Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2019, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Mine went up $326 designer in Bonita
Old 10-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Not quite sure how it was calculated, mine was estimated to go up $600 but actually paid $390 more than last year, designer in Mallory.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

We have a designer in Fenney and our's went up $278 that is the pay now discounted price vs the pay now discounted price last year.
I should also clarify that it includes the county, schools, and city of Wildwood as the county went up and the others went down so I'm comparing my total bill not just the county.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
If they are all full time homestead properties and they all pay the same tax rate the only cause can be home valuation. If you are homestead (SOH ammendment) you are protected from more than 3% or percentage change of CPI so if the entire street went up $600 to $1500 (and you didn't say $650-$1500 from WHAT) the only possibility I can guess at is the homes are all in the $750K to $1mill+ range. If that's the case you all still got a great deal and my heart does not bleed for you.

"Save Our Homes" Amendment and Its Effects - Rick Singh, CFA - Orange County Property Appraiser (this is from Orange county does but county does not matter)
Yes the ever present friendly hometown response “my heart does not bleed for you” such a nice response.

Since you are guessing you guessed wrong. Million dollar homes usually come with a course or water front, and usually a really nice pool. My earlier post said no one on our street is on a golf course or has a pool.

Our street with original owner started at $225,000. Last one sold was $365,000.

Just responding to how much taxes went up from last year, no one on our street had an increase of less than $600. I am sure at our monthly block party it will be most of the conversations.

Last edited by asianthree; 10-26-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yes the ever present friendly hometown response “my heart does not bleed for you” such a nice response.

Since you are guessing you guessed wrong. Million dollar homes usually come with a course or water front, and usually a really nice pool. My earlier post said no one on our street is on a golf course or has a pool.

Just responding to how much taxes went up from last year, no one on our street had an increase of less than $600. I am sure at our monthly block party it will be most of the conversations.
Can ANYONE surmise what causes the differences in the amount of the increases.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post

Posters in favor of the Developer receive smaller tax increases.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanyc View Post
Hope that is for the year and not per month.
Yes the year.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Posters in favor of the Developer receive smaller tax increases.
What malarkey!
Old 10-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Yes, Homestead arrangement is ripping off seasonal residents. Our unlandscaped patio villa full tax bill went up $515. Moving on when we get it all planned out. We’ll try to sell to full timers so they won’t get soaked too.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Pay what u paid last year...let them come after u
Old 10-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Yes, Homestead arrangement is ripping off seasonal residents. Our unlandscaped patio villa full tax bill went up $515. Moving on when we get it all planned out. We’ll try to sell to full timers so they won’t get soaked too.
I feel your pain. My taxes rose by 17%. If you can’t vote ,it is the easier way out for politicians. That is all they are about. In fact without Seasonal Residents the Villages and the Counties would not exist in the form it is now both on the Commercial and Residential side, They should have more respect but they don’t and never will.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
I feel your pain. My taxes rose by 17%. If you can’t vote ,it is the easier way out for politicians. That is all they are about. In fact without Seasonal Residents the Villages and the Counties would not exist in the form it is now both on the Commercial and Residential side, They should have more respect but they don’t and never will.

I has nothing to do with either The Villages or with "respect" it has to do with having a Homestead property which BY STATE LAW required you to be a full time resident. It's the same all over the State of FL.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

I guess you missed the "smiley" after I said "my heart doesn't bleed for you." People REALLY need to lighten up a bit around here.

As for your $600+ it obviously sounds out of wack because most other (homestead properties) comments have been way less. Also I have seen a couple $1mill homes that were nowhere near the water or golf course. Can't swear to pools though although one while wife & I were slumming around town looking for $1mill shacks (RELAX, I'm kidding) in Bridgeport saw one that was $1.2mill and had neither water, golf course or pool.

There are state laws keeping the valuation increase to a minimum if one is homesteaded (if that's a word). But again, you didn't state what your taxes rose up FROM by $600+ and also if it is your ONLY HOME here and if not, if it's your primary home. I could be wrong but IIRC you have mentioned a few times in the past you have more than one home in town which also would matter as only your primary can be homesteaded so taxes will go up more in those as I am sure you are aware.

What street are you on? No need for your address and I don't know your name. Curious to see the stats.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I guess you missed the "smiley" after I said "my heart doesn't bleed for you." People REALLY need to lighten up a bit around here.

As for your $600+ it obviously sounds out of wack because most other (homestead properties) comments have been way less. Also I have seen a couple $1mill homes that were nowhere near the water or golf course. Can't swear to pools though although one while wife & I were slumming around town looking for $1mill shacks (RELAX, I'm kidding) in Bridgeport saw one that was $1.2mill and had neither water, golf course or pool.

There are state laws keeping the valuation increase to a minimum if one is homesteaded (if that's a word). But again, you didn't state what your taxes rose up FROM by $600+ and also if it is your ONLY HOME here and if not, if it's your primary home. I could be wrong but IIRC you have mentioned a few times in the past you have more than one home in town which also would matter as only your primary can be homesteaded so taxes will go up more in those as I am sure you are aware.

What street are you on? No need for your address and I don't know your name. Curious to see the stats.
Did you miss the numbers I provided, up $515. on a non landscaped patio villa. How is that explained away?
Old 10-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Pay what u paid last year...let them come after u
If you don’t pay your property taxes in Florida, the delinquent amount becomes a lien on your home. (Fla. Stat. § 197.122). Once there's a tax lien on your home, the tax collector may sell that lien at an auction. This is called a “tax lien sale.” Then, if you don’t pay off the lien, the tax collector may eventually sell the home at what is called a “tax deed sale.”
Closed Thread

Tags
bills, tax, increase, mine, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.