50 neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As far as I know, I am in full compliance with all deed restrictions. If I am not, I want to know about it and I will fix it. In fact, if a neighbor doesn't like something I am doing, I will probably fix it anyway, even if it is in compliance. I may need a ride someday.
That's nice of you. I admit that I am not always on the straight and narrow, therefore I do not require others to be perfect in order to make my day. I do not go out of my way to make others uncomfortable, but I am not PC either...just to make others happy. If you cannot be flexible on ridiculous little superficial rules, then it seems disingenuous to be flexible on statutory laws, such as immigration violations. Just my opinion.

Like I said, I pity those that require ALL their happiness dependent on others conforming to their standards. Some folks believe in extremes, not understanding the term "moderation." Americans are supposed to be TOLERANT, but it is obvious by some comments that tolerant is not in their accepted terms. I presume that some on here would suggest that I am accessory to these rule violations if I do not rat on my neighbors' breaking of the rules.

At any rate, my intent was not to encourage breaking of the rules but to be tolerant when dealing with your neighbors. There's an old saying that goes something like "what goes around, comes around." It seems to me that some are demanding that others be INTOLERANT when they do not condone someone else's actions. Where have I heard that before?
Old 09-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Many say everyone signed to agree to the restrictions but that is not true. After give our non refundable deposit they were just handed to us and that was that.

>>Actually you did agree to the deed restrictions when you bought your house. The deed restrictions flow with the house. This is a settled legal issue.

The deed restrictions are very vague and left to interpretation.

>>Actually they are very specific and I don't see where any interpretation is required. Can you cite an example?

Every district has different restrictions, one of ours is no satellite dishes but many have them.

>>Satellite dishes are in the deed restrictions but this is one area where Federal Law overrules. You can put up a satellite dish. The deed restrictions for most of the "southern" Villages are the same. When it doubt, refer to districtgov.org.

Mine does say no “lawn” ornaments. My front yard is 100% “yard” but only 50% “lawn” or grass which is another word for lawn. This tells me I have no restrictions among the bushes and mulch.

>>You can try to make that case but if you are cited for a violation and fail to comply you will be fined. You can certainly try to fight it in court but you will lose. I have seen this before.

I agree that those turning people in have an axe to grind against someone and will keep doing it until everyone is handled.

>>Someone may have an ax to grind but if you are compliant there is nothing to file a complaint against and if a complaint is filed where no infraction exists it will be for naught.

It would be funny to flock them with pink flamingos but I feel it could be dangerous if this person was found out.

>>I prefer to spend my time playing golf.

Last edited by biker1; 09-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Many say everyone signed to agree to the restrictions but that is not true. After give our non refundable deposit they were just handed to us and that was that.

>>Actually you did agree to the deed restrictions when you bought your house. The deed restrictions flow with the house. This is a settled legal issue.

The deed restrictions are very vague and left to interpretation.

>>Actually they are very specific and I don't see where any interpretation is required. Can you cite an example?

Every district has different restrictions, one of ours is no satellite dishes but many have them.

>>Satellite dishes are in the deed restrictions but this is one area where Federal Law overrules. You can put up a satellite dish. The deed restrictions for most of the "southern" Villages are the same. When it doubt, refer to districtgov.org.

Mine does say no “lawn” ornaments. My front yard is 100% “yard” but only 50% “lawn” or grass which is another word for lawn. This tells me I have no restrictions among the bushes and mulch.

>>You can try to make that case but if you are cited for a violation and fail to comply you will be fined. You can certainly try to fight it in court but you will lose. I have seen this before.

I agree that those turning people in have an axe to grind against someone and will keep doing it until everyone is handled.

>>Someone may have an ax to grind but if you are compliant there is nothing to file a complaint against and if a complaint is filed where no infraction exists it will be for naught.

It would be funny to flock them with pink flamingos but I feel it could be dangerous if this person was found out.

>>I prefer to spend my time playing golf.

Bravo!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Fifty violators! Maybe your Village needs to be cleaned up.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That is odd. I wonder why she/he stopped at 50?

Good that Community Standards was just calling the people to see if there were actually any problems with the law ornaments. That saves a lot of gas and time.

They should be anonymous though just in case there is something do some of these complaints. Some people can be quite vindictive.
Got her quota, too bad LEOs don’t have quota on speeders, illegal roundabout maneuvers, running stops signs, and not using blinker lights.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I can find 10 violations down any street, in CYV’s can find multiple violations especially the snow bird residents, weeds 3 foot tall, dirty moldy perimeter walls, weeds in driveway section lines. Bush’s and vines out of control encroach neighbors driveways or easements. Vines/ bushes up against neighbors house ect.....

Looks like the lady is systematically going to every village in her district. Probably will expand when she runs out of villages in her district. Creepy habits are nearly impossible to break without therapy
Old 09-16-2019, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maribob01 View Post
Too bad, if this is true, it defies the "America's friendliest hometown" slogan. I should think the person who complained about others' yards would try to keep their own side of the street clean...their own yard, their own shrubs, their own home--and perhaps devote their efforts to improving the gardening in their own environs and neighborhood. That would present so much for them to do each day, that they wouldn't have time to complain about others! What a shame!
Well, one could certainly say that those who refuse to follow the deed restrictions are the unfriendly ones. They are forcing their wants on others rather than keeping their properties in compliance, as their neighbors do.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:45 PM

Why is it so hard for a lot of people to realize that the rules we agreed to are for everybody..nobody is exempt.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhntr8 View Post
Why is it so hard for a lot of people to realize that the rules we agreed to are for everybody..nobody is exempt.
Not really. Not all of The Villages has the same rules. I consider the deed restrictions to be a rule of thumb, to keep the community looking nice, NOT a cookie cutter copy of the next. I am glad that I live North of Rt466 and do not have the same egg heads making the loud noises.. I doubt I can find a home in all of the Villages that is in total compliance, and I don't care. It all looks fine to me and I don't let small things bug me. If you wish to spend up all your bonus years complaining about what everyone else is doing that makes them happy, then you do not deserve those extra years. Go back to work where you can feel good about yourself when you are bossing the little guys around. Personally, I plan to be a good neighbor and do as much for my neighbors that I can before cashing in. Sorry, but I have no respect for those that complain about other folks personal property. I have yet to see any homes here with rusted out trucks or cars up on blocks in their yards. I have looked all over the Villages and have not found one home that I would complain about. I may not choose the same colors, plants, yard ornaments or cars, but I enjoy interesting quirks and imaginative personalization.
It will take a lot before I will ever make a complaint, and then I will sign my name to it. It would take something like a home looking like Bates Motel before I think it might concern me. And before anyone insinuates that my home is probably a mess, I have had plenty of folks stop by and tell me how nice my landscaping looks to them.
But, even though I might not agree with you, I still wish you a great week and a happy stay in The Villages. Hope some of the "Friendliest" rubs off on you all.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernviewnursery@aol.com View Post
If there were that many violations in one set, I would assume it was someone from Community standards driving around. I have seen them out and about with clipboards and writing things down. Just saying.
Could it be they are following up on reported suspected violations?
Is this the kind of awareness you want for your business by posting on this topic?
Old 09-16-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I'm currently searching the classifieds, to purchase a dark red golf cart...with a white swim noodle.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm currently searching the classifieds, to purchase a dark red golf cart...with a white swim noodle.

You can just add the swim noodle. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen a white one.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:06 PM

Really? I have a problem with busybodies sticking their noses into other people’s business when it has zeeo effect on the quality of their life.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:21 PM

If this is true, it should show the powers-that-be how faulty this system of enforcement actually is!
Old 09-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
If this is true, it should show the powers-that-be how faulty this system of enforcement actually is!
I’m not certain how long this has been the system but dorm19 years that I know of...seems to be working to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.