Accident on Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Accident on Marsh Bend

On Tuesday we were driving home and were stopped on Marsh Bend due to a car accident. There was an ambulance, police cars and fire trucks.
The road was closed for quite a while. When it finally opened, we saw that a brown car had struck a light pole on the left hand side of the north bound lane.
I’ve seen nothing in the news about this. Does anyone have any information?
This made me realize that there is only one way in and out of Marsh Bend. Hopefully, this will be a warning to the powers that be and they’ll get moving on the extension of Marsh Bend to 301.
This accident closed the road for an hour and a half. Had this been multiple car accident or a large truck or semi Marsh Bend Road could have been closed for a much longer time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:59 AM

I was there just after it happened and assisted with clarifying the location to 911 - lady apparently just missed the curve and drove straight into the concrete light pole. The pole snapped and landed on her roof. She seemed hurt by the airbag deployment but was alert.

Went back out Marsh Bend a little while later and was surprised they allowed that huge backup. They had enough responders that two could have easily taken radios and made the other side of the split street an alternating one-way.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I was also wondering why they didn’t do that. Were any pieces of rescue equipment over on the south bound lane.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:04 AM

Not when I came thru - all on the inbound side with traffic backed up to near Fenney Way.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

That happens more than you think with age of some drivers. see person run straight into MMP roundabout center. Like didn’t know had to turn the wheels, the person was lucky didn’t go through plexiglass windshield or snap tie rod, just drove off like nothing happened.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

these accidents happen more often than we hear about all allover TV....cars were backed up on 441/27 yesterday morning just below St Timothy's ...not sure if someone failed to stop at a light or stopped and the fellow behind didn't

We really need to be a defensive driver in TV...some people have lost more than a couple of steps, and then there's the new people that haven't been able to figure out where they are, or where they're going yet and stop in the middle of a round about
Closed Thread

Tags
marsh, bend, accident, car, closed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.