mail

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Default mail

We will be renting a home in The Villages for the month of January. We need to receive important mail once or twice during our stay. Can anyone tell us how this should be done?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: mail

You can have your mail temporarily forwarded to you away home. But ALL mail will be forwarded ALL the time. You can instruct the post office with regard to a starting and ending date. You must work through the local Post Office of your permanent home location to do this....simply fill out a form and submit it. I also think this can be accomplished online...but I'd feel more confident doing it in person.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-01-2007, 09:23 PM

If you are renting from a private individual, ask is they will allow you to use their mailbox at TV. Last Feb. we rented from TV; they recommended we get a PO box at one of the UPS stores or other locations that rent boxes. Enjoy your stay.

Pat
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know it would be an extra cost, but I'd have the mail forwarded via UPS or FedEx directly to the house you are staying at if it is only for one or two pieces. I know I wouldn't be willing to give over my mailbox key to a temporary renter and it just doesn't seem worth the hassle to do a change of address for a month for a PO box down here.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-02-2007, 01:50 AM

Have it delivered to General Delivery at the Oxford P.O. Its only about a mile from the Villages on 466
Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 AM
Veteran member

Back when we spent only 4 or 5 Months a year in TV, our hometown PO in Connecticut had a "Snowbird" program. We would setup the account and all our mail was accumulated, packaged up and sent to us once a week. We would initiate the account with $100.00 and when the account went below $20.00 they would include a note in the weekly package to call and add more $ to the account via credit card. It worked great. We always received out mail weekly without fail.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.