4th of July

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Default 4th of July

We are heading down for our Design visit the first week of July. Are there special events on or around the 4th?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Platinum member

SukiChu:

For a place like The Villages, there's surprisingly little acknowledgement of this important holiday! No fireworks in TV - safety and fire-prevention are usually cited - but some municipalities in the area may put on a display. That depends a great deal upon the municipality's finances!

There's not even a parade at the Squares. :-(

But, folks always have fun, just the same! All I'd ask is that every resident display at least one flag, 'though I'd prefer that your street frontage be lined with flags!

I'm guessing that you don't have any place at which to display flags, yet. Still, you can be patriotic in whatever you do!

Welcome.

SWR
Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM

I could of swore there performances by several groups at each of the town squares last year

Chris
Old 06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We were staying at Holiday Inn waiting to close on our new CYV on July 5th. So we walked over to SS and they had Rocky & the Rollers for entertainment along with a couple of groups of baton twirlers and the like, sorta the stuff you see on Fat Tuesday. It was a very hot day and it was a huge crowd, you needed to be there early to find a place.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:30 PM

Mt. Dora, Tavares & Leesburg all have nice events. All have fireworks over respective lakes. Mt. Dora gets my vote as it is a very cool little town.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

On July 3rd at the Savannah Center the New Horizons Concert Band and the Villages Concert Band combine and put on a wonderful patriotic performance. There are 2 performances - 3:00pm and 7:00pm. Get tickets ahead of time if possible - if you have friends here.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Default July 3 Concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
On July 3rd at the Savannah Center the New Horizons Concert Band and the Villages Concert Band combine and put on a wonderful patriotic performance. There are 2 performances - 3:00pm and 7:00pm. Get tickets ahead of time if possible - if you have friends here.
We are looking forward to seeing the concert - we came down last year with every intention to go. Went to the box office about 2 weeks prior to the date of the concert and the person working told us it had been sold out for quite some time. This year, ordered tickets as soon as I saw they were available! Can't wait to hear this group in performance...I timed our LSV several years ago so I could watch a rehearsal - they were making good music and having lots of fun doing it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.