Admin

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Sage

cannot keep up. Panjo, no panjo, panjo....??
Can somebody post current instructions to sell an item?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:12 PM

90% of Panjo is great and I am thrilled at having it back.
I wish they could remove the option of using Pay Pal, which seems to confuse many people.
But since it is there as an option for payment, just BYPASS it and scroll down and when you get to #2.Payment Settings, scroll down past Pay Pal and click on 'Collect Payment without Seller Protection'. It will open up a screen that says............ Collect Payment On Your Own. 1.Your listing WILL NOT USE PAYPAL Checkout. You will need to collect payment on your own.
I hope this helps some of you that are confused and think you have to use PayPal. You do not if you follow the instructions above.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
90% of Panjo is great and I am thrilled at having it back.
I wish they could remove the option of using Pay Pal, which seems to confuse many people.
But since it is there as an option for payment, just BYPASS it and scroll down and when you get to #2.Payment Settings, scroll down past Pay Pal and click on 'Collect Payment without Seller Protection'. It will open up a screen that says............ Collect Payment On Your Own. 1.Your listing WILL NOT USE PAYPAL Checkout. You will need to collect payment on your own.
I hope this helps some of you that are confused and think you have to use PayPal. You do not if you follow the instructions above.
OK. But how do I avoid what happened to me? I elected to not use PayPal, but the BIN option remained. I got notified by Panjo that someone wanted my item and left a phone number. We agreed they could come the next morning to see the item and pay. Then someone else hit the BIN button and Panjo required they submit payment immediately to Panjo, who changed my listing to Sold. The first people bought my item, whereupon I got an email from the second party wanting to know when they could pick it up. Now I'm left with the task of informing people who thought they had bought something that it's already sold and trying to get their money refunded. This change in Panjo's BIN seems to be a way they can make money even if we bypass PayPal.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
OK. But how do I avoid what happened to me? I elected to not use PayPal, but the BIN option remained. I got notified by Panjo that someone wanted my item and left a phone number. We agreed they could come the next morning to see the item and pay. Then someone else hit the BIN button and Panjo required they submit payment immediately to Panjo, who changed my listing to Sold. The first people bought my item, whereupon I got an email from the second party wanting to know when they could pick it up. Now I'm left with the task of informing people who thought they had bought something that it's already sold and trying to get their money refunded. This change in Panjo's BIN seems to be a way they can make money even if we bypass PayPal.

1st .... you inform anyone that "wants to come look at it later" that the item will remain actively for sale and they risk losing out on the item. NEVER agree to hold an item for anyone.

2nd .... Panjo DOES NOT require a purchaser to submit any payment to Panjo, if you have bypassed the Pay Pal option. Panjo will mark your item as sold and take it off the site .... but they do not collect any funds. The seller still has to collect at time of pickup.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
1st .... you inform anyone that "wants to come look at it later" that the item will remain actively for sale and they risk losing out on the item. NEVER agree to hold an item for anyone.

2nd .... Panjo DOES NOT require a purchaser to submit any payment to Panjo, if you have bypassed the Pay Pal option. Panjo will mark your item as sold and take it off the site .... but they do not collect any funds. The seller still has to collect at time of pickup.
That's not what happened in my case. The second people paid Panjo. I got an email from Panjo telling me they had the money and would release it to me if I approved the sale. Release it to me how? PayPal with the fee deducted?

Sorry, I believe if someone says they will buy something, I consider them first in line if I agree to a pickup time. I didn't mark the listing as sold. I expected others interested to contact me directly or through Panjo. The BIN feature is the problem, IMO. As well as the apparent change in policy that disregards that I have elected to collect the proceeds personally.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

Yesterday I listed 2 items sold one in an hour the old system. This panko or what ever never did sell anything . Make up your mind
Old 02-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
That's not what happened in my case. The second people paid Panjo. I got an email from Panjo telling me they had the money and would release it to me if I approved the sale. Release it to me how? PayPal with the fee deducted?

Sorry, I believe if someone says they will buy something, I consider them first in line if I agree to a pickup time. I didn't mark the listing as sold. I expected others interested to contact me directly or through Panjo. The BIN feature is the problem, IMO. As well as the apparent change in policy that disregards that I have elected to collect the proceeds personally.
You can choose to conduct your sale(s) as you see fit. However, I think that you will find that when dealing with the gen pop (even a TV gen pop) in selling over the interwebs that people will flake out on you ... even if you think you have a firm commitment from them.

What was the date of panjo collecting? I have sold about 10 items through panjo and of those 6 or 7 were BIN transactions and every time, I have collected.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Thanks for bringing back Panjo..
Old 02-21-2015, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

I collect to face to face no middle man. Most everything is sold here in the villages. I always thought this forum was for local use. Trying to be something its not
Old 02-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
You can choose to conduct your sale(s) as you see fit. However, I think that you will find that when dealing with the gen pop (even a TV gen pop) in selling over the interwebs that people will flake out on you ... even if you think you have a firm commitment from them.

What was the date of panjo collecting? I have sold about 10 items through panjo and of those 6 or 7 were BIN transactions and every time, I have collected.
This Monday.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:15 PM

Yay! Glad Panjo is back. I never click Buy Now. I ALWAYS send a message to seller or call if they have a phone number. That's how it should be. Yes, I lost out on an item or two from someone who clicked 'Buy Now' after I sent a message to seller. Oh well. I will never click "Buy Now" since that part of Panjo is really flawed. Thanks for listening to the majority that love to scroll through the pictures!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
This Monday.
Interesting .... perhaps it is a part of the "new" panjo.

I have a couple of items I intend to list this week, I will have a convo with the admin about this before I do.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Today you have both. You can list in Panjo and it will also put a listing in the forum as it always has or you can list directly in the forum only.

You can also reject a buy it now transaction.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
Old 02-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Today you have both. You can list in Panjo and it will also put a listing in the forum as it always has or you can list directly in the forum only.

You can also reject a buy it now transaction.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
You're a genius Admin! Who ever said you can't please all of the people?
Old 02-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
No need to deal with Paypal. Simply send the seller a message and deal privately.
Exactly!

What could be easier than sending someone a message?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.