Speeders

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Exclamation Speeders

When is the local law enforcement going to crack down on aggressive drivers? Speeding, running red lights, and tailgating are becoming common practice in the Villages.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRogers View Post
When is the local law enforcement going to crack down on aggressive drivers? Speeding, running red lights, and tailgating are becoming common practice in the Villages.
what is a rhetorical question? - Bing
Old 12-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you have a problem in your area, I suggest calling the proper law enforcement for your area. I see the Sumter County Sheriff’s cars on El Camino and Buena Vista all the time. They cannot be everywhere at the same time.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
" There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by reading. The few that learn by observing. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves"

Will Rogers

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-19-2017, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,813 Times in 2,382 Posts

Well, when you build Blvd. and chop the speed limit to accommodate golf carts and LSV you get SPEEDERS. 35 in most parts is at least 5 miles per hour or 10 miles per hour too slow. Now for habitual speeder and traffic regulation breaker, THERE NOT GOING TO CHANGE! They were aggressive drivers where they came from and retiring in the villages is not going to make them turn into angels. Until Hidden radar in place and can be moved around every couple days NOTHING going to change. Sure LEOs will catch few, but the never hardly ever catch the Habitual breaker. Even LEOs don't drive 35 down BV or MB. when not in pursuit. The some don't use there Brinker lights or come to complete stop at stop signs. But, They are there to enforce the regulations not abide by them.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Indeed every time this issue of speeders, et al comes up I reference the fact that acceleration of the growth in this area negates speed limits etc as they stand today

when Feeney connects and it has plans for tunnels for both carts and cars it will expand this community more

the 20mph for carts is reasonable provided a driver can maintain 20mph on a MMP but I'll bet they actually average 16mph or less.

So those who bump up their carts speed up help because they can safely and efficiently pass a cart going 16mph and slower preventing bottlenecks Again a safe pass and a return to the allowable limit. And again given the traffic of carts, bikes walkers the average speed drops to about 16mph.

Same on 466 /466A Its agonizing to have some driver remain steadfast in the left lane going 40mph less and it happens often
Old 12-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,325 Posts

zoom, zoom, zoom
Old 12-19-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Common practice in The Villages, what makes this area exempt? It's an every day occurrence and people bring their bad habits with them...even to The Villages.
Driver of car shot in road rage incident: "It makes no sense" | WHAM
Old 12-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

It is all relative.
The extra 5+ mph whether in a car or golf cart mean nothing at the end of a 15 minute commute.

There is no doubt the enforcement of the moving violation laws has all but disappeared from BV from 466 to 466A.
The speeds are well above 40+ mph...stop signs mean absolutely nothing to far too many...right of ways are taken and not given...The friendliest home town caption needs a parenthetic claim (except when behind the wheel).

Add a special division to the law enforcements to do nothing but enforce traffic violations....the fines alone will more than pay for their work.
Let TV become one of those places with a reputation for speed traps.....don't we all know where they are? And funny....don't we all slow right down when we get there.

In TV drive defensively...do not doubt if the other driver will pull out or speed up or not use their signals because they will and they don't.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage

In the villages, IMHO, the real danger is not the speeders but the people who are driving under the influence

And, again,IMHO--there is no difference from a person driving with dementia and a person driving under the influence--both have to business being on the road
Old 12-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Indeed every time this issue of speeders, et al comes up I reference the fact that acceleration of the growth in this area negates speed limits etc as they stand today

when Feeney connects and it has plans for tunnels for both carts and cars it will expand this community more

the 20mph for carts is reasonable provided a driver can maintain 20mph on a MMP but I'll bet they actually average 16mph or less.

So those who bump up their carts speed up help because they can safely and efficiently pass a cart going 16mph and slower preventing bottlenecks Again a safe pass and a return to the allowable limit. And again given the traffic of carts, bikes walkers the average speed drops to about 16mph.

Same on 466 /466A Its agonizing to have some driver remain steadfast in the left lane going 40mph less and it happens often
Well said. I always chuckle as I'm behind some left lane laggard on 466 in a 45mph zone and they are sitting on 30. I just KNOW these people go home and complain on TOTV about speeders.
If they haven't done harm to you, mind your own business and get out of the left lane!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon;1492252[COLOR="Magenta"
]Indeed every time this issue of speeders, et al comes up I reference the fact that acceleration of the growth in this area negates speed limits etc as they stand today

when Feeney connects and [/COLOR]it has plans for tunnels for both carts and cars it will expand this community more

And I remind you that the growth in this area will continue whether the builder we all have built with or a bunch of new untried builders build....Florida is now the third most populous state. More than New York.
List of U.S. states and territories by population - Wikipedia
Old 12-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

"Speeding, running red lights, and tailgating are becoming common practice in the Villages" and nowhere else? Seems to me that local law enforcement has lots of area and lots of infractions to respond to. As was said - they can't be everywhere!

Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

I love these speeder threads. Nobody ever admits that they are speeders themselves and instead complain about laggards in the left lane, drunk people, old people etc etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
tailgating, lights, red, running, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.