Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   60,000 homes planned south of 470 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/60-000-homes-planned-south-470-a-301039/)

coffeebean 12-28-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1704080)
The bond is an opportunity? As i see it, the real opportunity involving the bond is to do what we did. We took advantage of an opportunity to buy a pre-owned home with a bond balance of zero : )

But....if you purchase a home with the bond paid off, wouldn't that be reflected in the asking price of the home and also be reflected in the purchase price?

vintageogauge 12-28-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1705519)
But....if you purchase a home with the bond paid off, wouldn't that be reflected in the asking price of the home and also be reflected in the purchase price?

There are those that will say it does not but I believe that it does increase the purchase price and therefore the taxes will be higher based on the new selling price of the unit.

coffeebean 12-28-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrendaHB (Post 1704159)
Hey, maybe they'll eventually put in a light rail that runs all the way from Spanish Springs to the airport(s)! I can dream...

Already it's WAY too far to go by golf car from the southern to northern end or vice versa, even if all the bridges and tunnels were in place. A lot of Villagers would rather not have to drive their cars, so a good little light rail system would actually make a LOT of sense here. :)

Then what do you do for transportation once you get to your destination on the light rail?

coffeebean 12-28-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aw Man (Post 1704195)
I’ve been here 5 years now and I love The Villages, but this is still something I just don’t understand. Why, oh why, unless you’re going to and from a golf course, would anyone prefer to drive around The Villages in a golf cart rather than in their comfortable, climate controllable car?

Driving a golf cart is part of the lifestyle that folks buy in to. I personally do not drive our cart in the middle of the day during the summer. I would much prefer to drive our comfort controlled car. I do, however, love to drive the open air cart in the morning during the hot summer months. It is absolutely beautiful, even in the middle of summer. Driving the cart seems to be so much closer to nature and you can enjoy and appreciate the beauty around you much more than driving in the car. But.....that's just me.

coffeebean 12-28-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1704199)
Really?

A couple miles to a square. A short ride to a sunset watching spot. A quick drive to a rec center to play billiards. Those times...among many other reasons...scream for a fun golf cart ride. :)

Agree.....driving the cart to the pool. PERFECT!!!

Two Bills 12-28-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1705230)
I can't hear the tick tock of my grandfather clock, crickets, frogs and birds anymore either because I am gradually losing my hearing. One of these days I really need to get a hearing aid!

On the upside the frogs during mating season used to keep me awake at night.

I have a state of the art hearing aid, and I can hear a mosquito pass wind from 200 yards away.
Unfortunately, all that wind passing, still drowns out a lot of human speech!

coffeebean 12-28-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1704318)
Easy answer, no Championship golf south of 44

Really? I didn't realize that. Is this why The Villages is not being marketed as a golf community south of 44? I've read the people are saying south of 44 is more for nature walks and such but not so much for golf. Now I understand.

Two Bills 12-28-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1705539)
Really? I didn't realize that. Is this why The Villages is not being marketed as a golf community south of 44? I've read the people are saying south of 44 is more for nature walks and such but not so much for golf. Now I understand.

Nature walks once installed need very little maitainance.
Golf courses do!

coffeebean 12-28-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwne (Post 1704698)
We bought south of 44 BECAUSE there were so many homes planned for further south - in a few years we will be in the middle. On the south east corner of Warm Springs and TP, there is a medical facility planned. South of that, a new championship golf course. All this per a new Villages map shown to me last Sunday by a Villages agent holding an open house. Fingers crossed but good things are coming!

So.....there WILL be championship golf south of 44. Thanks for clarifying this.

Bogie Shooter 12-28-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1705546)
So.....there WILL be championship golf south of 44. Thanks for clarifying this.

This has been stated many,many times on this site......

CFrance 12-28-2019 08:53 PM

I hope there will be more than one championship course for 60,000 homes.

asianthree 12-29-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1705566)
I hope there will be more than one championship course for 60,000 homes.

With so many complaints on the cost to play Championships, When this course is finished, I bet you can get a tee time just as easy as you can on any other championship course.
Our priority group plays 4 days a week, there are unbelievable amounts of tee times, ten years ago it was a different story.

Heytubes 12-29-2019 08:42 AM

Think about short term rental so you can take your time looking. Better to invest a bit of $$$ for a rental than buying and then finding out you could have found a better location or deal. You’re gunna love it here. Welcome.

JoMar 12-29-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1705532)
Then what do you do for transportation once you get to your destination on the light rail?

I suspect The Villages Golf Stores will rent you one for a nominal fee :)