2 Questions about home values

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
When I am here I play golf 3-4 times a week, mostly at Nancy Lopez or one of the great executive courses up here. Mostly just walk on as a single, never make tee times. Anyway, when I play I always check out all the nice homes along the fairways. I play mornings, midday, late afternoon and one thing I notice is that there is hardly ever anyone out on their lanais, enjoying the view they paid big bucks for.
We actually up-sized to a patio villa from our home in Wisconsin. The patio villa we purchased is almost 400 square feet bigger than our northern home. So happy to spend my time enjoying things other than cooking and cleaning.. Love our patio villa on a corner lot with a ton of privacy and room for an outdoor living space and a pool someday!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Hmmmm...For $500k you could buy the home I posted above in Country Club of Ocala, 4br 3ba, 2800 sq ft, pool, 1 acre lot on the golf course. It is an awesome course, they just redid all the greens, traps, and cart paths. Average price for designers in TV is about $300k, so at $500k you would be at an extreme position in this market.
True!

But the multiple rec centers, clubs and so on are attractive as well.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is because they are playing tennis, pickleball, doing ballet, yoga, or riding their bikes..........or creating glass jewelry or doing pottery or going to a class learning some new form of art. OR....swimming or clogging or going to a class on writing or listening to a speaker. OR.......they are playing golf.
Right, If they are that busy with activities why did they pay extra for a view lot? Someone who pays $150k for a patio villa with a view of Morse Blvd could be doing the same. It doesn't matter to me personally what people spend their money on, just my observation that while playing golf at all times of day I see very few enjoying their lanais and the beautiful view they paid extra for.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Right, If they are that busy with activities why did they pay extra for a view lot? Someone who pays $150k for a patio villa with a view of Morse Blvd could be doing the same. It doesn't matter to me personally what people spend their money on, just my observation that while playing golf at all times of day I see very few enjoying their lanais and the beautiful view they paid extra for.
They might be paying for the privacy which is expensive to come by in TV. Personally I would not enjoy a kissing lanai unless my lanai backed onto the lanai of an attractive lady! If it backed onto the lanai of a smoker or player of loud music fugetaboutit!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
They might be paying for the privacy which is expensive to come by in TV. Personally I would not enjoy a kissing lanai unless my lanai backed onto the lanai of an attractive lady! If it backed onto the lanai of a smoker or player of loud music fugetaboutit!
But what if the attractive lady was the one playing the loud music? Would it be ok then?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
But what if the attractive lady was the one playing the loud music? Would it be ok then?

Old 12-11-2017, 10:09 AM

I live in a villa with a beautiful golf view. Do I always sit on my lanai? No, but I enjoy it so much when I have the time.
What you may not know is that I also have an amazing view from inside of my villa. Each morning I open the blinds to see other Villagers on the golf course, enjoying their morning as much as I enjoy mine.

My home is an investment in myself which lifts my spirit everyday and is worth every penny. I realize not everyone can afford or even want to invest in such a purchase but, there is no need to knock people who do!
Old 12-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Gold member

And of course those lakes and ponds had the repairs necessary to bring them back to their desirable state.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:58 PM

I live right on Lake Deaton and do not find the bugs to be that bad. Plus we have a huge birdcage. The natural wetland views are spectacular, much better than a golf course IMHO.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:23 AM
Default Please ignore the sour grapes

It never ceases to amaze me, how so many people, are so quick, to knock what the next person has. Preserve, golf course, pond/lake views - are all beautiful! However, why it it that those who don't own such a lot are the first ones to criticize and knock them down? It sounds like there's a lot of sour grapes going around.

To the OP - The value of a view lot for a designer home probably averages in the neighborhood of an additional $100,000. The value of a beautiful view and privacy . . . priceless.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, turn, key, lot, furniture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.