2020 How crowded?

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

As mentioned earlier, Friday is the worse day on the championship courses. I have a foursome that plays every Friday and I put in the request the previous week, none of us are priority members. If you only play once a week as we do, it doesn't pay.

We play the evening wave, so the earliest time is 11:56 and because it's getting dark earlier, I always ask for a time frame of 11:56 to 12:59 and list about 7 different nines. On average I'll get a 12:35 time at my third or fourth choice.

Twice we moved our play to Saturday, such as this week and we played yesterday. My first choice was Palmer (Laurel Valley) and we got LV at 12:29. We had also played one Saturday last month and we got our first choice that time as well.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrutyle109 View Post
It’s about the same BUT....
The Villages needs to review the way “wave” theory. We played Fox Run at 11:56 and were done with first 9 at 12:30. We had to go to Talky Ho for 2nd 9 and had to wait a hal hour to tee off. They book tee times to start on the 9 others are turning to. It silly. If your only going to have 2 nines open, just start everyone on the same 9 and play the same 18.
So, you are saying you played all 9 holes at Fox Run in 34 minutes? Dam, that’s got to be some kind of a record. I am a very fast golfer and I couldn’t do that playing a flawless 9 by myself with no one in front of me.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As mentioned earlier, Friday is the worse day on the championship courses. I have a foursome that plays every Friday and I put in the request the previous week, none of us are priority members. If you only play once a week as we do, it doesn't pay.

We play the evening wave, so the earliest time is 11:56 and because it's getting dark earlier, I always ask for a time frame of 11:56 to 12:59 and list about 7 different nines. On average I'll get a 12:35 time at my third or fourth choice.

Twice we moved our play to Saturday, such as this week and we played yesterday. My first choice was Palmer (Laurel Valley) and we got LV at 12:29. We had also played one Saturday last month and we got our first choice that time as well.
Dam buddy, I wish I could have joined you. A beautiful day with a 12:29 t time on the best 18 in the Villages. Absolutely love Laurel to Riley. Hopefully there was a good band playing at LSL for you to listen to on the last few holes from across the lake.

Last edited by tophcfa; 11-29-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I don't play golf, but I thought for those that did the costs were included in our amenity fees (other than cart rental). No ? Seems not.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

What constitutes a "crowded" golf course?
All tee times filled?
Less crowded means not many people playing?

When playing does it matter? There is usually someone in front and behind during most games.

The pace of play is not determined by whether all the tee times are full (or not).....it is almost exclusively determined by you and I...

If you have your reservation (tee time) what does it matter how many people are there?

The courses were designed and maintained to have a foursome tee off every 9 minutes....ALL DAY LONG!

Hence, what constitutes a "crowded" golf course?
Old 12-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Dam buddy, I wish I could have joined you. A beautiful day with a 12:29 t time on the best 18 in the Villages. Absolutely love Laurel to Riley. Hopefully there was a good band playing at LSL for you to listen to on the last few holes from across the lake.
Sorry we have a foursome. Even at 12:29 the setting sun was so terrible on #8 and #9 on Riley, you couldn't see anything.

Speaking about the OP's question. This Friday our foursome was shut out. A request made on Saturday for this Friday, 4 golfers, 7 courses, teetime between 11:56 and 12:59 and they couldn't accommodate the request. I had to go back on the site and the best available time I could get was 1:24 at Havana (Kilimanjaro), which means we'll probably play just nine holes. I could of gotten 30 minutes earlier but at Lopez or HH, but we all live the south area.
Closed Thread

Tags
crowded, back, mar-apr, year, 2020-2021

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.