2012 Villages Resident Survey - Yes to Indoor Pools

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Indoor pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Yes. I'm familiar. It took 25 minutes to get there, lap swim time is seriously limited by classes, etc., pool is too short and narrow for laps, and the pool and heater were probably acceptable in the 1960's. There's no way to describe it politely.
Interesting!

They need indoor pools in TV.....no doubt about it!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The best manner in which to determine the "need" for an indoor swimming pool is to take a survey and include an enrollment form and see how many folks are willing to pay for this pool. The Golf Administration enrolls residents for priority golf that can also include the use of certain pools.

Perhaps that is a starting point in getting this project underway. But I suspect there are a lot of folks not interested in paying for another pool
Old 03-17-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I'd like to use an indoor pool in the summer. I hate all that sun and sunscreen. Seems like a way to prevent skin cancer if you ask me (I realize no one did or will). At this campground we like they have this lovely pool that is half outdoors and half in and I always keep myself in the part that is under the roof, even in the summer months. Just easier for me with my fair skin not to worry about wearing a hat and keeping covered. Maybe but it might be nice to have the pool to myself in July.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 AM

How about requesting they add a sidewalk on the outside of the wall on the bridge to Sumter Landing. It would be far less expensive than widening the bridge because it would only have to be sturdy enough for walking traffic. Then they could remove the current sidewalk, and then widen the cart paths back to a normal width. A win-win-win for everyone!
The Villages
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages View Post
How about requesting they add a sidewalk on the outside of the wall on the bridge to Sumter Landing. It would be far less expensive than widening the bridge because it would only have to be sturdy enough for walking traffic. Then they could remove the current sidewalk, and then widen the cart paths back to a normal width. A win-win-win for everyone!
Now that is a good idea.
And a topic for the resident survey.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Just a gentle reminder...

Still not too late to tell the Developer we would like an indoor pool in TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I received my letter regarding the Villages Resident Survey.

It will be ongoing for four weeks starting 3/12/12.

My one request.....for any of you who might think it is a good idea....to please suggest we have indoor pools in The Villages.

There is ever-increasing awareness of skin cancers and the necessity to avoid excesssive sun exposure. Indoor pools would surely alleviate that problem.

And, of course, indoor pools would be wonderful when the air is too cold to swim in outdoor pools (which I personally experienced on many occasions).

Please fill out your surveys and please think about adding something about how nice it would be to have indoor pools in TV. please
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Thumbs up Bowling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
While building your wish list for the 2012 annual survey, please consider asking for another bowling alley, and widening the Morse bridge.
I don't know about the Morse Bridge, but your wish for the bowling alley should come true in the near future.

There's a new bowling alley coming across from Brownwood Square, the land was just purchased in March 2013!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 PM

I think that they should build several indoor pools, skin cancer is a problem that many adults have. It would be nice in the colder months too. If the villages can build 63 outside pools why not a few indoor ones
Old 08-13-2013, 05:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBarb View Post
Maybe it would make more sense to open the sports pools at 5:00 AM for those who are truly interested in lap swimming. You would not have to worry about sun exposure. When I go to the pool at 7:00 AM it is not always daylight and the pools do have lights. Many serious swimmers are there at that time. When my husband coached swimming, their practices were at 5:30 AM.

Great idea! We lap swimmers are a hearty lot year round. Lap lanes are full at sports pools at 7 am and many times swimmers need to wait. My main reason is sun avoidance but swimming while watching the beautiful sunrise is breathtaking and a wonderful way to start the day. Little or no cost to anyone.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Would it not be possible to install inflatable bubbles over sveral of the outdoor pools during winter months?I came from Maryland and saw this solution for winter tennis play.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Would it not be possible to install inflatable bubbles over sveral of the outdoor pools during winter months?I came from Maryland and saw this solution for winter tennis play.
You want a bubble within a bubble? Wow, talk about Under The Dome!

I remember those tennis bubbles in Montgomery County. In order to pay for the tennis bubbles, you had to pay for the tennis time and that was in addition to the ridiculously high Montgomery County taxes.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Default Indoor Pool

We totally agree. We have put this request in our Village Survey response for the last 8 years. Will continue, but do not expect any positive results!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Sage

Ah, the yearly "We want an indoor pool" debate. Not going to happen. Period. Too expensive to build, maintain, staff. And you would need many more than 1 for all 100K people!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.