Sage
Thanked 1,556 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Sugar Daddy's and Cougars.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Other places that are 55+ also have problems. I see in the Sunday newspaper every week 'On Top of the World' Condos in Clearwater for sale. They're very reasonable in the $75K to $150K range. I looked them up on the internet and found a message board. I started reading it, and most of the complaints were about young people living and renting and having parties and making noise and giving people a hard time, and the management doesn't do anything to enforce the housing rules.

You'll notice most of the retirement communities along Hwy 27 between Leesburg and Clermont advertise their golf courses in the newspaper. They have specials most of the time, and no mention of an age restriction. I haven't played any of those courses, but it seems a lot of local younger people are there probably on their golf course. I have very seldom played golf with younger people on our courses unless they were with their grandfather or father who lived here.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Other places that are 55+ also have problems. I see in the Sunday newspaper every week 'On Top of the World' Condos in Clearwater for sale. They're very reasonable in the $75K to $150K range. I looked them up on the internet and found a message board. I started reading it, and most of the complaints were about young people living and renting and having parties and making noise and giving people a hard time, and the management doesn't do anything to enforce the housing rules.

You'll notice most of the retirement communities along Hwy 27 between Leesburg and Clermont advertise their golf courses in the newspaper. They have specials most of the time, and no mention of an age restriction. I haven't played any of those courses, but it seems a lot of local younger people are there probably on their golf course. I have very seldom played golf with younger people on our courses unless they were with their grandfather or father who lived here.
Could you explain this?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshackovillages View Post
I understand that 2
0% can be under 55. I don't understand how residents under 19 are living here, or, who is keeping track of HUD guidelines, to know how many people are living here, and the Villages promise, to screen everyone living here.
You should read all of post #3...................
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Could you explain this?
I believe that JohnW may be referring to the two golf courses in The Plantation and the one in Arlington Ridge. There is also Mission Inn, Sanctuary Ridge, etc.

These are 55+ communities and their golf courses are public. So are the restaurants there. Ironically, these courses are played often by Villagers I'm told when the courses in The Villages get too busy.

My son who works with me plays golf around here often on the public courses. He of course is well under 55, has a 7 handicap and lives in a smaller non 55+community a mile south of me nestled in between two other 55+ communities.

They have a teenage daughter, so of course they cannot live in a 55+ community. In a few years she will be over 18 years old and at that time if they so choose, they could buy and live in any 55+ community around here.

When I first moved down here I bought a home in a 55+ community. I was 48 years old. No one even asked our ages. I was told that 20% could own and live in the community as long as we did not have any kids living there less than 19. We did not.

A 20 year old person could buy a home in a 55+ community, and as long as they did not have anyone less than 19 living in the home it would be perfectly legal.

Frank
Old 12-15-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Where did you find the police records of arrests of Village residents?
You don't. The Sun posts who was arrested, listing where every one arrested lives.
or example "Joe Smith, residing in The Villages, was arrested for shoplifting at Belk's".
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

You might want to look at what TVLSI has been doing. many properties are purchased by investors and they can rent them out to whom they choose. Secondly there are homes purchased by people under 55. we have three neighbors who fit that age range.

Many of the villa's over in fenney were purchased strictly as investment properties. I was told that TVLSI has plans for townhouses multi-family dwellings and condo's ??????????

You have read on these pages and in the other online publications residents who have lamented that the 3rd generation is destroying the original villages's lifestyle concept.

This may be true because what marketing people told buyers in 1999 ...2000....2006....2008....has evolved as TV continued its build out.

Instead of having meaningful, relevant and logical dialogue concerning the preservation of the TV lifestyle some posters defaulted to their defense of TV and TVLSI. This has always been non-productive. so here we are

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-15-2017, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I understand that 2
0% can be under 55. I don't understand how residents under 19 are living here, or, who is keeping track of HUD guidelines, to know how many people are living here, and the Villages promise, to screen everyone living here.
Please read post #3.
There IS NOT A SET percentage that can or cannot LIVE here.
Post #3 sums it up quite well.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
You might want to look at what TVLSI has been doing. many properties are purchased by investors and they can rent them out to whom they choose. Secondly there are homes purchased by people under 55. we have three neighbors who fit that age range.

Many of the villa's over in fenney were purchased strictly as investment properties. I was told that TVLSI has plans for townhouses multi-family dwellings and condo's ??????????

You have read on these pages and in the other online publications residents who have lamented that the 3rd generation is destroying the original villages's lifestyle concept.

This may be true because what marketing people told buyers in 1999 ...2000....2006....2008....has evolved as TV continued its build out.

Instead of having meaningful, relevant and logical dialogue concerning the preservation of the TV lifestyle some posters defaulted to their defense of TV and TVLSI. This has always been non-productive. so here we are

Personal Best Regards:
Just because you have a lot of "youngsters" living near you doesn't mean that anything has changed or that the "third generation is destroying the original Villages Lifestyle". It probably means that folks near you exited stage right and are playing bridge with St. Peter and new folks have moved in. WHY in the world would anyone destroy a business plan that works so well?

Please read this;

What Is the 80/20 Rule in Active Adult Communities?
Old 12-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I understand that 2
My guess is that when folks go to Admin Hdqtrs to get their IDs the info for HUD re age is obtained from those applications.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Just a question. I have seen over the last 3 months, police records from all 3 counties, of arrests of Village residents. How is it that, of the 60 or so people arrested, all but a few were under 55, and, some under 19. How could all these underage people be living in the Villages. The police reports say "resident of the Villages", not visitor.
Here we go again. The "rule" is that 80% of the homes must be occupied by at least one person under that age of 55.

That leaves a lot of room for people under age 55 to live here.

It's also illegal for anyone under the age of 19 to live here so that question is a bit more puzzling.

We do have three or four "family" villages that have no age restrictions. I'm guessing that the people who live in those might also be considered Villages residents.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Here we go again. The "rule" is that 80% of the homes must be occupied by at least one person under that age of 55.

That leaves a lot of room for people under age 55 to live here.
Sure does leave a lot of room.............80% under. Never heard that one before.

But again, I'm not a dentist.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Sure does leave a lot of room.............80% under. Never heard that one before.

But again, I'm not a dentist.
Freudian slip?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Freudian slip?
Always one foot on a banana peel.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I understand that 2
Where did this 'screening process' come from ? Never heard that one before. Only way someone under 19 is living here "legally" is if they have special needs.

Tags
people, villages, police, underage, resident

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.