Day Trip to New Smyrna Beach

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default Day Trip to New Smyrna Beach

Thanks to the interesting thread about day trips to the beach, we and friends are taking a day trip to New Smyrna Beach on Easter Sunday.

They are interested in checking it out as a place to take their grandchildren this summer (obviously, not the part near the inlet!).

I know most everything may be closed, but does anyone who's been there have suggestions as to what we should look at, besides the beach?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 PM

There was another thread which mentioned day trips to the beach which had some suggestions including NSB. We own a little "bungalow" in NSB which three of our four children have lived in, the youngest is living there now. The oldest son is back in VA, the oldest daughter married and bought a home in Edgewater just minutes from NSB. We haven't been able to talk our other son into coming to FL yet, but we haven't given up!! We would have probably settled in the NSB area if we had not found the Villages. Check out the shops and restaurants along Canal St. and Flagler Avenue, there are some great little spots, it is a beautiful place. It is pretty close, just about 1.5 hours away so makes a great day trip, also check out the Daytona Farmers & Flea Market, Fri-Sun - another great place for anything you can imagine!!! We will be permanent villagers by this summer!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Eternal Member

With most things being closed for Easter you may want to try the walkway around the northern end of NSB near the inlet. There is a park area that charges you for parking and that is the start of the nature walk. It is a raised wooden walkway a few miles long. I have walked it a number of times and have see sea turtles and a lot of interesting birds along with flowering wildlife. You can also drive on the beach and park at near the inlet and start the walk that way.

You can also go to the Canaveral National Seashore. Not sure if it is open on Easter so better check. On a clear day you can see the large assembly building at Kennedy Space Center from the last parking lot. There is a cost to enter but you may want to get the Senior park service card that allows you and guests to enter any national park in the country for free. One time coat I think is $10.00 and is goof for life. I think you have to be over 60 to get one.

VG
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Thanks for that info, VG and beachx. We assume pretty much everything will be closed for Easter, but both couples are kidless for Easter, so we thought it might be fun to drive over there and check it out.

We'll definitely check out both places.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.