Shell Station at Colony Cottage

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Default Shell Station at Colony Cottage

For the 3rd time in the past couple of months, I have went to the Shell Station at Colony Cottage only to be turned away..they did not have any gas??? There were at least 8 cars/golf carts there and no one could get any gas. To make matters worse, their price is in the neighborhood of 20 cents higher than anywhere else. I spoke to the clerk inside and that was a joke, she just didn't care. What a shame. I suspect that this business is underfunded and poorly managed. We who live on the south side deserve better.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Was just there two days ago and all fine.
As the Southern reaches of TV develop that station will come around, right now it is basically the only game in town. I will wager in 2 years or so, 466A will be a 466 clone!

Army Guy
Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM

What an attitude! So you think you're better than us who live on the north side? Give me a break!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Gas

I was there yesterday morning and got gas. As a matter of fact the truck had just finished dropping off gas. So if they ran out business is actualy very good. Since this new guy took over things have turned around a lot. Yea the price is higher but what choice do you have. And lets be fair if your filling your golf cart what are you buying 4 or 5 gallons wow that's a buck at most. Pay for the convience. I'm glad there's a station on this side period.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Dancing Thyme

I was there 2 days ago and business was booming. The place was filled with cars, carts and construction vehicles. That's prob why they are running out of gas. They are very convenient and Skip is right, they have gotten better with the new management. BTW, what could the girl inside say? She's just a cashier, she doesn't make the prices. With the rent that they pay, I can understand them being somewhat higher than stations outside TV. I love the convenience.
Army Guy, hello,, where you been? I been missing you...
Sail 41,,, ??????????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 PM

I stopped this morning for gas, and there were two Sumter Co. police cars in the parking lot. The officer said that the pumps were open for use with cards, but the store was closed. Does anybody know what the situation was?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail41 View Post
What an attitude! So you think you're better than us who live on the north side? Give me a break!
Hi Sail41...I don't think that Quinn was dissing the north side...he just meant that we who live on the south side don't have the options that you do on the north side.

We're still pretty new here and only have the one Shell Station at Colony plaza to get our gas.

As armyguy said, in a couple of years 466A should look a lot like 466.

I'm wishing we had some good restaurants over here.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Hi Sail41...I don't think that Quinn was dissing the north side...he just meant that we who live on the south side don't have the options that you do on the north side.

We're still pretty new here and only have the one Shell Station at Colony plaza to get our gas.

As armyguy said, in a couple of years 466A should look a lot like 466.

I'm wishing we had some good restaurants over here.
I agree with what you've stated, however I don't think 466A will look like 466 in the future as armyguy stated, at least from the Lake Co. or Fruitland Park line near Colony Plaza to where the new Library and MV Offices are.

The south side of 466A is completely golf courses and on the north side there are also golf courses from Morse to Buena Vista and there is only a relative small amount of land still undeveloped beyond that! So you "might" see another gas station at the west end, but not much more.

Where you will undoubtedly see a lot of development is at the southern end of TV along Rt 44 and probably 44A. Who know for sure? I sure don't!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Cool

The Colony Shell is not located in the Villages. It is just outside.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I agree with what you've stated, however I don't think 466A will look like 466 in the future as armyguy stated, at least from the Lake Co. or Fruitland Park line near Colony Plaza to where the new Library and MV Offices are.

The south side of 466A is completely golf courses and on the north side there are also golf courses from Morse to Buena Vista and there is only a relative small amount of land still undeveloped beyond that! So you "might" see another gas station at the west end, but not much more.

Where you will undoubtedly see a lot of development is at the southern end of TV along Rt 44 and probably 44A. Who know for sure? I sure don't!

The Villages Florida

I agree, what I meant to say was in all the areas that will be used for retail. Remember that a major strip mall is aslo going in next to Sumter Place. But areas that are not TV property will boom, since if you read the posted signs are zoned comercial.

Kathy, I am here, just busy enjoying life as a fulltimer now!

Army Guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.