Accident

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Snow Birds have nothing to do with it some people just do not have any patients,In a rush to punch that time clock, oh I forgot we are all retired so what the hell is the RUSH>
Old 02-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorhome View Post
Snow Birds have nothing to do with it some people just do not have any patients,In a rush to punch that time clock, oh I forgot we are all retired so what the hell is the RUSH>
Some still live and act like they're still punching the clock, for what, I don't know!
Old 02-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Veteran member

Between tee times, class times, appointments, show times and timed activities I find I am more attached to a clock than when I was working. I’m wondering who the folks are that don’t have to be anywhere at a certain time.

I do make sure I leave plenty early. But sometimes I just don’t plan for following someone for miles at 15mph.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Between tee times, class times, appointments, show times and timed activities I find I am more attached to a clock than when I was working. I’m wondering who the folks are that don’t have to be anywhere at a certain time.

I do make sure I leave plenty early. But sometimes I just don’t plan for following someone for miles at 15mph.
I'm one of those who don't have to be anywhere at a certain time but yeah there are those that go 15 or slower so ya have to go around them at a safe point. I spent my working life having to live by a clock. Since coming here I've decided that's over. I'll do as much as I want when I want.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Gold member

There are a lot of bad drivers here, some in a hurry, some arrogant, some unskilled. That's a fact. You can't blame the snowbirds, but you have to recognize that the significant increase in seasonal population will result in more accidents. It's simply logical.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post

Same here.
The "what's your hurry" thing has been so worn out here it's ridiculous. Here's my answer: Maybe I'm in a hurry, maybe not. I have a limited number of minutes, hours, days... left on this earth. I do not care to waste a bunch of them being held up by left lane laggards, people who stop when they don't have a stop sign, and people who travel on 466 in a 45 mph zone side by side doing 30 with nothing ahead of them. If I added up how much of my time they've wasted, I'd probably start honking more.
I won't be on my deathbed saying "I wish I'd driven 30 in a 45 for the last 10 years."
If you aren't capable of driving the speed limit, you should not be behind the wheel.
Closed Thread

Tags
accident, looked, today, golf, involved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.