVHC primary physician without being enrolled in TVUHCMA plan. Therefore they are one and the same.
Not true. I (as many others) do not have TVUHCMA. It is true that it is the only Medicare Advantage plan which they take. They also take a large range of non-Advantage insurance plans.

You do have to become a patient of The Villages primary care system to be seen by their physicians. They, like many other doctors, do not take "walk-in" patients. They have a cap on the number of patients which each doctor is responsible for so as to keep wait times for appointments and in the office within reasonable limits.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Platinum member

We have been in The Villages Health Care System over a year. Our experience has been very positive. We are so thankful to have them. PM me with any questions.
Tampa, FL
Old 12-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Not true. I (as many others) do not have TVUHCMA. It is true that it is the only Medicare Advantage plan which they take. They also take a large range of non-Advantage insurance plans.

You do have to become a patient of The Villages primary care system to be seen by their physicians. They, like many other doctors, do not take "walk-in" patients. They have a cap on the number of patients which each doctor is responsible for so as to keep wait times for appointments and in the office within reasonable limits.
That is true. Also, UHC has both a HMO, and PPO Medicare Advantage Plan that are accepted by The Villages Health. It should be noted that the HMO plan includes the words "The Villages" in its name, which makes some think The Villages is somehow the insurer. It is not (nor is AARP)....UHC is the insurer.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I am afraid your gripe is with the Doctor. He/She has apparently decided to affiliate himself with a different insurance carrier than the one you have and previously they accepted.
Doctors don't usually affiliate themselves with any singular health insurance provider. Most accept a multitude of insurance providers. This doctor is now part of Villages Health Care which is not the same as the Villages United Health Care.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Not true, we have and are seeing physicians associated with TVHC and we definitely ARE NOT enrolled in TVUHCMA.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.