24 hours in Magic Kingdom

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Default 24 hours in Magic Kingdom

I am slowly recovering from spending 24 hours plus travel time in the Magic Kingdom with 10 other slightly crazy Village folk. We had a fantastic time with Mickey and his friends. Anyone else go to the One More Day event for Leap Day?

Suzanne
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 PM

We just got back from a 1 week Disney park n cruise. 4 days at each WDW park, then onto a 3 night Disney Dream cruise to Bahama's........I'm ready for some Villages R&R !!! Seeing the grandkids was priceless.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 PM

We went for just a few hours early this AM. Smaller crowds and much easier on the body. They let us park for free and even got a free coke. Had to pinch myself to make sure I was at Disney.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Veteran member

We were there as well. Started at the Magic Kingdom at 10:00 AM, then went to Epcot for a nice dinner at the San Angel Inn, then back to the Magic Kingdom for more craziness. We decided to go back to our hotel (Disney All-Star Movie Resort) at 5:00 AM for a few hours of shut eye, checked out at 11:00 AM, back in TV by 12:30 PM.

Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Probably won't be doing that again (until next leap year)!

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

We haven't gone to the Magic Kingdom or Disney World from here in TV, but we did stay there at the Boardwalk Villas there for 6 days with our son and his girlfriend in July, 2010. The reason I mention this is because it is when the seed was planted that eventually developed into our now being permanent residents of TV. It didn't happen immediately and it did entail a series of several thought processes and events that lead to our being where we are today, though it could have just as easily led us to the Phoenix Arizona area. Since it would probably take my preparing a short story to explain the process, I'll spare you the details... but will say that we're glad it didn't turn out to be Arizona!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
We were there as well. Started at the Magic Kingdom at 10:00 AM, then went to Epcot for a nice dinner at the San Angel Inn, then back to the Magic Kingdom for more craziness. We decided to go back to our hotel (Disney All-Star Movie Resort) at 5:00 AM for a few hours of shut eye, checked out at 11:00 AM, back in TV by 12:30 PM.

Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. Probably won't be doing that again (until next leap year)!
I hear you....my daughter is extremely jealous and said if they do a 24 hour day again we are going to do it together...I told her I was game but if it was 4 years from now I might have to be one of those driving. around all day in an electric scooter...... I figure I'm golf cart approved so I should be able to handle a scooter.

Suzanne
Old 03-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

That much Mickey would make me sicky!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
That much Mickey would make me sicky!
Ah...one less person in lines....

Suzanne
Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Gold member
Default Rates

Do they advertise special rates or prices for Fla residents?

Or discount on a family year pass.

The Disney stay and Cruise seems cool

I know my kids and grandkids will be waiting to go when we move

Herv- I will never grow up!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Do they advertise special rates or prices for Fla residents?

Or a discount on a Fla Family year pass.

The Disney stay and Cruise seems cool

I know my kids and grandkids will be waiting to go when we move

Herv- I will never grow up!
Yes, if you go to the Disney web site (Disney | Official Home Page for All Things Disney), go to the theme park link, then put "Florida Resident Discounts" into the search bar, you will find info on discounts for annual passes, seasonal passes, three day passes (running a special now), Disney hotel discounts for FL residents, etc.

That said, I find the Disney web site cumbersome. If you are a AAA member they can assist you to not only get FL resident discounts, but also AAA discounts tagged on.

IMHO, if you love going to Disney, the best bang for the buck is the Florida Resident Seasonal Pass. We've had these passes for many years and they work great for our needs. There are black out dates from the week between Christmas and New Year's, around Easter, and a couple of months in the summer (all times I avoid WDW like the plague because it is too crowded), but the rest of the year you can go whenever you want to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom. I think they run about $265/year if you buy them through AAA.

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 03-03-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Gold member
Default Thanks

Quote:
Yes, if you go to the Disney web site ([url=http://www.disney.com]Disney |

That said, I find the Disney web site cumbersome. If you are a AAA member they can assist you to not only get FL resident discounts, but also AAA discounts tagged on.
Appreciate the information. I love Disney! Even now that I can go when every I wish!

Thanks Capt!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
I hear you....my daughter is extremely jealous and said if they do a 24 hour day again we are going to do it together...I told her I was game but if it was 4 years from now I might have to be one of those driving. around all day in an electric scooter...... I figure I'm golf cart approved so I should be able to handle a scooter.

Suzanne
Did you see the thousands of people line dancing to "The Electric Slide" in front of Cinderella's Castle at 4:30 AM? It reminded me a lot of our town squares.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Gold member
Default Missed that!

And I bet thery were not putting plastic bags over chairs.!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Did you see the thousands of people line dancing to "The Electric Slide" in front of Cinderella's Castle at 4:30 AM? It reminded me a lot of our town squares.
Yep...I should have been watching where I was walking instead though....,,,,missed a curb and I have some pretty nasty bruises as a souvenir. Yes I'm known as a klutz among those who really know and love me. I'm very happy no more damage was done to me, my camera or muy cell phone. All could have been badly broken. Thank you God for looking out for me!

Suzanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.