50 neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage

I don't believe there is anything gray about a white cross being a yard ornament and if someone was to pursue it legally I doubt they would prevail. I suspect they would have a difficult time finding legal council to take such a case. The deed restrictions are quite specific and probably written by lawyers. I guess they could be called a seasonal display but you can only keep those up for 30 days. At the end of the day, if you get cited you can either take down the white cross or be fined - that is pretty much black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
i get what you are saying but i don't think everything aligns that way if you know what i mean. A perfect example is the white crosses.
It is a religious belief to one person and a ornament to another.
Everything in the law is gray these days. Nothing is black and white anymore.
Our debate could be a health one but at the end of the day it is still all gray if your know what i am saying.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
I don't believe there is anything gray about a white cross being a yard ornament and if someone was to pursue it legally I doubt they would prevail. I suspect they would have a difficult time finding legal council to take such a case. The deed restrictions are quite specific and probably written by lawyers. I guess they could be called a seasonal display but you can only keep those up for 30 days. At the end of the day, if you get cited you can either take down the white cross or be fined - that is pretty much black and white.
again i don't agree but i do concede it would be a difficult battle and quite costly. Freedom of speech and religious beliefs are a very sharp razor, again goes to deep pockets!
Old 09-16-2019, 02:51 AM

Could you send more information?
Old 09-16-2019, 03:57 AM

When you get pulled over for speeding and the officer is writing you up, there are very likely other vehicles going by that are speeding. The officer is too busy to clock them.

Would you cry "selective enforcement" to the judge? If so, good luck.

Yours is just another example of blame-shifting.

Quote:
I disagree with that but i can understand your point. But by a complaint driven the complaint is enforced but the neighbor next door can be also guilty of the exact same thing. Now we have selective enforcement.
I guess it is a loss loss for anyone that gets tattle tailed on.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
again i don't agree but i do concede it would be a difficult battle and quite costly. Freedom of speech and religious beliefs are a very sharp razor, again goes to deep pockets!
A huge amount of people reading this Forum treasure the symbol of the cross, including me. This isn't an attack on the cross or on religious freedom. This is about deed restrictions. The little wooden crosses are allowed under the eaves of any home in The Villages. So are all other symbols of religious faith. That doesn't mean that the people who wrote the deed restrictions don't also treasure the symbol(s).

It made me so happy to gift my friend with a lovely Star of David necklace and she wore it until she died. I wear a cross myself. You will see many people with the Mezuzah on their front door showing their home was blessed. Crosses are allowed there too if someone wished to put one there.

Deed restrictions and the anonymous reporting of deed restrictions do not mean people are against religion. I so wish you understood that.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-16-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:07 AM

Sadly there are people here and elsewhere that are so vindictive and spiteful that they find comfort in upsetting others.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:08 AM
Default Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Well according to our neighborhood c hat room, 50 Tamarind Grove residents have just been turned over to community standards by a single person

This "witch" has to be stopped in her tracks and exposed

She has a personal vendetta or some other mental issue driving her.

again ,look for a dark red golf cart with A white swim noodle
you know the rules, live with them...
Old 09-16-2019, 05:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Sadly there are people here and elsewhere that are so vindictive and spiteful that they find comfort in upsetting others.
That is true.

However, that is not the reason for deed restrictions or the enforcement of them, but does relate to keeping people who report restrictions anonymous.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Well according to our neighborhood c hat room, 50 Tamarind Grove residents have just been turned over to community standards by a single person

This "witch" has to be stopped in her tracks and exposed

She has a personal vendetta or some other mental issue driving her.

again ,look for a dark red golf cart with A white swim noodle
There is also a couple on a golf cart with a clip board driving through the area. Saw a Volkswagen convertible bug staking out the villas in Kingfisher.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:44 AM

A neighbor of mine mentioned to me last week that he saw someone take a picture of our front lawn. We have 2 crosses under our front eaves, which is where they are to be. So what's the problem. Some people need to get a life!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
When you get pulled over for speeding and the officer is writing you up, there are very likely other vehicles going by that are speeding. The officer is too busy to clock them.

Would you cry "selective enforcement" to the judge? If so, good luck.

Yours is just another example of blame-shifting.
OMG apples and oranges
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prendymom View Post
A neighbor of mine mentioned to me last week that he saw someone take a picture of our front lawn. We have 2 crosses under our front eaves, which is where they are to be. So what's the problem. Some people need to get a life!
Under the eves is still controlled by the deed restrictions. Only on your porch are you allowed ornaments. That came from Community Standards directly to my ears about a month ago.

Another common story is that the deed restrictions do not apply to the back yard. They do.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Under the eves is still controlled by the deed restrictions. Only on your porch are you allowed ornaments. That came from Community Standards directly to my ears about a month ago.

Another common story is that the deed restrictions do not apply to the back yard. They do.
That is also a gray area it is to be under the foot print of the home.
The eves are under the foot print of the home.
Only one persons (attorney) interpretation of the law
Old 09-16-2019, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I cannot understand why people cannot put the crosses in their back yards, dozens of them if they so wish, or is the front yard placing of the things just to show how more 'Christian' they are to neighbors who pass by?
My personal belief is there is nothing after death but compost, but I don't stick a compost bin in the front garden to advertise the fact!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:44 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to MrsPhil

Not true ("if there is no violation, there is no letter or fine"). I have friends who were turned in for a completely fabricated violation. Rather than have someone physically check it out or call and ask about it, they were immediately sent a "cease and desist" letter! When they tried to talk to someone about it, they were told it would be a week or more before they could even tell an appropriate person that what they were accused of was completely imaginary! In other words, they were essentially told "Quit doing what someone said you are doing and we'll listen to your side of the story later." It's a crazy system and not always upfront.
Closed Thread

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.