Addiction to TOTV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Addiction to TOTV?

Agree Tal, I'm movin on up, pretty quickly. :bigthumbsup:

Guess I'm finally coming out of my "shyness". :redface: :redface:

That's my new goal, veteran member by Feb. 12!!!

Waa hoo!! 040

How many is that BTW??? :dontknow:

K.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Gold member

Kathie,

Congratulations. :hot: :hot: :hot: :2cool: :2cool: :beer2: 040

I have been so worried about you. I was afraid you would never overcome your shyness. 040

When I read your post I 1rnfl

What more can I say. You are now blooming so all can see. Will you be a beautiful Rose, Gardenia, Orchid, what?

I know one thing you will definitely not be a "bloomin onion."
HB
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Kathi..

You are shy?? The Villages Florida The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Gold member

Just to add my 2 cents about why I still post and read now that I am a Villager.
1) It's fun and entertaining.
2) I am still getting useful info from other members and Villagers
3) I'm afraid I will miss something
4) Need to keep in touch with forum friends, so many nice ,talented people.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Dancing Thyme

Good posts ladies.

But you'll see in Feb., I'm am truly shy and retiring....
Need to have help coming out of my shell.

Beady, you're posts are great too. I feel the same way. Afaid I'll miss something - and aren't these people creative.

HB and Donna, you're both nutcases - but I love ya. :-* :-*

Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 01-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Addicted? - I was starting to shake because I hadn't spent enought time on TOTV in the past few days. Weekend is here and now I'll be checkin' a lot. Love reading through this post with all of you addicts. I'm going to have to start taking meds early for when we come to our new home in Feb as we don't have a computer there. OH MY, OH MY what will I do. Truly love all the info and reading the posts. You start to think you really know everyone who posts when in fact I haven't met anyone.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottke
Addicted? - I'm going to have to start taking meds early for when we come to our new home in Feb as we don't have a computer there.
Scottke,
When you come to your new home in February:

1) Your computer won't be hooked up yet
2) You will join all the other bleary eyed newbies at Wal Mart shopping with their "lists"
for hours every day and discussing with their spouses what colour towels to buy
3) If you don't have furniture, you'll spend the rest of your time at Southern Lifestyles,
Rooms To Go, or Bargains and Treasures
4) You will not miss TOTV for at least a week, you'll be too darn tired

Then one day you'll wake up and say "OMG, what have I missed, I need to get to a computer".. The local library has computers you can use for free. This will prompt you to get computer service in your house, and you'll be back to TOTV addiction in no time. 024

Been there, done that
BF
Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Gold member

Barefoot,

I thought for awhile that Linen n Things was our home. Then there was Lowes and Home Depot. Staples for other supplies.

At one point I thought we should sell our house in Belvedere and move to Spanish Springs. It felt like we could drive there with our eyes closes.

HB
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Dancing Thyme

Oh my Gosh, Ladies, you're scaring me! Is that what I have to look forward to??? I'd better bring a lot of Prozac, sounds like I'm gonna need them. ;D

Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Kathie,

I thought Valium was your med of choice.

Since you are renting you can do all of these things at your own pace. I am sure golfnut will provide you with towels and things, but will he provide you with TP?

HB
Old 01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Scottke,
When you come to your new home in February:

1) Your computer won't be hooked up yet
2) You will join all the other bleary eyed newbies at Wal Mart shopping with their "lists"
for hours every day and discussing with their spouses what colour towels to buy
3) If you don't have furniture, you'll spend the rest of your time at Southern Lifestyles,
Rooms To Go, or Bargains and Treasures
4) You will not miss TOTV for at least a week, you'll be too darn tired

Then one day you'll wake up and say "OMG, what have I missed, I need to get to a computer".. The local library has computers you can use for free. This will prompt you to get computer service in your house, and you'll be back to TOTV addiction in no time. 024

Been there, done that
BF
Not only does the Villages Public Library have about 8 computers for free use, but the Savannah Center has a computer room with free access to computers (@10), while every recreation center in TV has wireless access as well if you have a laptop with that capability. The Lady Lake Library (352-753-2957) near the intersection of US441/27 and CR466 (but off a side road) has about 9 public access free computers as well.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
every recreation center in TV has wireless access as well if you have a laptop with that capability.
Some of the recreation centers do not have wireless access. I have spoken to numerous groups at various recreation centers about TOTV. Some of them do not have internet access and will not allow it. I spoke recently at one of the newer centers south of 466 and the Villages absolutely forbid me from using the internet (not even dial-up). They would not give a reason for not allowing it in the buildings.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
I propose that Doggie Doo Run to increase their revenue should have internet access and computer stations.

That way while the "masters and mistresses" can have fun while their puppies socialize.

HB
There's people socializing going on at the shelters at the Doggie Doo Run Run in the small dog and large dog areas. The big field is too big for a lot of human interaction even if the dogs still manage to mingle.

I usually just listen for juicy gossip and watch my dog Sport though and stay calm and quiet. That's kind of difficult with some of the characters you find at Doggie Doo Run Run though-- both canine and human characters.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 PM

Wow all of you are so experienced. I guess we'll be shopping a lot. Southern Lifestyles is putting a loaner couch in the house for us and our bed and one night stand will be there. Some furniture that we ordered won't be ready yet and the remainder will come from our home in NJ. We do have to go and get a washer & dryer and a TV and then continue to look for other things we will need. I've already shipped some boxes to empty nest to put in the house - towels, sheets, toilet paper, soap etc. as we don't arrive until about 8:30p and won't have a car or cart until the next day. You just don't realize the basics that you need until you start to shop. There are times it all seems overwhelming. When that happens I'll sit on the floor in the lanai and have a glass of wine. Guess you're right I won't be thinking of a computer too often.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
Some of the recreation centers do not have wireless access. I have spoken to numerous groups at various recreation centers about TOTV. Some of them do not have internet access and will not allow it. I spoke recently at one of the newer centers south of 466 and the Villages absolutely forbid me from using the internet (not even dial-up). They would not give a reason for not allowing it in the buildings.
I stand corrected then.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.