2nd Wave??

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2020, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane8 View Post
Not very impressive---a believer with a degree---there are many of them

Don't get me wrong, bottom line is CFS may very well be real, in 50 years we might be laughing at those that didn't think so. But for now, there is a lot of room for doubt. That doesn't make your symptoms any less real, it just means they don't fit neatly into a diagnostic category, cannot be studied by objective criteria, and has no specific treatment. I hope they find a treatment soon to help you and others. The other bottom line of course is that without an ICDM-9 code , nobody gets paid.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:16 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Did you read my post at all????
CFS is NOT a real disease. At most it is a syndrome, one that may or may not exist, cannot be defined, cannot be tested for and cannot be treated, regardless of any cult mystique that has surrounded it. I know I'm talking to a brick wall with many who have chosen to believe in it, but the remaining rational people should know the facts
Half the physicians believe it is real and every person who has it knows it is. Many research centers are working to better identify and treat it. I don’t have CFS but understand the frustration of those who do.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Yes, some folks really do NEED a gov nanny to protect them. We don't and didn't need a mask mandate. If you wish to wear a mask then it is your right to wear one. It is NOT your right to demand others to wear one for your safety. You have the right to stay home or go where you will feel safe. You have no right to dictate limitations on other American freedoms. You do not have to agree, but you do have to abide by the law. There is no law that mandates a mask and if there was one, then they would also have to mandate what kind of mask, how you wear it, etc.
Since I have been reading hysterical posts on here, I have started to relax my mask wearing. I have seen how few folks die from the virus and I do not believe that I will. If that bothers you, oh well. Life is full of disagreements, and like the song goes "you don't always get what you want...."
If a business has it posted that customers wear a mask, then I will comply. Otherwise, I just stay a "safe" distance away from folks that I converse with and I don't linger with others that I have to pass.
I do not see why so many folks insist on living in a constant panic mode, but some folks are just weak. Just because someone died from a virus, flu, measles, pox, etc. does not mean that the spores are concentrated in the air. I have always used the wipes offered at stores like Walmart or Publix to wipe my cart and my hands. It's just one of those things that is a habit. Living overseas in some filthy countries, taught me to wash my hands many times a day. I did wear my mask and gloves when this thing first started, and I have had two family members die from the virus(supposedly). But, I refuse to live in a state of hysteria.
Suit yourself but don't presume to tell me how I should "protect" you. Like I have said many times, if you fear the monstrous COVID virus, then stay home and leave the rest of us to live our lives. If we are wrong, then it's just fewer folks polluting your world.
Thanks to all the information gleaned from this forum, I no longer wear my mask as much. I now feel that I have been overly cautious.
You missed the point of my post. If the Federal Government had mandated masks back in January, the virus would have been starved of hosts. No hosts, the virus burns itself out. I truly believe we did not have to shut down the economy. Masking would have served that purpose. I would much rather have had a mask mandate than tank our economy.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Yes, some folks really do NEED a gov nanny to protect them. We don't and didn't need a mask mandate. If you wish to wear a mask then it is your right to wear one. It is NOT your right to demand others to wear one for your safety. You have the right to stay home or go where you will feel safe. You have no right to dictate limitations on other American freedoms. You do not have to agree, but you do have to abide by the law. There is no law that mandates a mask and if there was one, then they would also have to mandate what kind of mask, how you wear it, etc.
Since I have been reading hysterical posts on here, I have started to relax my mask wearing. I have seen how few folks die from the virus and I do not believe that I will. If that bothers you, oh well. Life is full of disagreements, and like the song goes "you don't always get what you want...."
If a business has it posted that customers wear a mask, then I will comply. Otherwise, I just stay a "safe" distance away from folks that I converse with and I don't linger with others that I have to pass.
I do not see why so many folks insist on living in a constant panic mode, but some folks are just weak. Just because someone died from a virus, flu, measles, pox, etc. does not mean that the spores are concentrated in the air. I have always used the wipes offered at stores like Walmart or Publix to wipe my cart and my hands. It's just one of those things that is a habit. Living overseas in some filthy countries, taught me to wash my hands many times a day. I did wear my mask and gloves when this thing first started, and I have had two family members die from the virus(supposedly). But, I refuse to live in a state of hysteria.
Suit yourself but don't presume to tell me how I should "protect" you. Like I have said many times, if you fear the monstrous COVID virus, then stay home and leave the rest of us to live our lives. If we are wrong, then it's just fewer folks polluting your world.
Thanks to all the information gleaned from this forum, I no longer wear my mask as much. I now feel that I have been overly cautious.
Well said, if someone feels that wearing a mask is helping to keep themselves and others safe then fine... good for them. But I prefer to only wear a mask when it’s required, otherwise I just try to keep a safe distance from others as I go about my own business. I see people out and about wearing masks when there’s no one within 100 feet of them. A little silly to me but I’ll respect their caution and try to give them their space.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
CFS is NOT a real disease. At most it is a syndrome, one that may or may not exist, cannot be defined, cannot be tested for and cannot be treated, regardless of any cult mystique that has surrounded it. I know I'm talking to a brick wall with many who have chosen to believe in it, but the remaining rational people should know the facts
Read the definition of CFS on the CDC website. Watch the video by doctor Unger. Please stop giving false information about this illness.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You missed the point of my post. If the Federal Government had mandated masks back in January, the virus would have been starved of hosts. No hosts, the virus burns itself out. I truly believe we did not have to shut down the economy. Masking would have served that purpose. I would much rather have had a mask mandate than tank our economy.
The thing is there was almost instantly a mask shortage. My wife's a nurse and her hospital had a hard time staying supplied. There was almost nothing available to the general public.

You can mandate all you want but if supply can't keep up with demand it's pretty much an empty mandate.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-17-2020, 08:07 PM
Sage

Golfing Eagles is a physician. I am pretty sure he knows more than you. You would be well advised to listen to what he is saying.

Quote:
Read the definition of CFS on the CDC website. Watch the video by doctor Unger. Please stop giving false information about this illness.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The thing is there was almost instantly a mask shortage. My wife's a nurse and her hospital had a hard time staying supplied. There was almost nothing available to the general public.

You can mandate all you want but if supply can't keep up with demand it's pretty much an empty mandate.
All the more reason to maintain a “crew” monitoring and insuring we were prepared,

And

Acting very quickly as soon as we knew we had a problem....January.

And remember, the country did not send masks to China early on that were owned by the government, BUT, they did assist in shipping that material donated by American companies. Wonder if those companies had been told...oh never mind.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Golfing Eagles is a physician. I am pretty sure he knows more than you. You would be well advised to listen to what he is saying.
When you get CFS, feel free to go to Dr. Eagles. I went to Paul Cheney, MD. He spent the majority of his career working with CFS patients until he retired. I trusted him with my care for 25 years. Dr. Eagles may be a wonderful doctor, but I'll stay with my current doctor who believes CFS is a real illness.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
I've always respected your opinion, doc. But I think you were a bit extreme and harsh in this post.

I know CFS is a nebulous, difficult-to-define condition. But WebMD, The Mayo Clinic, and Harvard Health are a few of those folks "who have chosen to believe in it". Personally I consider them to be among the rational people.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

The second masks became readily available again, they should have mandated it. Instead of waiting months for the country to recover (which obviously hasn't happened yet) we would have stood a much better chance of recovering within a month or two after a mandate was issued.

We'll never know, now. And the first wave never ended so no - this isn't a second wave starting. It's just the resurgence of the first one.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
When you get CFS, feel free to go to Dr. Eagles. I went to Paul Cheney, MD. He spent the majority of his career working with CFS patients until he retired. I trusted him with my care for 25 years. Dr. Eagles may be a wonderful doctor, but I'll stay with my current doctor who believes CFS is a real illness.
Eagles is nitpicking. No, it's not a "disease." But yes, it is an illness. People who have CFS actually have CFS. It's a thing. It isn't a disease. But it exists, and it's a thing, and some people have it, no matter which nit Dr. Eagles picks from it.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I've always respected your opinion, doc. But I think you were a bit extreme and harsh in this post.

I know CFS is a nebulous, difficult-to-define condition. But WebMD, The Mayo Clinic, and Harvard Health are a few of those folks "who have chosen to believe in it". Personally I consider them to be among the rational people.
Sure I was harsh, PB. I usually get that way after being called ignorant. And remember, medical websites that are intended for the layperson tend to "give them what they want"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Eagles is nitpicking. No, it's not a "disease." But yes, it is an illness. People who have CFS actually have CFS. It's a thing. It isn't a disease. But it exists, and it's a thing, and some people have it, no matter which nit Dr. Eagles picks from it.
Yes, definitely nitpicking. I wanted to show that the medical community has differing view on CFS and nothing is definitive. I had no delusion that I would be able to educate a "true believer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
“Yeah, there is no IMDE number for CFS so I can’t get paid.” Speaks volumes about him.
Now I'll get harsh----HOW DARE YOU!. First, do you have a reading comprehension issue, since I never posted that. I was explaining how vague symptom complexes are often given a name so OTHERS can bill for them. I personally have given away millions in free care, never denied a patient care based on ability to pay, and never followed my bottom line closely. So as far as your comment goes, I have a few proctologists that I can refer you too. (Sorry, but I think you deserved that)

Quote:
I'm glad you found what you were looking for. So to be clear, I've posted a link to Dr. Cheney's clinic, which of course he named after himself. Everyone can look at all the fringe/alternative medicine on the site and decide for themselves

Cheney Clinic - Helping Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Old 10-18-2020, 06:12 AM
Sage

You should avoid accusing people with domain expertise of giving false information, as you did.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 10-18-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The second masks became readily available again, they should have mandated it. Instead of waiting months for the country to recover (which obviously hasn't happened yet) we would have stood a much better chance of recovering within a month or two after a mandate was issued.

We'll never know, now. And the first wave never ended so no - this isn't a second wave starting. It's just the resurgence of the first one.
There is NO way even with a mandate that everyone would have worn a mask. This forum is proof of that.
Closed Thread

Tags
wave, start, hunkering, 2nd, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.