Addiction to TOTV?

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Addiction to TOTV?

When we were there, it was the regional rec centers only for wireless. Savannah Center also had computers available for those with resident ID's. I liked the system at the Savannah Center because the computers automatically shut down after an hour of use.

At The Villages branch of the public library, there was wireless access. The library also had computers available. I believe the time allowed was 45 minutes and a sign-in sheet was used. At the time school was letting out, those computers could get pretty busy with kids from the high school. I will say that the kids were all very polite and respectful of the time restraints. The ones I saw who had to be reminded by the librarian that their time was up responded nicely. I hope that is always the case. I know that public access computers can become a problem for librarians in some situations, unless they happen to have had previous careers as bouncers.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
When we were there, it was the regional rec centers only for wireless. Savannah Center also had computers available for those with resident ID's. I liked the system at the Savannah Center because the computers automatically shut down after an hour of use.

At The Villages branch of the public library, there was wireless access. The library also had computers available. I believe the time allowed was 45 minutes and a sign-in sheet was used. At the time school was letting out, those computers could get pretty busy with kids from the high school. I will say that the kids were all very polite and respectful of the time restraints. The ones I saw who had to be reminded by the librarian that their time was up responded nicely. I hope that is always the case. I know that public access computers can become a problem for librarians in some situations, unless they happen to have had previous careers as bouncers.
The Villages Public Library is right across the street from the Villages High School so you will often find teens at the computers when they are out and about. The Lady Lake Library also gets a lot of kids too.

I would just go there frequently if you have a library that is convenient for you in location so that you can get a feel of the traffic flow.

Savannah Center's computer room can have high use times too.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Soaring Parsley

-forgot to say in the above post that the wireless access at the regional rec centers required resident ID's also. You cannot get in to the regional rec centers without one and you need the ID to log in to the wireless also.

(They were checking ID's carefully at the time. I think there had been crashers from a neighboring community who had invaded a water fitness class. That was the rumor anyway.)
Old 01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
-forgot to say in the above post that the wireless access at the regional rec centers required resident ID's also. You cannot get in to the regional rec centers without one and you need the ID to log in to the wireless also.

(They were checking ID's carefully at the time. I think there had been crashers from a neighboring community who had invaded a water fitness class. That was the rumor anyway.)
Is not the golf pin number involved with the Villages ID somehow with the wireless access? I do not have a lap top so I have never used the wireless in TV. :dontknow:

I do not golf so I thought that even if I had a laptop I would have to do something about getting this pin number for wireless?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Soaring Parsley

As I recall, it did have something to do with the golf number.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Is not the golf pin number involved with the Villages ID somehow with the wireless access? I do not have a lap top so I have never used the wireless in TV. :dontknow:

I do not golf so I thought that even if I had a laptop I would have to do something about getting this pin number for wireless?
When you closed on your house you were assigned an ID and golf password. ID is on your Villages ID and your golf # a peice of paper they gave you when you got your ID card. from closing.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b
When you closed on your house you were assigned an ID and golf password. ID is on your Villages ID and your golf # a peice of paper they gave you when you got your ID card. from closing.
Good to know. I have not golfed here in TV so I am not sure what this was but another person in the household does golf a few times a week.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Way to early to start this ... still at work.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage

Its o.k. Linda, we understand completely!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Sage

You mean I'm not the only one who does this?????
And, as you can see, I'm even looking at old threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
You know you're addicted to TOTV when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and since you're up anyway, check the computer for new posts! ;D
Old 03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Administrator

bump
Old 03-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Addicted? Geesh..I check TOTV when my school children are at their special classes (music, gym, art) and on my lunch....

This is one of the few sites my school district hasn't banned....

Shhhhhh....don't tell them, ok?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Sage

mums the word brightspot!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 AM

I am so happy that I am not alone!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Addicted? Who's addicted? I wasn't when this thread was started.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.