4-car garage

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Perhaps the lack of 4 car garage homes is due to lack of demand.
I know of a few in and around our neighborhood. Each of them was a remodel project and two more garages.

Then there are those that appear to be only 2 car garages but are actually 4....one car parked in front of the other.

For those who really want a 4 car garage there are ways to make it happen.....$$$...space available.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Perhaps the lack of 4 car garage homes is due to lack of demand.
I know of a few in and around our neighborhood. Each of them was a remodel project and two more garages.

Then there are those that appear to be only 2 car garages but are actually 4....one car parked in front of the other.

For those who really want a 4 car garage there are ways to make it happen.....$$$...space available.
At this point there is no way to make it happen except on a corner lot. There are no other lots wide enough for a 4-car or deep enough for a 4-car tandem garage (front to back) parking. We have had our agent looking for one for over a year now and with the exception of one lot up against 468 there have been none. You would think by now there would be one street that has an odd configuration that would allow for a larger lot but none have come up.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
At this point there is no way to make it happen except on a corner lot. There are no other lots wide enough for a 4-car or deep enough for a 4-car tandem garage (front to back) parking. We have had our agent looking for one for over a year now and with the exception of one lot up against 468 there have been none. You would think by now there would be one street that has an odd configuration that would allow for a larger lot but none have come up.
And why not a corner lot?
Old 12-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
And why not a corner lot?
Traffic and golf cars on two sides of the house. I like quiet and don't like looking at cars driving along side of my lanai. Just a personal thing, others don't mind it at all as they all sell.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

My neighbor has a nine car garage. You can only see 4 from the front and the rest are around the side on a pie shaped lot. Perhaps you can do something similar on a smaller scale on a cul-de-sac lot. Another has three full in front, with a double deep on the last one. It has a cart door facing the back so they can pull around. And that one is on a regular inside lot.

And yes, the garages were part of the original build of the house built by the developer. But this was 15 years ago, do they still customize to add on garages?
Old 12-13-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
It amazes me to find out that there are no lots being developed within TV that will accommodate a home with a 4-car garage with the exception of corner lots. There is a demand for larger homes and premiers here but evidently it is not what they want to do at this time. There was one lot in Marsh Bend last year but it was right on 468 with all the traffic noise, etc.
I'm not sure why you are asking this, but if you are serious, here you go:
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 12-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I'm not sure why you are asking this, but if you are serious, here you go:
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
I am serious and I already looked at those over a year ago, that property is for horse lovers, way too much maintenance, and they have been for sale since 2016, not a great location either. I don't even consider those as being in TV and no one else seems to think that either. The price is right though as Marsh Bend is selling $300,000 lots and up there you get 5 acres.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
My neighbor has a nine car garage. You can only see 4 from the front and the rest are around the side on a pie shaped lot. Perhaps you can do something similar on a smaller scale on a cul-de-sac lot. Another has three full in front, with a double deep on the last one. It has a cart door facing the back so they can pull around. And that one is on a regular inside lot.

And yes, the garages were part of the original build of the house built by the developer. But this was 15 years ago, do they still customize to add on garages?
Our agent has been trying to find something that will accommodate a tandem garage and to date, nothing. I think they're squeezing in as many homes as possible per acre and not allowing room for what I need
Old 12-15-2019, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
I am serious and I already looked at those over a year ago, that property is for horse lovers, way too much maintenance, and they have been for sale since 2016, not a great location either. I don't even consider those as being in TV and no one else seems to think that either. The price is right though as Marsh Bend is selling $300,000 lots and up there you get 5 acres.
Horse farms area not in villages/district 4. But, they got all amenities of villages and pay to developers which screws district 4. All roads except BV in district 4 owned by district 4, Marion County collects the highest taxes in villages and only has to maintain BV.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

I believe that the reason that you don't see four garages is economics. First every square foot of land above a standard interior lot of 5200 sq ft is roughly 12.00. this is for unbuildable corner lot land. Buildable land is worth more

Now with that land you can build a garage worth, say 75.00 a sq ft in market value. Or you could build more house at 205. Sure it costs more it build livable square footage but not that much more proportionally in incremental cost.

What would you do if you were building homes? Would you pass on the profit?
Old 12-16-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I believe that the reason that you don't see four garages is economics. First every square foot of land above a standard interior lot of 5200 sq ft is roughly 12.00. this is for unbuildable corner lot land. Buildable land is worth more

Now with that land you can build a garage worth, say 75.00 a sq ft in market value. Or you could build more house at 205. Sure it costs more it build livable square footage but not that much more proportionally in incremental cost.

What would you do if you were building homes? Would you pass on the profit?
I would have an area that was just for larger homes and charge accordingly. They would all sell very quickly.
Closed Thread

Tags
lots, 4-car, garage, time, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.