30 somethings

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Check out on the unnameable news site the mug shots and short bios of the 5 arrestees who were at a TV house law enforcement recently raided. A rough bunch of Villagers indeed! The only one over 55 was a 63 year old who last year was a squatter in an unoccupied TV house.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Check out on the unnameable news site the mug shots and short bios of the 5 arrestees who were at a TV house law enforcement recently raided. A rough bunch of Villagers indeed! The only one over 55 was a 63 year old who last year was a squatter in an unoccupied TV house.
I will check out that article.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Often these yo-yo kids that lack life experience are troublemakers with no social skills. They are the squeaky wheel that often give the villages a bad reputation, even if the actions are not criminal in nature.
Please explain how these people of which you speak, are "troublemakers"...if they're not doing anything illegal or criminal?
Old 07-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Often these yo-yo kids that lack life experience are troublemakers with no social skills. They are the squeaky wheel that often give the villages a bad reputation, even if the actions are not criminal in nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Please explain how these people of which you speak, are "troublemakers"...if they're not doing anything illegal or criminal?
How can they be giving The Villages a bad reputation, if they're not doing anything illegal or criminal in nature.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Bit of an over generalization with a pinch of paranoia thrown in for flavor.

I know many adult children that live with their older parents. None are criminals or drug dealers. Some have fallen on hard times because of divorce or job loss, some have moved back to care for their parents, and others just never left the nest but they work and are not parasites to their parents.

Id be more concerned if it were a 20-something grandchild that all of a sudden showed up to live with their grandparents.
Im 24 and live in the villages....... I ride a motorcycle, concealed carry a pistol and have tattoos. But I also go to college full time and work, you dont see me on the news getting arrested, its all about the individual and not the age.

I see plenty of people over the age of 55 getting arrested........ like the lated that was arrested just standing in the middle of the road in nothing but black leather boots.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_ View Post
Im 24 and live in the villages....... I ride a motorcycle, concealed carry a pistol and have tattoos. But I also go to college full time and work, you dont see me on the news getting arrested, its all about the individual and not the age.

I see plenty of people over the age of 55 getting arrested........ like the lated that was arrested just standing in the middle of the road in nothing but black leather boots.
Do not let some of these posters get you down. They are in no way indicative of what most Villagers are like.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

I know a lot of younger people in the Villages and we are friends with many of them. Several are here helping their parents.
I love the younger crowd and think it is awful when people on here judge people & blame the younger ones for any trouble.
We have lots of the older folks drinking & driving, getting DUI's, have pulled guns on people, fought with people, threw trash out of their car/cart, stole golf clubs from the country clubs, stole their neighbors property, stole golf carts, vandalized property and on and on.
Pay no attention to the ones that place blame. Many of us here have no problems at all with the younger ones living here.
P.S. Many of the older people here ride a motorcycle, carry a concealed weapon and have tattoos.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Im 24 and live in the villages.
Welcome to the TOTV Forum. We need posts from a wide range of ages!
Old 07-29-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Do not let some of these posters get you down. They are in no way indicative of what most Villagers are like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I know a lot of younger people in the Villages and we are friends with many of them. Several are here helping their parents.
I love the younger crowd and think it is awful when people on here judge people & blame the younger ones for any trouble.
We have lots of the older folks drinking & driving, getting DUI's, have pulled guns on people, fought with people, threw trash out of their car/cart, stole golf clubs from the country clubs, stole their neighbors property, stole golf carts, vandalized property and on and on.
Pay no attention to the ones that place blame. Many of us here have no problems at all with the younger ones living here.
P.S. Many of the older people here ride a motorcycle, carry a concealed weapon and have tattoos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Welcome to the TOTV Forum. We need posts from a wide range of ages!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have had many many many positive interactions since I moved here, however like anywhere you have small closed minded people. =]
Old 07-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have had many many many positive interactions since I moved here, however like anywhere you have small closed minded people. =]
Well stated.

There are also a few that have an unhealthy obsession with those that they don't think 'belong here,' but the good news is...they are easy to identify.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:

Welcome Jake! There are plenty of us here who appreciate you and those like you. There is a young man in our neighborhood who is really nice as well.

Illegitimi non carborundum est. (Don't let them [old folks] get you down.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

FORGETABOUIT! You're in. Welcome.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:

From Villages News July 29, 2017

84-year-old Villager sentenced after dispute in drive-through lane at Wendy’s

An 84-year-old Villager will have to undergo anger management training after a dispute in the drive-through lane at Wendy’s on Bichara Boulevard in The Villages.

Leo Applegate of the Village of La Reynalda entered a plea of no contest to a charge of battery earlier this month in Lake County Court. He has been placed on probation for six months and ordered to pay $625 in a variety of court and prosecution fees.

Applegate had gone at lunchtime on July 2 in his golf cart to the drive-through lane at the fast-food restaurant.

He did not want to accept the restaurant’s drink holder and tried to push his preferred drink holder through the window. A Wendy’s employee tried to close the window, but Applegate grabbed the woman’s wrist to stop the window from closing. The woman told Lady Lake police that Applegate cursed and yelled at her. Applegate, who had gotten out of his golf cart, “continued his insults from outside,” until police arrived on the scene and separated him from Wendy’s employees.

Applegate admitted to police he had tried to keep the window open and said he did not understand why they would not let him push his drink holder inside for them to use.

Villager jailed without bond after allegedly scratching deputy who tried to arrest her

A 59-year-old Villager was jailed without bond after allegedly scratching a deputy who tried to arrest her Wednesday at her home.

Sumter County sheriff’s deputies went to the home of Debra Jean Freeman on Woodridge Drive to place her under arrest on a charge of failure to appear in a battery case. She had been arrested earlier this year on the battery charge after allegedly throwing cream soda at a man at her home.

Deputies arrived at Freeman’s home Wednesday night and instructed her to put on her shoes as she was being placed under arrest. As deputies attempted to take her into custody, she scratched at a deputy and left him with blood dripping from a two-inch cut on his hand.

She was taken into custody on additional charges of battery and resisting arrest.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Just because times have changed so much. Do you go to class, or attend college on line. I am just being nosy.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:

Very excellent. Get armed, get trained, carry daily!
Closed Thread

Tags
living, parents, adults, saddens, somethings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.