Access To Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Default Access To Spanish Springs

I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?
Old 11-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkin558@aol.com View Post
I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?
At the next Villages Community District meeting in your district, bring that question up. What district are you in, I'm not familiar with the Village of Spruce Creek.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
At the next Villages Community District meeting in your district, bring that question up. What district are you in, I'm not familiar with the Village of Spruce Creek.
Spruce Creek is not part of TV. OP is talking about the back gate on the Historic side. As to the OP's question...I don't know
Old 11-21-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Over the last decade and more, more than twenty people have died from golf cart accidents in The Villages, and dozens more were seriously injured. Who ever is in charge of keeping golf carts out from other communities has my support. I would have to guess that almost all of the households have at least one golf cart, many have two. We are hovering now at 140,000 residents. That is lots and lots of golf carts with the potential for many accidents.

I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Over the last decade and more, more than twenty people have died from golf cart accidents in The Villages, and dozens more were seriously injured. Who ever is in charge of keeping golf carts out from other communities has my support. I would have to guess that almost all of the households have at least one golf cart, many have two. We are hovering now at 140,000 residents. That is lots and lots of golf carts with the potential for many accidents.

I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.
We seem to be one of the few Villagers without a golf cart. Do not play golf and many of the places we normally go are not golf cart accessible.

Why would someone who does not live in the villages and not pay fees for our entertainment expect easy access?
Old 11-21-2020, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We seem to be one of the few Villagers without a golf cart. Do not play golf and many of the places we normally go are not golf cart accessible.

Why would someone who does not live in the villages and not pay fees for our entertainment expect easy access?
The Town Squares are open to the public. You don't have to be a Villager to enjoy that entertainment. It's free to everyone.

The fact that she wants golf cart access is a whole different issue. If you want golf cart access to The Villages, buy IN The Villages.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-21-2020, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Anyone can come to the Villages via automobile regardless of where they live, the roads are public. However, the multi modal paths, which golf carts travel on, are not public paths and are there for the use of people residing within the Villages. You can get around this by getting a street legal golf cart and using the public roads to get into the Villages.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
...I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.
There's your answer.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Probably want priority tee times, and use all facilities next, seeing as they can get to them all by car!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:06 AM

The same reasons golf carts can't enter from outside communities apply to Spruce Creek and Stonecrest. Both of those communities do not allow outside golf carts to enter, although they allow cars to enter to use the facilities. TV golf multi-modal paths are private pathways maintained by residents amenity fees. TV streets are public right of ways.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Seriously? Do you believe we should care...
Old 11-22-2020, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Spruce Creek is not part of TV. OP is talking about the back gate on the Historic side. As to the OP's question...I don't know
Where is this back gate? Can I drive my cart to/from Spruce Creek if I have TV gate card?
Old 11-22-2020, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Seriously? Do you believe we should care...
Why so mean........

Quote:
Can resident's of The Villages use the fitness center or pools, etc, at Soruce Creek??? No!! We pay for our amenities. You pay for yours. There is no reason non-Vilkagera sgoukd used our golf cart paths. You already get to enjoy free music at 3 town squares, lots of shops and restaurants within The Villages, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Where is this back gate? Can I drive my cart to/from Spruce Creek if I have TV gate card?
Yes
Closed Thread

Tags
drive, access, card, key, explain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.