27 /441 Cart Crossing.

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default 27 /441 Cart Crossing.

I believe it was in tuesdays Daily Sun I read that the Florida Department of transportation or some state authority named like that evaluated the possiblity of a golf cart crossing 27/441 at Buenas Aries and determined it to be a good location and was wondering what other steps would have to be taken and what other villagers thought about the move.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I believe it was in tuesdays Daily Sun I read that the Florida Department of transportation or some state authority named like that evaluated the possiblity of a golf cart crossing 27/441 at Buenas Aries and determined it to be a good location and was wondering what other steps would have to be taken and what other villagers thought about the move.
I believe I read that Marion County has agreed to golf carts crossing 441, but I cannot imagine where they will cross in Marion. The last time I crossed 441 at Lowes there were several golf carts crossing on that light - personally, I think it is very dangerous to use a golf cart to cross 441, but to each his own.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Did they say When?

I can't wait, No more "bumpy trails to you"....My logic, if handicap scooters, pedestrians and bicycles can cross, why not golf carts, just be careful!.....Yea!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Sage

I was under the impression that only street legal carts could be on Buenas Aries or El Caminio. If it is a done deal I hope the traffic signal system be designed for it.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I believe I read that Marion County has agreed to golf carts crossing 441, but I cannot imagine where they will cross in Marion. The last time I crossed 441 at Lowes there were several golf carts crossing on that light - personally, I think it is very dangerous to use a golf cart to cross 441, but to each his own.
I have a feeling that if they allow that it won't be long before they start scraping people off the pavement with a spatula on a regular basis. Good thing TVRH is close by!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Veteran member

I believe that it is the intersection at McDonalds or it is the one at Dell Webb.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Gold member

Great long overdo.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
I have a feeling that if they allow that it won't be long before they start scraping people off the pavement with a spatula on a regular basis. Good thing TVRH is close by!
when is the last time anyone got scraped off the road crossing 441. i have a lsv and do it on a regular basis. no different than crossing in a car. just obey the lights. where do these wild statements come from anyway?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I was under the impression that only street legal carts could be on Buenas Aries or El Caminio. If it is a done deal I hope the traffic signal system be designed for it.
You are correct, no carts on Buenos Aries Blvd. and El Camino Real, although you can cross El Camino at the light controlled intersection outside the villages of Alhambra and Santiago. The intersection mentioned in the paper was north of any of The Villages crossings.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Sage

Oh, ah ok. I thought the crossing mentioned was the one that would shoot you directly into Lowes, cracker barrel. My mistake.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Sage
Quote:
Oh, ah ok. I thought the crossing mentioned was the one that would shoot you directly into Lowes, cracker barrel. My mistake.
The Lowes' crossing is still in Sumter County. Somebody posted the crossings are only allowed in Marion County.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage

We own an LSV cart and have crossed 441 several times...at lights, it's no different than "if" you are in a car. The cross-traffic has already stopped so there wouldn't be any "light runners". Only thing that might be dangerous is the left-turning folks who don't comply with the law of vehicles going straight. IMHO...it's more dangerous to be out on the 35mph or lower roads where some folks don't know what the laws are and don't drive defensively.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
when is the last time anyone got scraped off the road crossing 441. i have a lsv and do it on a regular basis. no different than crossing in a car. just obey the lights. where do these wild statements come from anyway?
Wild statements? Let's see..first off your LSV requires a driver's license, plates & insurance. A golf cart requires no such thing. In my short time of living here I have observed a large number of golf cart operators who are driving around living in their own world and paying zero attention to what is around them. There are plenty of people driving golf carts in TV who can no longer qualify for a driver's license. Every time I see a place where carts & licensed cars & trucks merge I see "interesting" things happening. I don't know how many times I've gone to make a right turn and there's some golf cart driver trying to run me on the inside right.

No..mixing non-street legal carts and cars & trucks at a major highway intersection is a recipe for disaster.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Lowes is not in Marion Co. and that's not the spot approved anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I can't wait, No more "bumpy trails to you"....My logic, if handicap scooters, pedestrians and bicycles can cross, why not golf carts, just be careful!.....Yea!
You're wrong about no more bumby trails....sorry.

Quote:
Not the spot.

Quote:
Not that close to the correct spot. Just a little further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
I believe that it is the intersection at McDonalds or it is the one at Dell Webb.
Wrong and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Great long overdo.
You are correct, it is overdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Just people posting about things they know little or nothing about. You have been here long enough to see that a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
You are correct, no carts on Buenos Aries Blvd. and El Camino Real, although you can cross El Camino at the light controlled intersection outside the villages of Alhambra and Santiago. The intersection mentioned in the paper was north of any of The Villages crossings.
Wow...a correct post from Ooper!

Quote:
No problem. We all make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The Lowes' crossing is still in Sumter County. Somebody posted the crossings are only allowed in Marion County.
You are correct. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We own an LSV cart and have crossed 441 several times...at lights, it's no different than "if" you are in a car. The cross-traffic has already stopped so there wouldn't be any "light runners". Only thing that might be dangerous is the left-turning folks who don't comply with the law of vehicles going straight. IMHO...it's more dangerous to be out on the 35mph or lower roads where some folks don't know what the laws are and don't drive defensively.
Can't believe someone would not comply with a traffic law.

Quote:
Wild statements? Let's see..first off your LSV requires a driver's license, plates & insurance. A golf cart requires no such thing. In my short time of living here I have observed a large number of golf cart operators who are driving around living in their own world and paying zero attention to what is around them. There are plenty of people driving golf carts in TV who can no longer qualify for a driver's license. Every time I see a place where carts & licensed cars & trucks merge I see "interesting" things happening. I don't know how many times I've gone to make a right turn and there's some golf cart driver trying to run me on the inside right.

No..mixing non-street legal carts and cars & trucks at a major highway intersection is a recipe for disaster.
We don't have to worry about it yet.

THE STORY IN THE PAPER STATED - MARION CO. APPROVED CROSSING 27/441 at S.E. 176. THAT IS NORTH OF WALMART AT STONE CREST.

Last edited by Moderator; 03-25-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: deleted inflammatory statement
Old 03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
I don't know how many times I've gone to make a right turn and there's some golf cart driver trying to run me on the inside right.

Mack, if you were turning right and the cart was going straight, YOU were in the wrong, not the golf cart. It had the right of way. You're supposed to wait until it crosses before you make your turn.

I've driven an LSV across 441. I feel about as safe crossing 441 as I do going over the bridge. Both are hazardous; both require that you be extremely vigilant. Of the two, I think I'm safer on the street than on the bridge -- at least there's some room to maneuver on 441, plus I can see the traffic and see if vehicles have stopped. There's no room to get out of the way on the bridge and no way to see what's coming from the opposite direction when a drunk drives down the middle and coasts going downhill while halfway up the hill. Very scary!!!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.