Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Access To Spanish Springs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/access-spanish-springs-313308/)

Worldseries27 11-22-2020 06:19 AM

Richie rich

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilkin558@aol.com (Post 1863944)
i live in spruce creek south and i am able to drive my car everywhere in the villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because i would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?

and you are entitled
why???

Eg_cruz 11-22-2020 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1863947)
At the next Villages Community District meeting in your district, bring that question up. What district are you in, I'm not familiar with the Village of Spruce Creek. :1rotfl:

Why so rude..........only one person gave a reasonable reply and no it wasn’t you

Scott O 11-22-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net (Post 1864004)
Why so mean........

Nothing to do with mean...I believe it’s logic..you don’t live in the Villages you don’t get golfcart access...pretty simple concept...

Raton270 11-22-2020 06:39 AM

Spruce Creek is not in the villages

kidnerkim 11-22-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?

You have to live in The Villages. You chose Spruce Creek.

mrf6969 11-22-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fused Glass (Post 1864007)
Yes

If you live in TV why in the world would you want to golf cart to Spruce Creek South???

Sjshanl 11-22-2020 07:07 AM

You don’t need a key card. Just hit the red button on the panel.

Rosebud1949 11-22-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?

May be as you are NOT a Village Resident. is the reason why you do NOT have a key card, and should not have one. We residents pay a great deal of money each month for our facilities. When you pay $150 for them you can have a key card. Why else would you need one unless you are using them. Those of us on limited budgets do get annoyed with these comments, and snowbirds saying they are the ones that subsidize us.... they pay $50 for up to six months use. Time for a change I think.

Sjshanl 11-22-2020 07:15 AM

As far as I know, just like your car, if you can get your cart to TV you can drive it there.

Chloe Girl 11-22-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 (Post 1864040)
May be as you are NOT a Village Resident. is the reason why you do NOT have a key card, and should not have one. We residents pay a great deal of money each month for our facilities. When you pay $150 for them you can have a key card. Why else would you need one unless you are using them. Those of us on limited budgets do get annoyed with these comments, and snowbirds saying they are the ones that subsidize us.... they pay $50 for up to six months use. Time for a change I think.

Snowbirds pay for the amenities every month just like the rest of us. It's their choice to be here only part of the year and they shouldn't complain or feel that they subsidize anyone if they have to pay for the months that they aren't here. I'm sure when they bought at TV, they were told this.

Two Bills 11-22-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 (Post 1864040)

Actually the $50 is paid as an administration fee to TV for issuing a temporary resident pass.
Same as you pay, the full Amenity fee is paid by the landlord, who passes on the use of the resident pass to the renter. The landlord loses his right to use facilities during the rental period.
No one gets anything for nothing, so there is another worry of your mind!

Bay Kid 11-22-2020 07:20 AM

Wanting something for nothing.

Rwirish 11-22-2020 07:21 AM

If you want golf cart access live in TV.

linurban 11-22-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjshanl (Post 1864039)
You don’t need a key card. Just hit the red button on the panel.

No red button or speaker on that gate, you must have gate pass

airdale2 11-22-2020 07:27 AM

Street legal golf carts can only use streets which are 35 MPH or less. State Law