Fenney questions

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Default Fenney questions

We are moving to Fenney in January. Curious if anyone has had a PODS container delivered to Fenney? Also, what TV service and internet is the best for Fenney.TIA
Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Welcome to Fenney! You will find various opinions on internet and TV services. Century Link, Comcast, and Spectrum are the ones I have seen. Cell phone signals are poor in Fenney, but word is that a tower in the area is in the works.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
Welcome to Fenney! You will find various opinions on internet and TV services. Century Link, Comcast, and Spectrum are the ones I have seen. Cell phone signals are poor in Fenney, but word is that a tower in the area is in the works.
Can you be any more specific? I have been trying for 4 years to get the attention of AT&T, with no apparent success, regarding their poor coverage for TV south of 466.

Thanks

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 AM

I have spoken to some of TV staff and I heard it from Verizon because I called them. They are aware of the weak signal and get many calls. Can't speak to AT&T....sorry. I also had some neighbors tell me they use "boosters" of some kind....not familiar with that, but maybe others are.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:22 AM

Yes, have had PODS delivery in Fenney....no problem
Old 12-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,417 Posts

welcome to the Fenney Family, if you are like most down here, you're gonna love it. I had a POD delivered as well as a 30 foot U-pack truck trailer, both were dropped off in my driveway. That was in July and I have seen many more PODS here since then. As far as TV, Internet, etc. We use Spectrum here in Fenney for all services including phone. Never had a problem, never lost a signal, and never had to call them. I'm knocking on wood as I type. Once you have closed or if you have already closed on your home, sign on to VILLAGE OF FENNEY RESIDENT SITE - Home to keep informed on what is happening down here, lots of information on the site regarding activities, events, amenities, socials, etc. Once registered with your address you will have access to the full roster of home owners here and you can sign up for whatever activities you are interested in.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Welcome to Fenney! I love it here. We used PODS and used a moving service to load the PODS in Texas(two 16 foot PODS). The PODS had to be delivered at different times because we have a 1 car and 1 golf cart garage(garage and a half). The driveway was not wide enough. They worked with us and PODS customer service was excellent. We also had professional movers unload on this end and they were excellent in unloading a concert grand piano.
We also have Spectrum and are happy with the service.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette.U View Post
We are moving to Fenney in January. Curious if anyone has had a PODS container delivered to Fenney? Also, what TV service and internet is the best for Fenney.TIA
so is my daughter she hooked up with Comcast and has Verizon. Now I am going to be forced, much to wife's delight to make that long trip down to Feeney, or is it up to Feeney

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-23-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
We're moving to Fenney in Jan. I called Century Link but they said the area where we're moving (Hyacinth Villas) is already at their bandwidth limit; therefore, they couldn't accept us. Seems strange, but the rep said we'd have to go to their competition for service. I then called Spectrum. They said our address was too new and therefore wasn't in their system yet, so they couldn't provide us service either. Then I called Comcast and they said they could hook us up, so that's who we're going with. I would think the situation will change with the first two companies as time goes on.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Can you be any more specific? I have been trying for 4 years to get the attention of AT&T, with no apparent success, regarding their poor coverage for TV south of 466.

Thanks

AT&T can help you connect to your existing WiFi so that you can use AT&T WiFi for phone calls. They told me that is what they use now instead of boosters. No charge.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,582 Times in 562 Posts

We had issues with sprint in pennacamp, and in some areas. When we were in Fenney we roamed but could get phone calls
Old 12-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,417 Posts

We have Sprint cell service which works fine in our home here in Fenney. Those with other carriers seem to have to be outside to get any signal at all. We also hear that there is a new tower going up on 301 just north of 468 so that will help with some of them.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Fenney questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post

Thanks

I had the same problem with att. I'm in Amelia and had zero coverage anywhere within 2 blocks of my house. I solved the problem by switching to Verizon. Full signal even in my shower!!!!! I went with Verizon prepaid. 2 lines 14 gig data (7 gig each line, not pooled). $85 + $4 tax. About 30% less than att and 3x the data and the coverage is magnitudes better. Was with att (and their previous names) for probably 35years up north. My ATT phones were unlocked new iPhones so we were able to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:47 AM

Regarding cell phone service, I have WiFi calling and I still have dropped calls. I also have a micro cell that I hooked up when I began having dropped calls. The micro cell, at least with ATT, will give you full bars.
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, service, delivered, internet, fenney.tia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.