Accident at the Caroline Gate 12/14

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

I noticed in some of them that the lines and arrows need to be re-painted.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I will reiterate what I said a couple of posts ago...........

"..... anyone in the outside lane (even if they are not supposed to be in the outside lane depending where they entered the RAB) still has right of way to anyone entering the RAB. Isn't that correct? Should someone entering the RAB cut off someone already in the RAB and driving in the outside lane? The person who is entering the RAB is supposed to wait until the RAB is clear of any cars and yield to any car already in the RAB. Isn't that correct?"

From where I sit, the man caused the accident because he entered the RAB when there was a car coming around in the outside lane. He should have yielded to that car and stayed put before he entered the RAB.
Incorrect.....you wait for a gap.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Incorrect.....you wait for a gap.
Depends on what you mean by a “gap”. If you mean entering the outside lane next to or near a car in the inside lane, you’re incorrect. If you mean a space with no cars in either lane, OK.

The RAB at Morse and Stillwater is the most incorrectly driven one, IMO. Too many cars travelling east on Stillwater intending to go north on Morse do so in the outside lane. They do so to facilitate using the bypass lane at the next RAB. Traffic exiting Caroline should be able to proceed when an eastbound car enters from Stillwater in the outside lane as their only two options are southbound Morse or continue eastbound on Stillwater. It does not help that you can’t tell whether the car is going to proceed properly into the Caroline gate or illegally continue around until the last second. As a result, traffic backs up exiting Caroline. Realistically, there is plenty of time to correctly use this RAB and merge to use the bypass lane.

Tags
rab, accident, woman, caroline, lane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.