Accident @ 11:00 in front of Pimlico Rec Center.

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Taltarzac
Default Accident @ 11:00 in front of Pimlico Rec Center.

I took a detour away from the Pimlico Rec Center while trying to get to the Southern Trace Shopping Center from the Village of Lynnhaven. This was to avoid what looked like a serious accident on Belvedere Blvd. right in front of the Pimlico Rec Center.

This was about 12:15 p.m. today. A family member said she had heard a bunch of sirens around 11:00 a.m. today. Not sure if they connect with this accident or not?

There seemed to be a golf cart abandoned near Pimlico Rec Center when I returned from my shopping to Publix. This was around 1:00 p.m. They had lifted the detour by then.

Earlier, a yellow pick up had been on the road. This was just behind a cop car which had driven across the road to block cars from going north on Belvedere. This was at the time I drove towards Southern Trace at 12:15 but then had to turn around and take another route to Southern Trace.

I assume the pick up hit the golf cart but that is just an assumption.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
I took a detour away from the Pimlico Rec Center while trying to get to the Southern Trace Shopping Center from the Village of Lynnhaven. This was to avoid what looked like a serious accident on Belvedere Blvd. right in front of the Pimlico Rec Center.

This was about 12:15 p.m. today. A family member said she had heard a bunch of sirens around 11:00 a.m. today. Not sure if they connect with this accident or not?

There seemed to be a golf cart abandoned near Pimlico Rec Center when I returned from my shopping to Publix. This was around 1:00 p.m. They had lifted the detour by then.

Earlier, a yellow pick up had been on the road. This was just behind a cop car which had driven across the road to block cars from going north on Belvedere. This was at the time I drove towards Southern Trace at 12:15 but then had to turn around and take another route to Southern Trace.

I assume the pick up hit the golf cart but that is just an assumption.
I went by there a bit earlier - maybe about 10:30 - after taking Finley to one of his favorite places.

k
Old 04-16-2011, 03:27 PM

I went by right after the accident of some sort, saw a man lying in the road that was being attended too by medics. Looked like some parts of either a car or the cart nearby. Never saw any vechile up the road if it was hit by one so maybe they could have left the scene possibly.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage

From the Sumter County Incident Page.....

Incidents Sponsored by Incident Page Network
Incident Description
TRAUMA ALERT
04/16/11 10:47 (THE VILLAGES - 800 TRS PS 2) ENGINE COMPANY 51 ON SCENE FALL PT WITH HEAD INJURY REQUEST AIR SUPPORT AIRCARE RESPONDING [FLA074]

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=375

Not sure if this is what happened.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Default all is NOT well

looking at that link,,, look to bottom of the log,, showing at TV a chemical suicide,, and possible check a 2nd person ,,, just to show it is not all camlot in everyones life,,, so sad,,,
Old 04-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield illinois View Post
looking at that link,,, look to bottom of the log,, showing at TV a chemical suicide,, and possible check a 2nd person ,,, just to show it is not all camlot in everyones life,,, so sad,,,
Please tell us that are away what the paper said. I am trying to understand what your post must mean about a chemical suicide.

It sounds like someone took medication to commit suicide.

Thinking sad thoughts.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Taltarzac
Default Today's Daily Sun has something in the Local section.

A reporter from The Daily Sun wrote a short blurb about the accident saying that it involved minor injuries when a car hit a golf cart. The injured party was taken to the Villages Regional Hospital.

It also mentioned that the cause of the accident was unknown at this time.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please tell us that are away what the paper said. I am trying to understand what your post must mean about a chemical suicide.

It sounds like someone took medication to commit suicide.

Thinking sad thoughts.
Gracie,

No - not medication. If you follow the link, it indicates that a second person was "exposed" to the same chemical. I would guess that this was using gas (from the oven) or carbon monoxide.

Don't know if it was covered in the Sun - would tend to doubt it.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Default hydrogen sulfide

Suicide in Japan is more common than in the US. The latest fade is to create this poisonous gas that is very toxic and extremely flammable from household items like laundry detergent and cleaning supplies. All EMT, fire departments, and other emergency personnel have been informed to watch out for this so haz mat squads are called due to the high level of danger involved.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
From the Sumter County Incident Page.....

Incidents Sponsored by Incident Page Network
Incident Description
TRAUMA ALERT
04/16/11 10:47 (THE VILLAGES - 800 TRS PS 2) ENGINE COMPANY 51 ON SCENE FALL PT WITH HEAD INJURY REQUEST AIR SUPPORT AIRCARE RESPONDING [FLA074]

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=375

Not sure if this is what happened.

I believe this incident is separate from the accident. The Villages Fire Dept has certain areas around TV as set landing zones for helicopter medivacs and Engine 51 is housed on Bonita Blvd. The above medivac landed next to the Colony Rec Center which is commonly used for the southern area of TV and is visible from our house. I think the paper today said the patient went to a local hospital.

I also happened to drive by the accident as the wrecker was loading the golf cart to be towed away. Did not see much damage but what caught my attention was the orange markings painted in the road by the police which I believe is where golf cart ended up and was close to the yellow lines.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroll View Post
Suicide in Japan is more common than in the US. The latest fade is to create this poisonous gas that is very toxic and extremely flammable from household items like laundry detergent and cleaning supplies. All EMT, fire departments, and other emergency personnel have been informed to watch out for this so haz mat squads are called due to the high level of danger involved.
Latest trend in Japan or in the US? Without providing a quote, it is hard to follow the thread...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Default clarrification

Started in Japan and spread to US in last couple of years. It has been more prevalent in teenage suicides here from information obtained on the internet. Very sad topic.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:10 AM

I am on a fire company back in PA. and we have had one of these suicides. The mix makes a hydrogen sulfide gas which is toxic when inhaled. So far ones in the US have had notes stating haz mat or danger on windows to alert the first responders to the danger. It destroys the lungs and you basically suffocate. Takes a long time to handel this emergency and very sad.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&TJ View Post
I am on a fire company back in PA. and we have had one of these suicides. The mix makes a hydrogen sulfide gas which is toxic when inhaled. So far ones in the US have had notes stating haz mat or danger on windows to alert the first responders to the danger. It destroys the lungs and you basically suffocate. Takes a long time to handel this emergency and very sad.
It is sad indeed when someone know longer wants to live. I see my dear neighbors battling her very long battle with Alzheimers and can see why people lose their will to continue. We can never understand anothers reasons and only wish somehow that we could have made it better.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Getting back to the original post....the police have stepped up their presence on Belvedere. Earlier today there was a motorcycle cop and a patrol car checking speed. The motorcycle cop had a cart pulled over.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.