Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Finish the statement...... "and they all stink!"
“except for your own”. Now it’s finished 😎
Old 12-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
I started this because I thought it was amazing how far in advance the developer is thinking in terms of homes to already have plans for 60,000 new homes south of 470. But then it turned into the north vs south civil war, which is a shame.

On the lack of golf courses south of 44, I am a golfer that plays twice a week on championship courses and maybe once a week on Executive down south. It is not an problem for me to drive 30 minutes or less and get a free cart and play up north. I am 60 now so as I get older, hopefully a lot older, I may not want to drive. When this happens I suspect there will be at least a few championship courses down here and probably more executive courses if I want to dial back to just executives. Again, I am talking 15 years or more from now. I will also say there are very few golfers on my street and that really surprised me as I began to form my golf group down here.

Right now the amenities they have south of 44 are perfect for me. Connectivity, I really don’t care. More trails to ride my bike on, fantastic. Shopping, I have Amazon Prime for anything I want to buy and I don’t have to drive to a store. Groceries, a Publix 10 minutes away and WalMart in Leesburg less than 30 minutes away. Again, for me and my wife, these are no big deal and with the homes that are planned, the shopping will come.

Bottom line, we did our research, knew the bond amount and taxes, knew it was not connected and no guarantee of a date to complete, but love our lot and home down here in the frontier. We look forward to more people joining us as they build like crazy.
Refreshing to have a post from someone who actually lives south of 44.
So unlike those who don't and can only bash what they hear and not what they experience.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It might require a bigger gas tank on golf carts to be able to go all the way from the southern Villages to the Northern villages, play 18 holes, and return home. Notice I had to say go from the south to the north and not vice versa, because north is where the Championship Golf is located.
Yea, just about! But for sure an electric cart would be running awfully slow by the time you get home if you lived far south of TV. When the 60,000 homes get completed. You better get a gas cart.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Yea, just about! But for sure an electric cart would be running awfully slow by the time you get home if you lived far south of TV. When the 60,000 homes get completed. You better get a gas cart.
Not "for sure" but probably "for many."
Old 12-25-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
I started this because I thought it was amazing how far in advance the developer is thinking in terms of homes to already have plans for 60,000 new homes south of 470. But then it turned into the north vs south civil war, which is a shame.

On the lack of golf courses south of 44, I am a golfer that plays twice a week on championship courses and maybe once a week on Executive down south. It is not an problem for me to drive 30 minutes or less and get a free cart and play up north. I am 60 now so as I get older, hopefully a lot older, I may not want to drive. When this happens I suspect there will be at least a few championship courses down here and probably more executive courses if I want to dial back to just executives. Again, I am talking 15 years or more from now. I will also say there are very few golfers on my street and that really surprised me as I began to form my golf group down here.

Right now the amenities they have south of 44 are perfect for me. Connectivity, I really don’t care. More trails to ride my bike on, fantastic. Shopping, I have Amazon Prime for anything I want to buy and I don’t have to drive to a store. Groceries, a Publix 10 minutes away and WalMart in Leesburg less than 30 minutes away. Again, for me and my wife, these are no big deal and with the homes that are planned, the shopping will come.

Bottom line, we did our research, knew the bond amount and taxes, knew it was not connected and no guarantee of a date to complete, but love our lot and home down here in the frontier. We look forward to more people joining us as they build like crazy.
We bought south of 44 BECAUSE there were so many homes planned for further south - in a few years we will be in the middle. On the south east corner of Warm Springs and TP, there is a medical facility planned. South of that, a new championship golf course. All this per a new Villages map shown to me last Sunday by a Villages agent holding an open house. Fingers crossed but good things are coming!
Old 12-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Not "for sure" but probably "for many."
I agree, once TV gets that far south I doubt many will venture over 44. Similar to those in Spanish Springs venturing below 466A in large numbers. I also don't believe those moving in the years to come are as passionate about golf as us old folks are.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Gold member

No big deal, 250000 seniors just in TV driving to the north end on Morse to get to anything
Old 12-26-2019, 06:08 PM
Veteran member

TV has property almost to Center Hill.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Gold member

I recently got on the Turnpike south from Wildwood and noticed that the new construction of homes starts right there at the entrance ramp, and continues for the next 5.1 miles to the Okahumpa service area. The houses closest to the highway get a pretty good view of the service area. Also noticed a lot of clear cutting of property on the opposite side of the Turnpike, which probably The Villages too, but I'm not sure. No conclusion from this, positive or negative, only that this is a lot of houses, stacked right on top of each other, for miles and miles.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

There is noise all over the Villages. I had a rental Villa that backed up to 466a. Road noise was so bad some times of the day you couldn't talk on the phone when on the Lanai. Pickup trucks with no muffler are everywhere. Didn't care since I didn't spend much time there.

Once you got a street or two away, the road noise was not so bad. The homes on the fringe catch the worst of it.

Encourage people spend some time early morning and after dark walking the site before purchasing any home/lot.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

There are evidently a lot of people that the noise doesn't bother, there are a lot of homes over there right on the Turnpike that have been sold and are occupied. I would rather hear wildlife myself so would not buy near a main road or highway. We had our Lanai enclosed with double pane sliders and can't even hear the birds anymore so maybe that is what these buyers will be doing to quiet it down.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:31 PM

""We had our Lanai enclosed with double pane sliders and can't even hear the birds anymore""

How sad!
Old 12-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
""We had our Lanai enclosed with double pane sliders and can't even hear the birds anymore""

How sad!
I can't hear the tick tock of my grandfather clock, crickets, frogs and birds anymore either because I am gradually losing my hearing. One of these days I really need to get a hearing aid!

On the upside the frogs during mating season used to keep me awake at night.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post

How sad!
Not sad, they're sliders and they do in fact open.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaHB View Post
One advantage to buying down south that no one has mentioned yet: nearly all of your neighbors will be fairly new as well, which I think makes it much easier to make friends and get plugged into a social circle. Sort of like going off to college (without the studying, LOL). That aspect appealed to me a lot, since I've never found it easy to make friends. It's especially hard when you move to an area where everyone there already has their social circles long-established.
We were lucky.....very lucky. We moved into a pre-owned home in a very established neighborhood. We were welcomed with open arms and have made many friends from our neighborhood. Having said that, there are so many more ways to meet people here in The Villages. There are clubs and activities which will afford you so many ways to meet new people. You just have to get out there.

Tags
60, 000, south, homes, southern, oaks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.