The 4th Town Square Location

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I wonder what town the next square will be in?
Assuming it's built on property that is currently known to be owned by the developer and that the developer keeps to their agreement with Sumter County then the only possible answer is Wildwood. All the properties announced as purchased or being developed by the developer are in the city limits of Wildwood (including the latest 18,000 acres) with the exception of the West Lakes/Leesburg section.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Assuming it's built on property that is currently known to be owned by the developer and that the developer keeps to their agreement with Sumter County then the only possible answer is Wildwood. All the properties announced as purchased or being developed by the developer are in the city limits of Wildwood (including the latest 18,000 acres) with the exception of the West Lakes/Leesburg section.
I think they still have a large parcel west of the Red Fox golf course in Coleman but that area wouldn't really make sense for a square.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I think they still have a large parcel west of the Red Fox golf course in Coleman but that area wouldn't really make sense for a square.
Yeah, it might get a bit old constantly listening to...

Old 04-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yeah, it might get a bit old constantly listening to...

Jealousy will get you nowhere.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Jealousy will get you nowhere.
Trust me....
Old 04-17-2019, 09:58 PM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

Quote:

I think you are over estimating the size and impact of the 525E industrial area that The Villages is building, it's just over 65 acres so you may see a couple of hundred at best.
Do a Google search on Monarch Ranch / PJ Sola. 3,000 acres (2,000 develop-able) north of 468 and Coleman. The property is bordered by 75 / Turnpike / railroad. It's already being prepared to be a major distribution center (Amazon?). Million dollar SWFWMD environmental studies, Duke Energy projects already approved. Another turnpike entrance discussed. It's going to bring a LOT more people to the area. Really hope TV can find enough people to work in the retirement community. Almost going to have to build housing for them. (I don't know if The Villages owns Monarch Ranch.)

I'd like to see a mini Orlando-like skyline with a downtown area at the place where 75 & the turnpike split. Perhaps a monorail from just south of Brownwood to it. No way that happens, but hey we're getting that big. HA!

Would also like to see TV build a few premier type neighborhoods within its confines to attract good doctors and other professionals.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 04-17-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

Quote:

If you look at the properties within the current Villages moving from north to south you see a lot more open/green spaces and less density in the housing. The roads are wider with additional boulevard and shoulder grass areas. The reasons for this seem pretty obvious, money, these areas all cost to build and take away from the number of units available for sale. Earlier on, when the business wasn't as big and financially robust unit sales drove cash flow. As The Villages has grown (substantially) the ability to shift from quantity to quality has become apparent; simply drive down Morse Blvd from north to south and you see substantial changes.
Interesting comment concerning "open/space." Even though the houses in The Villages are tightly packed - golf courses, wetlands and the broad corridors that are Buena Vista and Morse Blvds create a sense of expansiveness. Leave your neighborhood, hit a primary road and you almost feel like you are out in the country.

Both Buena Vista & Morse will be ending. The two primary boulevards will be Meggison and Marsh Bend (and maybe Corbin Trail). It will be interesting to see how broad those corridors end up being and how much open area is adjacent to them. That is, will the drive be as impressive as Buena Vista and Morse?

The drive along Morse from 466 to 466a is amazing. Although the Developer continues to be creative, I don't think they can duplicate the Morse drive. Hopefully, they have a desire to do just that along these new boulevards.

On the golf course side of "expansiveness," there doesn't seem to be very many planned for the area south of Brownwood and the recently approved phases of development. If not, hopefully stands of trees and wetlands are planned to serve that purpose. (I think Chitty Chatty has a lot of that - but no golf course.)

Don't know why I bring this up. I'm sure everything has already been planned out (thinking back to the road map in your first post).

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 04-17-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, sumter, years, county, location

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.