Addiction to TOTV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Addiction to TOTV?

Ms Bouquet, told you I have a lot of Valium for you in Jan. You're gonna be having severe withdrawals during your trip.

I think the I'm gonna strap my puter onto my back so I can do TOTV anytime I want. Good Idea, huh.

see ya later in chat, Love Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Gold member

Does checking in at least 3 times a day count as an addiction??
If so , I guess I need intervention. : :
Old 01-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Sage

This topic has been alot of fun and I am amazed at how many addicted people are among us! What can we possibly attribute this to! :dontknow:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Gold member

Kathie I think this is an excellent idea. Now all you have to do is create world wide free wireless internet service.

OMG - Can u imagine that?

HB
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Dancing Thyme

Barb, Nonie, HB, Beady, we are all just crazy!!! that's it.

xcuse me, anybody got a strap for me and my puter????

Love ya, K.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Gold member

Yes, Kathie, anything for a another addict.

HB
Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
You know you're addicted to TOTV when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and since you're up anyway, check the computer for new posts! ;D
Don't know about that. I couldn't sleep so I went into the den to read a bit of TOTV. Figured while I was up, I might as well go to the bathroom.

But I am not addicted. I absolutely refuse to be an addict. I don't have the time to go to any more meetings.

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-04-2008, 01:43 PM

We have been in TV for a week and this is the first time I have logged on. It has changed a bit (volume & bad drivers) but still active and fun. Now that I'm here I'm wondering why the folks who are on line constantly are not out doing something. It was cold the last two days but there was still lots of things to do. GET OUT - GET OFF THE COMPUTER - enjoy what you moved here for. Let the people in the snow up North fantasize about what's happening here.
Happy New Year and Enjoy TV :bigthumbsup:
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 PM

I will be more active as soon as
#1 The weather gets warmer
#2 Snowbirds leave
(I love many Snowbirds and one is my cousin but it is nice when the crowds are gone for awhile.)
Welcome to TV !!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b
I will be more active as soon as
#1 The weather gets warmer
#2 Snowbirds leave
(I love many Snowbirds and one is my cousin but it is nice when the crowds are gone for awhile.)
Welcome to TV !!!!!!!
Hear that about the cold.

What addiction to TOTV asks the person with 11 days and 27 minutes and counting for stats? Us TOTV users are catching up to the Administrators Talk Host and Tony for time spent on TOTV. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...p?action=stats
Old 01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakey
One thing I don't understand is...why would anyone who lives at or is visiting TV, want to be online talking to people on this board? I would rather be out enjoying TV.
I can tell you why I still post on this board, even though I now live in TV.

Because I am grateful for all the assistance and support I received from TOTV members when I was a wannabee instead of a newbie. ;D

We were living in Canada when we purchased a house in TV "sight unseen" in April 2007. We knew it would be late October before we would be coming to TV. During that six-month wait, TOTV posters were an incredible help! We managed to get some renovations done, house painted, tv/phone/cable hook-up arranged, etc., before we arrived. All through advise and assistance from the wonderful people on TOTV.

I made a promise to myself that after I moved to TV, I would try to offer any information or assistance I could to wantabees or newbies. Also, once I started living here I got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful people through TOTV gatherings. :beer2:

Loving it in TV
BF
Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
I can tell you why I still post on this board, even though I now live in TV.

Because I am grateful for all the assistance and support I received from TOTV members when I was a wannabee instead of a newbie. ;D

We were living in Canada when we purchased a house in TV "sight unseen" in April 2007. We knew it would be late October before we would be coming to TV. During that six-month wait, TOTV posters were an incredible help! We managed to get some renovations done, house painted, tv/phone/cable hook-up arranged, etc., before we arrived. All through advise and assistance from the wonderful people on TOTV.

I made a promise to myself that after I moved to TV, I would try to offer any information or assistance I could to wantabees or newbies. Also, once I started living here I got to meet a whole bunch of wonderful people through TOTV gatherings. :beer2:

Loving it in TV
BF
What a nice post Barefoot at Last. :bigthumbsup:

I do not think I would ever want to be barefoot in Canada with the winter cold and then the summer mosquitoes.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Gold member

We now have a home in TV - and all I can say is that my feelings are the same as Barefoot's.

We are now in a position to pass on all the extremely helpful info we received from other TV'ers who live in TV. They took the time out of their busy schedules to help others who they did not know.

I think this speaks loud enough of the people who live in TV.

You are all :#1: :#1: :#1: in my book.

Thank you for all of your help - you made our transition to TV go smoother.

Hyacinth Bucket

Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Dancing Thyme

Good, I'm going to rely on you guys when I'm making my transition. Thanks for all your help thus far. Its been great but there will be, I guarantee you, a lot more questions before I finally move there.

Love ya, Kath

Old 01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Good, I'm going to rely on you guys when I'm making my transition. Thanks for all your help thus far. Its been great but there will be, I guarantee you, a lot more questions before I finally move there.

Love ya, Kath
You should be a Veteran Member by then (February 12, 2008?) KathieI. And I will probably be approaching 1400 posts on TOTV. I have around that many or more on Findlaw's boards even if they are archived but then again I started on Findlaw in April of 2002 and picked up a particularly nasty false friend which curtailed my desire to post on Findlaw even more. Thankfully, I have not seen many really vicious posters on TOTV.

The Administrators do a very good job of keeping these boards on TOTV rather friendly, polite and civil even if the really virulent (poisonous) exchanges are more entertaining.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.