Addiction to TOTV?

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Taltarzac
Default Not..me.

Nor...graciegirl!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage

One morning last week, I told DH I had woken up about 4 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. He said, "any good posts?"

One evening earlier this year he told me he almost decided to log on and post, "If anybody sees my wife in one of these threads will you please tell her I miss her."

I just read this whole thread and thought, "Oh, these poor people. Thank goodness I'm not addicted!"
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Sage

I suggest we start an organization called TOTV Anonymous. If you get the uncontrollable urge to get on TOTV, call another member and the two of you can get together and get drunk.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage

You know you’re an addict when:
1. You work a 40 hour week and are logged on for over 35 hours.
2. You get annoyed when someone asks you to do something that interferes with posting. They actually expect me to work?
3. You get angry when you lose a post because the system at work logs you out and you didn’t notice before hitting the submit icon. I was working.
4. You are upset the day you can’t watch video’s because the work administrator has blocked that function.
5. You can’t wait to sign on after reading the Sunday newspaper.
6. You admire people who have read the entire “dog poop” thread.
7. You can’t wait to read of members who have moved to TV.
8. You look forward to reading about happy people.
9. You need to feel connected to TV.
10. What you really care about is getting valuable information to move to TV.

KathieI – The Mayor.
GracieGirl – The Most Posts
Tal - Almost as many as GracieGirl.

To all the wonderful TOTV members who help in keeping my sanity.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

You read the Sunday newspaper BEFORE you log on to TOTV????
WOW, I must be more addicted than I thought!

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
1. You work a 40 hour week and are logged on for over 35 hours.
2. You get annoyed when someone asks you to do something that interferes with posting. They actually expect me to work?
3. You get angry when you lose a post because the system at work logs you out and you didn’t notice before hitting the submit icon. I was working.
4. You are upset the day you can’t watch video’s because the work administrator has blocked that function.
6. You admire people who have read the entire “dog poop” thread.
7. You can’t wait to read of members who have moved to TV.
8. You look forward to reading about happy people.
9. You need to feel connected to TV.
10. What you really care about is getting valuable information to move to TV.

KathieI – The Mayor.
GracieGirl – The Most Posts
Tal - Almost as many as GracieGirl.

You are so witty and quick and warm. I just can't wait to meet you in person!
Merry, Merry Christmas, 2B!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Sage

Can't wait to meet you someday. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hope your's is a happy and healthy holiday. Your still in my prayers.

Another way you can tell one is addicted to TOTV is after spending time sending posts and you refresh by hitting "today's post' and your handle is almost on every comment.

Please look after reading this post. OMG - I can't shut-up.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

I would not say I'm addicted to TOTV, but for me it serves a real purpose that some of you may not understand.
As many of you know, my Florida home is just south of you good people. I plan on retiring and moving there full time this next year, God willing, as I can retire in 194 more days.

Until then, I am up here in cold western NY. I dream of my orange and palm trees daily, and TOTV gives me my much needed "Florida fix". I appreciate how kind most folks have been here, especially to an "Outsider".

When I move there full time this next year, I plan on advertising my business on TOTV......since I like it so much. It is only right that I support it.

Stay warm my friends, and have a blessed Christmas.

Frank
Old 12-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

I was visiting my daughter in Brooklyn last week. She wanted to know why every time she fired up her computer it opened on TOTV. I had to confess my addiction and she thinks I should get professional help.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
I would not say I'm addicted to TOTV, but for me it serves a real purpose that some of you may not understand.
As many of you know, my Florida home is just south of you good people. I plan on retiring and moving there full time this next year, God willing, as I can retire in 194 more days.

Until then, I am up here in cold western NY. I dream of my orange and palm trees daily, and TOTV gives me my much needed "Florida fix". I appreciate how kind most folks have been here, especially to an "Outsider".

When I move there full time this next year, I plan on advertising my business on TOTV......since I like it so much. It is only right that I support it.

Frank
Frank,
You are not an outsider to me. You're one of us!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Frank,
You are not an outsider to me. You're one of us!
Ohh.....that is so very kind of you to say! My place is only down the road a bit....but I'm not a owner in The Villages. We do visit and shop up there most every time we are down there.

My guess is that once we are full time, I'll be doing business there on a regular basis. Can't wait!

We are all so very blessed. Thanks! Frank
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

frank i love plantation, we golf there with our monday group, would love to have you join us....gn
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post

Frank
Frank, you are definitely not an OUTSIDER!!! I do think we consider you part of the family, for sure. I hope that when you are down here in FL and it coincides with our TOTV lunch, that you will join us. I would very much like to meet you after all these years.

Stay warm and Merry Christmas to you and yours... KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Frank.

You are so informative and kind and fun and not once did I consider you an "outsider".

BUT...........I have teased you more than once about moving to The Villages.

I won't anymore, unless you'd begin to think about buying a house on our street and then the pressures on!!

Merry Christmas to you both. God bless!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

You are all so very kind. I do not want to hijack this thread. I have intended to join your luncheon more then a few times when we have been down there, but I end up stripping wallpaper, installing new water heaters, redoing countertops, etc........my wife keeps me pretty busy with "Honeydew" jobs.....

Hopefully we'll be down there for the month of April, and then for good soon after that.

You all have helped keep the dream alive for us, and we appreciate it. You all, and this forum have been terrific. It is both exciting and scary to leave a house you designed and built yourself, a hometown you've had for 40 years, a good career, our kids, etc .......all to start a new life and career 1300 miles away. We can't wait!

Frank

ps, Golfnut. I own a set of clubs and my own golfcart, but have yet to play golf down there....I'm always too busy remodeling, etc.....but my wife tells me I need to relax a bit and start.....!

Last edited by faithfulfrank; 12-23-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.