2 Questions about home values

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Default 2 Questions about home values

1. Value of a home that is on a lot opening to a preserve:

Does anyone have an idea what a lot that opens to a nice preserve would be worth? Are these lots as valuable as a golf course lot? I know each home is unique but I'm just wanting an over all opinion.

2. Turn key versus not turn key
How much does selling a property turn key add to the cost of a home in general. Furniture is OK but nothing outstanding. If a home is offered as turn key, can you make an offer minus the furniture? How much would you deduct for for the value of the furnishings?

Thanks for any insights you might be able to give me.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post

Does anyone have an idea what a lot that opens to a nice preserve would be worth? Are these lots as valuable as a golf course lot? I know each home is unique but I'm just wanting an over all opinion.

How much does selling a property turn key add to the cost of a home in general. Furniture is OK but nothing outstanding. If a home is offered as turn key, can you make an offer minus the furniture? How much would you deduct for for the value of the furnishings?

1. sometimes a preserve view is worth more than a golf course view. You have more privacy and no early morning maintenance noise from mowers etc. Value of view is in the eye of the beholder.

2. Sounds like you are talking about a specific home here, if the furnishings are mediocre make an offer without them included. Sometimes turnkey homes are furnished and decorated beautifully, and the value is reflected in the overall price plus you benefit from only having to move in your clothes and toothbrush.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Some of the lots on Conservation Drive were priced in the range of $600K to $900K. The were required to have a Premiere home built on them.

The typical added for a Designer with a golf course view, all other things being equal, is around $120K to $150K. Don't know specifics but I would guess it would be in the same range for a Preserve view.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

Have you spoken to your real estate person, they would probably have a better knowledge of the area and a home that you’re speaking of. Sometimes turn key doesn’t involve that much money in the price of the home. It’s usually because the sellers just don’t want to take the furniture. I would definitely ask my real estate person with all of your questions to get a better idea.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Preserve lots have a significantly higher amount of bugs than interior lots. Most preserves are bug breeding grounds. Make sure you go by there and stand outside on a warm evening. Those that live on them will dispute this, but verify for yourself before buying. We have friends who are selling and moving because one of them seems to attract bug bites. They go someplace else without any issue, but at their home it's a big issue.

So trust but verify.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

There was a recent thread(s) about some water view areas not being kept up. Remember these are preserve areas (read these are NATURAL), these are not man-make ponds or lakes (read regular upkeep, grass cutting, plant trimming, etc.). I have no direct experience in this area, but from what I recall in other threads, there were some complaints about invasive species, weeds, and other over growth, so be sure to take this into consideration, the view you have today may not be the view you have in the future. Golf course, and man-made water retention ponds/lakes seem to have the same or very similar views year after year.
As for the comment above about odors, this seems to occur 1 or more times a year depending on weather conditions, and of course wind direction.

Please do your homework so you get the house of your dreams, TV has so much to offer, I am sure you can find what you want.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage

I would also think that the "nature perserves" would offer some bugs and critters (not the bird variety)....what VillageTinker had to say also may also be a factor.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

There are also lake and pond lots that are private and have great views. I believe that the only building lots now available are south of 44, The Pines and Oceola are now pretty much spec homes. You can search the TV sight for "build your home" and the lots will come up with water or preserves sketched in and they will also show the prices. I believe the highest price lot currently available is $129,000 and all the way down to under $20,000. There are no golf course lots available now but there will be in the near future they are working on them now.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There are also lake and pond lots that are private and have great views. I believe that the only building lots now available are south of 44, The Pines and Oceola are now pretty much spec homes. You can search the TV sight for "build your home" and the lots will come up with water or preserves sketched in and they will also show the prices. I believe the highest price lot currently available is $129,000 and all the way down to under $20,000. There are no golf course lots available now but there will be in the near future they are working on them now.
A buildable lot in the villages for $20,000?
Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Golf course, and man-made water retention ponds/lakes seem to have the same or very similar views year after year.

Until a sinkhole turns them into a mud pit. Examples Cane Garden, Pimlico, Alhambra etc
Old 12-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Turn key can be a great deal if the furniture is high quality and a style you like. We bought turn key and traded out the pieces we didn't like. One of our villas came with a golf cart (added bonus for us)...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2017, 02:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Some of the lots on Conservation Drive were priced in the range of $600K to $900K. The were required to have a Premiere home built on them.

The typical added for a Designer with a golf course view, all other things being equal, is around $120K to $150K. Don't know specifics but I would guess it would be in the same range for a Preserve view.
I can't imagine any lot in TV being priced at the prices you quote.
I will assume you mean that price with a house on the lot???

When we bought 4+ years ago, the lot for our (Designer) house was about $40,000 extra.
It is on a cul-de-sac and about 1/4 of an acre.
I'm sure the price would be higher in today's market.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 AM

If the furnishings are mediocre and sparse, I guesstimate $2-5k. Some homes are furnished beautifully and then the furnishings are worth much, much more.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:07 AM

The lots on Conservation Trail are pricey. 3700 Conservation has a $545,000 lot premium.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Conservation Trail.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	73024  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I can't imagine any lot in TV being priced at the prices you quote.
I will assume you mean that price with a house on the lot???

Yes, the price of the house... but that difference was the price of the lot.

One our street the houses on golf course side of the street are about $120K to $150K more than the houses on the non-golf course side of the street. Same Designer houses, same house sizes, same house spacing, about the size lots (actually most of the golf course side of the street lots are a bit small than on the non-golf course side of the street). Only difference is whether the lot bordered the golf course or not.

When we were looking we saw about the same differences in all the comparable golf/non-golf houses we saw.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, turn, key, lot, furniture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.