50 neighbors

50 neighbors

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

As has been speculated, my guess is that the person doing the reporting is someone who was turned in for his/her own violation(s), got angry about the unfairness of being singled out when others were getting away with the same thing, and decided to right those wrongs.

Honestly, I can understand that impulse better than I can homeowners who are mad at and urging a vendetta against someone who's following the reporting rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to queasy27 For This Useful Post:

Old 09-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
One lived in the historic area and the other lived in district 1. I think they weren’t big into displays anyways.

I was interested in this thread because the person I bought from had dementia and left 2 small items in the front for bed; a weathervane among the bushes so small you can’t see, and a planter, then one more empty planter at the back. I thought they’d take them before closing but they just left them and I closed remotely. And someone stole a bush from the front, and a brick, they could have taken the planters....
I thought planters were exempt.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
The Following User Says Thank You to BobnBev For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Deed Restrictions
Old 09-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Platinum member

Default Deed Restrictions

I would suggest that everyone read the restrictions for each District before a blanket accusation regarding violations is discussed. I just reread mine and many of the others. Not all have the same restrictions. Mine in District 3 differ in some areas from those in District 8, just as an example. What is a violation in one area (District) is NOT a violation in another.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
The Following User Says Thank You to dillywho For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I think the original intent was neighbors who had to look at others yards everyday could turn them in anonymously. It’s morphed to any one in the Villages could turn in anyone anywhere else in the Villages even if it is 10 miles away on a cul-de-sac they visited once on the day they wandered with their clipboard.

When I moved my final furnishings from up north to here the movers set a yard ornament in my front yard among some boulders. About a month later I noticed it and went to pull it out to put it in the back yard. I was stopped by my neighbors who liked looking at it every morning when they got their paper. So I left it there. Six months later I got a call from community watch saying I needed to move it, as it was handed in on a complaint along with many others in the neighborhood. Now the ornament sits in my backyard, where I can see it from the pool. Didn’t cost me a thing, but my neighbors were very disappointed.

If the complaints were limited to those in the same Village I would find the rules would make much more sense.
Aw yes. I think. I was told. I heard.

Original intent is not known by any of us. What is known is that anyone can report a violation anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marathon Man For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I assume you mean "lawn" ornaments. To my understanding, lawn ornaments under the eaves of homes are allowed to be displayed. Lawn ornaments in any other location on the property is not allowed.

A phone call? How does that count as Community Standards checking out complaints?
About a month ago I asked that very question, and was told by Community Standards that the lawn 'under the eves' is controlled by deed restrictions. On your porch is not controlled. So you have to change your lawn ornaments to porch ornaments to come into compliance.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSunshine View Post
I agree with Gracie. If everyone was following the rules then there should be no issue. If people are not following the rules they agreed to when they bought the property then it's time time to look in the mirror and stop blaming other people for your own issues. Don't agree to the rules and then get mad at someone else because you aren't doing what you're supposed to do. To look for, make comments about, and try to attack the other person is extremely childish/toddler behavior.
And when u signed up to get a drivers license you agreed to abide by the law. Bet u speed on morse all the time
The Following User Says Thank You to Gpsma For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
And when u signed up to get a drivers license you agreed to abide by the law. Bet u speed on morse all the time
But, if you get a ticket, you blame your self, not the troll (I mean police).
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
About a month ago I asked that very question, and was told by Community Standards that the lawn 'under the eves' is controlled by deed restrictions. On your porch is not controlled. So you have to change your lawn ornaments to porch ornaments to come into compliance.
After reading what you have written, am I to understand that allowing lawn ornaments under the eaves is actually a myth? Some deed restrictions do allow lawn ornaments under the eaves and some do not?

I'll never understand why the deed restrictions are not the same throughout the entire community (all of The Villages). Who actually makes up these deed restrictions?
Old 09-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Gold member

Y’all are making such a mountain of a molehill. If you put something out and it’s reported and in violation, a very polite CS person will tell you about in a very nice way. At that point, you comply. No penalty. No big deal.

Some posters seem to think they’ll be shot at sunrise or publicly stoned. Lighten up. Life is too short. Namaste.
The Following User Says Thank You to Villageswimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 04:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After reading what you have written, am I to understand that allowing lawn ornaments under the eaves is actually a myth? Some deed restrictions do allow lawn ornaments under the eaves and some do not?

I'll never understand why the deed restrictions are not the same throughout the entire community (all of The Villages). Who actually makes up these deed restrictions?
The deed restrictors of course.

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks