50 neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2019, 03:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSunshine View Post
I agree with Gracie. If everyone was following the rules then there should be no issue. If people are not following the rules they agreed to when they bought the property then it's time time to look in the mirror and stop blaming other people for your own issues. Don't agree to the rules and then get mad at someone else because you aren't doing what you're supposed to do. To look for, make comments about, and try to attack the other person is extremely childish/toddler behavior.
And when u signed up to get a drivers license you agreed to abide by the law. Bet u speed on morse all the time
Old 09-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
And when u signed up to get a drivers license you agreed to abide by the law. Bet u speed on morse all the time
But, if you get a ticket, you blame your self, not the troll (I mean police).
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
About a month ago I asked that very question, and was told by Community Standards that the lawn 'under the eves' is controlled by deed restrictions. On your porch is not controlled. So you have to change your lawn ornaments to porch ornaments to come into compliance.
After reading what you have written, am I to understand that allowing lawn ornaments under the eaves is actually a myth? Some deed restrictions do allow lawn ornaments under the eaves and some do not?

I'll never understand why the deed restrictions are not the same throughout the entire community (all of The Villages). Who actually makes up these deed restrictions?
Old 09-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Platinum member

Y’all are making such a mountain of a molehill. If you put something out and it’s reported and in violation, a very polite CS person will tell you about in a very nice way. At that point, you comply. No penalty. No big deal.

Some posters seem to think they’ll be shot at sunrise or publicly stoned. Lighten up. Life is too short. Namaste.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After reading what you have written, am I to understand that allowing lawn ornaments under the eaves is actually a myth? Some deed restrictions do allow lawn ornaments under the eaves and some do not?

I'll never understand why the deed restrictions are not the same throughout the entire community (all of The Villages). Who actually makes up these deed restrictions?
The deed restrictors of course.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

I only know that south of 466 'under the eves' is a myth. What I don't know is why the myth exists. Maybe an extension of the looser restrictions above 466 (just a guess).

Here is why the restrictions vary among the districts. Once the restrictions are created for district, they are not changed. As each district is built, its restrictions are created and can be different than the previously built districts. Those that follow can be different still. The older districts continue to live under restrictions created for them.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The deed restrictors of course.
Of course......that makes sense.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I only know that south of 466 'under the eves' is a myth. What I don't know is why the myth exists. Maybe an extension of the looser restrictions above 466 (just a guess).

Here is why the restrictions vary among the districts. Once the restrictions are created for district, they are not changed. As each district is built, its restrictions are created and can be different than the previously built districts. Those that follow can be different still. The older districts continue to live under restrictions created for them.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for your succinct reply.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I believe it is actually quite the opposite. From a selective enforcement legal point of view, we are better off with a complaint driven system as long as all complaints are investigated and uniformly acted on. With the current system, Community Standards isn't responsible for monitoring. If they were responsible for monitoring, missed infractions could be the basis for selective enforcement legal actions.
I disagree with that but i can understand your point. But by a complaint driven the complaint is enforced but the neighbor next door can be also guilty of the exact same thing. Now we have selective enforcement.
I guess it is a loss loss for anyone that gets tattle tailed on.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I disagree with that but i can understand your point. But by a complaint driven the complaint is enforced but the neighbor next door can be also guilty of the exact same thing. Now we have selective enforcement.
Exactly. It is precisely selective enforcement, at the present time. The rules are ONLY enforced if someone complains. If no one complains, then the homeowner can do pretty much whatever they like.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:36 PM
Sage

I believe the real issue is someone making a legal claim of selective enforcement, which may mean they don't have to conform to the deed restrictions because of a lack of enforcement on similar violations. Selective enforcement has a different meaning than what you are referring to. I believe the current complaint driven system precludes this from happening (a legal claim of selective enforcement). I have seen claims of selective enforcement in a previous community and you really want to avoid this as it potentially costs money to defend. I believe The Villages made a very smart move by implementing a complaint driven system as long as all complaints are investigated and enforced uniformly so that a claim of selective enforcement cannot be made.

Quote:

Last edited by biker1; 09-15-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I believe the real issue is someone making a legal claim of selective enforcement, which may mean they don't have to conform to the deed restrictions because of a lack of enforcement on similar violations. Selective enforcement has a different meaning than what you are referring to. I believe the current complaint driven system precludes this from happening (a legal claim of selective enforcement). I have seen claims of selective enforcement in a previous community and you really want to avoid this as it potentially costs money to defend. I believe The Villages made a very smart move by implementing a complaint driven system as long as all complaints are investigated and enforced uniformly so that a claim of selective enforcement cannot be made.
you hit the Nail right on the head! earlier in the post is what i was talking about who has the deeper financial pockets.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Exactly. It is precisely selective enforcement, at the present time. The rules are ONLY enforced if someone complains. If no one complains, then the homeowner can do pretty much whatever they like.
Bingo you are correct, but than it puts neighborhood trolls and tattle tails in full gear!
Old 09-15-2019, 06:51 PM
Sage

I'm not sure the depth of the pockets has much to do with it. If someone can show that Community Standards was selectively enforcing the deed restrictions then I doubt it would be difficult, or expensive, to get a ruling that their infraction cannot be enforced. In that case, all bets are off. I know people who have gone to court over deed restrictions in another community. I believe that is why they are not in the monitoring business and have limited their responsibility to enforcement of what is reported. I have never heard of anyone legally challenging selective enforcement here, presumably because there aren't any cases of it.

Quote:
you hit the Nail right on the head! earlier in the post is what i was talking about who has the deeper financial pockets.

Last edited by biker1; 09-15-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm not sure the depth of the pockets has much to do with it. If someone can show that Community Standards was selectively enforcing the deed restrictions then I doubt it would be difficult, or expensive, to get a ruling that their infraction cannot be enforced. In that case, all bets are off. I believe that is why they are not in the monitoring business and have limited their responsibility to enforcement of what is reported.
i get what you are saying but i don't think everything aligns that way if you know what i mean. A perfect example is the white crosses.
It is a religious belief to one person and a ornament to another.
Everything in the law is gray these days. Nothing is black and white anymore.
Our debate could be a health one but at the end of the day it is still all gray if your know what i am saying.
Closed Thread

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.