30 somethings

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
One would assume that since TV is a 55 and over community that at least 80%(?) of the population is over 55. Yet about half of the crime reported is by persons under 55. Pretty sure that number is disproportionate to the population as a whole.
And you would be wrong.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Sage

I can see a new reality show on the Velocity channel. Villages Chop Shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Eternal Member

I know quite a few people that their kids live with them and mom & dad love it. The kids are not married & work in the area.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I know quite a few people that their kids live with them and mom & dad love it. The kids are not married & work in the area.
I could probably move to DC, LA, or NYC and do well with stuff but am taking care of the parents right now. I have been here since 2005 though but have worked on something that got the attention of Gary Corsair then a reporter for The Villages Daily Sun. This was about my advocacy to get the Florida Victim Services Directory connected to the Marion, Lake and Sumter County Library Systems' web-sites. Mr. Corsair's article came out on Memorial Day 2007 but I have worked on other stuff in many states and even some other countries. It is a very creative effort so it would look strange to some people unfamiliar with the issues involved and more importantly with some of the people.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And you would be wrong.
Have been before. Which part is -in your opinion - wrong?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 06-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Have been before. Which part is -in your opinion - wrong?
Just guessing but perhaps it is the notion that the " children " in question are actually " adults " .
Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I could probably move to DC, LA, or NYC and do well with stuff but am taking care of the parents right now. I have been here since 2005 though but have worked on something that got the attention of Gary Corsair then a reporter for The Villages Daily Sun. This was about my advocacy to get the Florida Victim Services Directory connected to the Marion, Lake and Sumter County Library Systems' web-sites. Mr. Corsair's article came out on Memorial Day 2007 but I have worked on other stuff in many states and even some other countries. It is a very creative effort so it would look strange to some people unfamiliar with the issues involved and more importantly with some of the people.
A good man... Mr. Corsair
Old 06-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Keep up the good work Tal !

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sadly, our problems don't go away just because we moved here. If our children have a drug or alcohol problem, our first instinct is to help them. Even sadder, that "help" comes in the form of enabling. So, until the parents truly see that supporting these offspring does not help them, the rest of us have to put up with these mistakes.

On the plus side, there are several adult children living here that you will never hear about. They are the ones who gave up their lives in another town to become caretakers. They are our unsung heroes. Fortunately, there are more of these Heroes here than you can possibly imagine.
You hit it right on, as usual. Just like anything else, the good go totally unnoticed. Thank you for recognizing them. They do get far little recognition, even though they don't do it for recognition, but out of love.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Book 'em, Danno.

I don't like either one; golf cart chop shops or drug dealing.

AND how short of time they will be incarcerated before they bail out. Florida has revolving door jails and judges who need to be kicked in the fanny.

Let's see if this will copy from the V-I-l-l-a-g-e-s N-e-w-s;

"Sumter County sheriff’s deputies executed a search warrant this morning at a troubled property in The Villages.
The house at 1902 Antonia Place previously has made headlines.
Frustrated, overwhelmed neighbors showed up earlier this month at a Community Development District 1 supervisors’ meeting to complain about the unkempt property located near Tierra Del Sol Recreation Center. They also hinted at what they suspected was illicit activity at the home.
Shortly after 6 a.m. today, the might of the sheriff’s office descended on the problematic home. The SWAT team executed a search warrant obtained after a confidential informant helped orchestrate three drug buys on three different occasions at the home"

The rest is interesting as well. Seems an elderly man lives there with a 41 year old niece who has "friends" staying there.
Grace, I got out of the article that he no longer resides in the home but does still own it. He let her live there (don't know if she was supposed to take care of him for a while or why he left) and that's when she moved her "friends" in with her.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
You hit it right on, as usual. Just like anything else, the good go totally unnoticed. Thank you for recognizing them. They do get far little recognition, even though they don't do it for recognition, but out of love.
I have met or heard of many 30-60 year olds who take care of their parents here in the Villages. Two were living with a leader of a Catholic church of volunteers when their house got struck by lightning and then burned down. Fortunately they were not in it nor was anyone else. A few doors south of them there had been a meth lab a few years prior to that. This was kids of the owner who got arrested. I do remember some neighbors speculating that another meth lab was involved. Just a lightning strike however.

Sometimes fate is kind some times it is fickle. And some of us just have to deal the best we can with the hand dealt us by life.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage

There is no doubt the crimes committed by adult children is disproportionate to their numbers.

Neighbors should be aware of their presence.

This is especially true of the "children" that never left home.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Keep up the good work Tal !

I am getting a lot of help. People have seemed to have given me a very broad canvas to work with. Those actors and actresses at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis put some ideas into my head around 1990. Probably while I was enjoying the play Harvey! Looks like it has returned too up there. Theater review: "Harvey" at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis - StarTribune.com Guthrie Theater production history - Wikipedia

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-22-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,608 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
There is no doubt the crimes committed by adult children is disproportionate to their numbers.

Neighbors should be aware of their presence.

This is especially true of the "children" that never left home.

Some of them are "yo-yo" kids, not really children anymore, at least by their age and appearance. They remain perpetually dependent on society and/or their parents. Although a minuscule number of them are among those getting divorced, experiencing serious health issues or temporary financial difficulties due job loss or sickness, most are back from living on the street, rehab, half-way houses or from prison.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-22-2017, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Some of them are "yo-yo" kids, not really children anymore, at least by their age and appearance. They remain perpetually dependent on society and/or their parents. Although a minuscule number of them are among those getting divorced, experiencing serious health issues or temporary financial difficulties due job loss or sickness, most are back from living on the street, rehab, half-way houses or from prison.
Often these yo-yo kids that lack life experience are troublemakers with no social skills. They are the squeaky wheel that often give the villages a bad reputation, even if the actions are not criminal in nature.
Closed Thread

Tags
living, parents, adults, saddens, somethings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.