50 neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Not sure if Bon Scott had the little white crosses in mind in Dirty Deeds.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Absolutely sure it was reported on our villages chatroom
Well, if it was reported in your village chat room, it must be true.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

She must be a very sad, unhappy person.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If the people had deed violations than she is doing a public service. I am skeptical about fifty people being reported. Can you copy and paste the message that said this happened? You can remove the original posters name.
I completely disagree with you Gracie this is a spiteful mean action and is not a public service, just one persons vendetta against everyone for a personal reason!
Old 09-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I can not fathom why anyone would waste their time looking for lawn violations.
I’ve been reported over 20 times for alleged weeds, if you saw how tiny the weeds were you would laugh you head off.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

CNN has infiltrated TOTV
Old 09-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Yikes, I thought the wicked witch was destroyed in "The Wizard of Oz".
Old 09-14-2019, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I completely disagree with you Gracie this is a spiteful mean action and is not a public service, just one persons vendetta against everyone for a personal reason!
If this scenario is valid. If there is a person who is driving around and reporting what she thinks are valid infringements. If she is calling in on obvious objects that are not allowed, then how do any of us know her motivation? There are those who don't like rules. They don't like being reminded of the rules by police officers and they assuredly do not want a neighbor reporting their ugly yard art.

I am skeptical such a thing is happening. Rumors are frequently repeated on this and all FORUMS and passed around as fact.

If she did this all day, every day, and there were no infringements, no broken rules, then nothing happens. The person who is in charge of the complaint(s) come out and does nothing. No one is harmed or aggravated. BUT if there is a rule broken, the homeowner gets a letter, if they ignore the letter, they get fined.

If this is what she wants to do, to me she is helping. I don't like ugly yard art. I don't like schlocky things. I don't like overdone I don't even like a lot of STUFF. I like deed restrictions. They keep the place looking nice.

If someone reported us, we would remove the offending item or change whatever rule was broken. We would be a little embarrassed, but we would immediately remedy the offensive thing. We would think it was reported because it was a rule broken. We wouldn't think a person didn't like us.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-14-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

As asked previously...then what?

Keeping in mind that these people are simply reporting 'POTENTIAL' deed violations and are not the ones making the final determination...why exactly do you want to know who they are?

As to the asinine suggestion that in these, non-criminal cases, one "has the right to confront their accuser," reread the above paragraph...of whom does the actual "accusing."

It's patently obvious, that the ONLY reason to want to identify those turning in potential violations, is to, in some way... personally harass/bully those individuals.

Deplorable.

1000% agree.

Instead of blaming the "symptom", why not address the cause? If people have deed restriction violations, then the cause is their lack of following rules which THEY AGREED TO when they bought their home.

If there were 50 reported violations in one neighborhood, how many turned out to be false? All of them? None of them? Or somewhere in between? And whether or not the violation existed for any lengthy period of time is completely irrelevant-it just means that a violator ignored the contract they signed for a period longer than someone reported sooner.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If this scenario is valid. If there is a person who is driving around and reporting what she thinks are valid infringements. If she is calling in on obvious objects that are not allowed, then how do any of us know her motivation? There are those who don't like rules. They don't like being reminded of the rules by police officers and they assuredly do not want a neighbor reporting their ugly yard art.

I am skeptical such a thing is happening. Rumors are frequently repeated on this and all FORUMS and passed around as fact.

If she did this all day, every day, and there were no infringements, no broken rules, then nothing happens. The person who is in charge of the complaint(s) come out and does nothing. No one is harmed or aggravated. BUT if there is a rule broken, the homeowner gets a letter, if they ignore the letter, they get fined.

If this is what she wants to do, to me she is helping. I don't like ugly yard art. I don't like schlocky things. I don't like overdone I don't even like a lot of STUFF. I like deed restrictions. They keep the place looking nice.

If someone reported us, we would remove the offending item or change whatever rule was broken. We would be a little embarrassed, but we would immediately remedy the offensive thing. We would think it was reported because it was a rule broken. We wouldn't think a person didn't like us.
Well said.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well according to our neighborhood chat room, 50 Tamarind Grove residents have just been turned over to community standards by a single person

This "witch" has to be stopped in her tracks and exposed

She has a personal vendetta or some other mental issue driving her.

again, look for a dark red golf cart with A white swim noodle
It's unclear what "our neighborhood chat room" is.

However, on nextdoor.com, this was posted on Sept. 11:
"Ok Buttonwood neighbors, it seems a troll has struck our neighborhood. Today I received the dreaded call from Community Standards regarding a few lawn ornaments. I was told I was number 8 out of 50 complaints they received and they would not reveal the name of the one person making the complaints. All 50 were made by the same person. I’m guessing this person has no life and probably no friends. We will find out the identity of this person so to all that got hit, remember don’t get mad, get even."

Are we to believe that 50 Tamarind Grove homes and 50 Buttonwood homes have been reported? 100 homes reported in two groups of 50? Or 50 homes in Tamarind Grove and Buttonwood combined? Or ... WHO THE HE!! CARES.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post

"Ok Buttonwood neighbors, it seems a troll has struck our neighborhood. Today I received the dreaded call from Community Standards regarding a few lawn ornaments. I was told I was number 8 out of 50 complaints they received and they would not reveal the name of the one person making the complaints. All 50 were made by the same person. I’m guessing this person has no life and probably no friends. We will find out the identity of this person so to all that got hit, remember don’t get mad, get even."

Are we to believe that 50 Tamarind Grove homes and 50 Buttonwood homes have been reported? 100 homes reported in two groups of 50? Or 50 homes in Tamarind Grove and Buttonwood combined? Or ... WHO THE HE!! CARES.
That is odd. I wonder why she/he stopped at 50?

Good that Community Standards was just calling the people to see if there were actually any problems with the law ornaments. That saves a lot of gas and time.

They should be anonymous though just in case there is something do some of these complaints. Some people can be quite vindictive.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I've been sited twice
Each time the complaint was unfounded..Contacted by community standards Via phone
My response was they should actually verify a complaint before calling and looking foolish
Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Absolutely sure it was reported on our villages chatroom
She may have made these complaints via email. If so, you can demand a copy of the email under the Florida Sunshine law. Years ago someone from a neighboring village rode through Tamarind Grove and noted violations. That person then emailed the addresses and types of violation to deed compliance. Someone else went after the email and had to be given a copy of it. It was a woman from Buttonwood.

I'm so thankful for our Tamarind Grove CYV with stone landscaping and walls. But even in our Tamarind Grove designer, we just followed the rules. Easy peasy.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post

Thank you Champion. That clears that part up at least.

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.