441/27 golf cart bridge

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2015, 06:32 PM

I love the golf cart bridge and drive across several times in a typical day! I hope they keep it up forever. Would be nice to have ability to cross Buena Vista and Rolling Acres. Only time I need the car is to go to Kohls or ( in the other direction) to cross 441/27 at Walmart to eat at Sam's St John Seafood ( best grilled fish I've found!).

Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I have lived in TV since 2011. I have never crossed 441 on that overpass. I am too afraid to even try. The bridge seems narrow and dangerous.
Narrow and dangerous?? Naww!!

There was a picture of a car trying to get across that bridge a number of years ago
Old 04-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
Narrow and dangerous?? Naww!!

There was a picture of a car trying to get across that bridge a number of years ago
The poster who called the bridge narrow and dangerous admitted they've never driven over it before. Apparently it looks narrow and dangerous from a distance.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The poster who called the bridge narrow and dangerous admitted they've never driven over it before. Apparently it looks narrow and dangerous from a distance.
I agree JANMCN that the bridge is a bit narrow. I have driven across it only a few times in the 5 years I have lived here. My wife has closed her eyes when we traveled over the bridge because of it's narrowness. The bridge should have been constructed to give at least one foot of width in each direction to make the crossing less stressful, as should have the Morse Blvd Bridge.

Didn't mean to criticize the original poster's comments, but evidently my joke or humor kind of backfired and I meant no disrespect.

There was actually a picture of a car stuck partially on the bridge which was on TOTV.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:02 AM

Going over the bridge is my grandkids' favorite Florida attraction!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

My Only concern going over the bridge is how good the brakes are on my cart Our more concerned how good the brakes are on the other carts,
Pretty steep on the down side.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Must not have been any brake failures in a while. Reflector count on tree at the bottom holding steady at 7 for better than a season now.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
I have lived in TV since 2011. I have never crossed 441 on that overpass. I am too afraid to even try. The bridge seems narrow and dangerous.
Connie - If navigating the Lake Sumter bridge on Morse Blvd does not alarm you - you'll have no problem navigating the golf cart bridge over 441/27! The bridge was even recently striped!

Perhaps fear/anxiety about crossing that bridge is another reason why life is so peaceful without traffic on the historic side!

Old 04-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
snipped
The bridge should have been constructed to give at least one foot of width in each direction to make the crossing less stressful, as should have the Morse Blvd Bridge.

Agree with you totally! I tend to believe that the lack of foresight in the construction of the bridge was to think that golf cars would never increase in size as they have in recent years!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.