adult children

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Default adult children

Are adult children living with parent(s) in TV able to participate in any of the activities?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage
Default Re: adult children

meriboo...as long as they are over 18 and are Florida residents, they can obtain a resident ID like any of us and enjoy all resident privileges and rates.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Eternal Member

adult children .... hmmmm ... thought it was an oxymoron post for a minute!

I have an adult child (well, and old child, anyway) who is planning on living with us. We're probably not going to give him the address though.

;D
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I have a 22 year old daughter, she came there with us for 2 weeks..She had a great time!
:bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Taltarzac

I am an adult child of two Villagers. I do have 4 degrees (BA, BA, MA, JD) but have been a little too obnoxious towards some libraries trying to get them to improve resources for victims of crimes since 1991. I did get nominated to 24 Marquis Who's Who's publications from 1992 through 2002 but must have really ****ed off the powers that be in law librarianship and much of any other types of librarianship. Am listed in I think 14 of these various Marquis Who's Who publications from 1992 through 2002 including two or three Marquis Who's Who in the World. But, I have been forced to do much of my work for survivors of crimes while living with my parents. Have to use my 4 degrees for some good.

I admit I have been passionate and pushy about victims' rights and libraries but actions do have consequences. If you fight city hall you are going to get a lot of parking tickets!

I get to do various Villages activities with my ID card and am so thankful that I have family who will put up with my politicking on the Internet.

I have been using the numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 in my Internet and/or snail mail politicking since mid-1993 and either I am going really crazy or people seem to be noticing. :dontknow: Nobody tells me much of anything. I just check and see if the various libraries I have contacted over the years have certain things in their collections or on their web pages which I have suggested.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete

Talteazac, A lot of degree letters, What do they mean and what the hell are you trying to say?????

With all of those letters after your degree I'm hoping you are their caregiver, If not why are you still living with your parents???

Some of us enjoy the empty nest life.

There is a Brain Injury support group locally!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Well, my semi-adult child (20 YO daughter) is living with me. The only activities she cannot join are anything in the sport and adult pools -- you must be over 30 to use them (unless you happen to go to local high and it seems they can use the sports pools for events). Otherwise, anything that is open to me is open to her.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
adult children .... hmmmm ... thought it was an oxymoron post for a minute!

I have an adult child (well, and old child, anyway) who is planning on living with us. We're probably not going to give him the address though.

;D
Steve: Good one!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete

Talteazac, A lot of degree letters, What do they mean and what the hell are you trying to say?????

With all of those letters after your degree I'm hoping you are their caregiver, If not why are you still living with your parents???

Some of us enjoy the empty nest life.

There is a Brain Injury support group locally!
Yea. Maybe I should join a brain injury group. :joke:

I have a BA in Philosophy and a BA in History from the University of Nevada, Reno. 1980, 1981. A MA in Librarianship and Information Management from Denver University, 1984 and a JD (law degree) from the University of Minnesota (1989).

I had worked under a Law Library Director at the U of MN Law School, M. Kathleen Price, who would later become Law Librarian of Congress around 1990. I wrote the Librarian of Congress around 1992 about a niche I saw in materials for survivors of crimes in libraries of all types. The Law Librarian of Congress, M. Kathleen Price, wrote me back in a letter dated August 5, 1992, that she could see nothing wrong with my issue of a niche in victims' rights information, but that it would take ALL of the law libraries in the US (or at least many of them) to meet this need. The Law Librarian of Congress also sent me a bibliography (a list of books and other stuff) on victims' rights that were in the Library of Congress. There were not that many practical materials for victims of crimes in the Library of Congress. I have tried to get politicians like the Clintons, for instance, as well as the Bushes interested in doing something about making sure victims of crimes have access to practical information. I had used 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 to describe why I had developed this interest and the hurdles I had faced from 1993 onward in my many communications to various politicians, interest groups, and the like.

Check for yourself. There is a FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory which is a very practical tool for survivors of crimes to have at their fingertips. I have been trying to hook up this Directory to library web-sites all over Florida since 2000. I still have not been able to get this link at either Sumter or Marion County Library systems. The last I looked anyway. http://sumtercountyfl.gov/libraries/links.htm http://www.marioncountyfl.org/librar...earchTools.htm

Lake County Library system got one of these links within a few days (I think) of my making a request. http://lakeline.lib.fl.us/internet_d...oryCategory=24

I had to go through a lawsuit threat and a blacklist from volunteering threat from the Palm Harbor Library General Counsel (in a letter dated March 2, 2004) before they got a working link to the FL Victim Services Directory at Palm Harbor Library http://www.palmharborlibrary.org/links/florida.htm around March 15, 2004 .I got a link for this Directory or close to it in 2004 anyway at Palm Harbor's other public library East Lake County Library http://www.eastlakelibrary.org/ELCL/links.htm in mid June of 2004.

This was after I had donated 1400 hours as a volunteer to Palm Harbor's two public libraries from 2000 through 2003 in an attempt to give my parents an empty nest by getting my foot in the door in the libraries around Tampa Bay.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Taltarzac: DO YOU HAVE A JOB??, those place where you go to work and get paid......
Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin
Taltarzac: DO YOU HAVE A JOB??, those place where you go to work and get paid......
Nothing in a professional capacity. I do various stuff to pay some of my various bills. For instance, I took care of an elderly uncle in Itasca, Illinois in 1994. He lost an arm and a leg to a German tank shell in Italy around 1943. My job was to get him in and out of the wheelchair and the like, take him on strolls, etc. He went into a nursing home and I came home to Northern CA after interviewing with a primarily African-American law school library in NC--NCCU-- for a reference position I unfortunately did not get.

Have done various other stuff for people on and off for more than 30 years.

Looked for all kinds of jobs in Palm Harbor, Florida where I used to live but it always came up that why are you volunteering in a library when you have the degree to work in one. Ended up helping out my then sister-in-law with her 3 kids for about a year while she managed her own business.

I did volunteer 10 to 14 hours a week at Palm Harbor's 2 public libraries for about three years (2000-2003). Got really discouraged with volunteering because my various professional job searches (for various library jobs around the US ) needed a link at these two libraries to the FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I had a Professional student / hallway monitor living with me once upon a time . I finally conviced him to join the Navy to see the world, he did ,and I was able to travel a little myself............However I do remember he complained a lot about the Navy not having many libraries............ :
Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage

Taltarzac - It sounds like that show 'Beauty and the Geek' missed out on a great candidate!

Just joking around. Keep the posts shorter so us mortals can make sense of them.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Taltarzac - It sounds like that show 'Beauty and the Geek' missed out on a great candidate!

Just joking around. Keep the posts shorter so us mortals can make sense of them.
Maybe, I should write them. :joke: I used to write all kinds of shows trying to get them interested in this cause using my identifiers of 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 (my birthday and my id# 6 1 3 in a 17 week UCSF Medical School study from 1992-1993) . They kept on suggesting I get an agent I wrote them so often. I could really identify with the main character in the Jim Carrey movie The Number 23 because of my noticing these identifiers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 all over the place.

Used to e-mail Mr. Jim Carrey quite often as he seemed to be a rather philosophical celebrity. Would be deluding myself in believing that he actually read any of my many e-mails though.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage

Doesn't a JD degree mean that you are eligible to sit for the Bar?

Have you taken any Bar exams? If not why not?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.