adult children

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: adult children

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great fumar
I had a Professional student / hallway monitor living with me once upon a time . I finally conviced him to join the Navy to see the world, he did ,and I was able to travel a little myself............However I do remember he complained a lot about the Navy not having many libraries............ :
I am too old for the military. >

I did work my way through much of these 4 degrees working in various libraries while I also went to school or working in the summers and making enough money to cover tuition and the like.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Doesn't a JD degree mean that you are eligible to sit for the Bar?

Have you taken any Bar exams? If not why not?
I sat for the Minnesota Bar around 1990 and 1991. The last time, I missed passing by 9 points. I got a 251 and needed a 260 to pass.

I suppose talking the FL bar could be a option?

Never really wanted to practice law though. I had gone to Brigham Young U. on a Merit Scholarship which paid for part of the law school tuition in 1982. Only was there for 10 days. Did not like what the practice of law entailed all that much. Went back to a different law school-- after getting my MA in Librarianship and Information Management-- with the purpose of becoming a law librarian.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Taljarzac: from your responses I believe that you are desperate to talk to someone, my suggestion is to get some professional help. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin
Taljarzac: from your responses I believe that you are desperate to talk to someone, my suggestion is to get some professional help. Good luck.
I guess I forgot to wear my tinfoil hat today? :joke:
Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Taltarzac

You remind me of an engineer that was transferred to my department. He had many degrees also. Other than swatting flies and doing nothing all day he always mentioned his degrees. I fired him and shortly after I heard he was working at a local car wash drying cars. I guess he forgot to remove his keys from the belt loop and scratched many of the cars. He was fired from there also. I guess having many degrees doesn’t mean much after all.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclicker
Taltarzac

You remind me of an engineer that was transferred to my department. He had many degrees also. Other than swatting flies and doing nothing all day he always mentioned his degrees. I fired him and shortly after I heard he was working at a local car wash drying cars. I guess he forgot to remove his keys from the belt loop and scratched many of the cars. He was fired from there also. I guess having many degrees doesn’t mean much after all.
OK. Why do you not look at some of my 1140 or so posts on TOTV and see how many times I mention my degrees? I have never been fired from any job either. >

I got an e-mail from the New York Public Library a few months ago that they will be considering-- if they have not already-- getting a link to NY's version of the FL Victim Services Directory.http://www.cvb.state.ny.us/vaps.htm I do not know if NYPL does have a link to this resource but if they do that will probably help a lot of people. I have done similar work-- it is work even if unpaid-- in many other states over the past 16 years.

I have put a awful lot of my time into this effort. This is where I had hoped NYPL would put this link -- http://www.nypl.org/research/sibl/law/

No link from NYPL to the NY version of the Victim Services Directory as of January 20, 2008.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete

Talteazac, A lot of degree letters, What do they mean and what the hell are you trying to say?????

With all of those letters after your degree I'm hoping you are their caregiver, If not why are you still living with your parents???

Some of us enjoy the empty nest life.

There is a Brain Injury support group locally!
Brain injury.

My mother was ill part of the time while she was pregnant with me so I was born with some problems in 1959.

I overcame most of these graduating from high school in 1976 in Reno, Nevada in 3 years. In high school I had had a high school teacher Mrs. Mitchell who saw something in me and encouraged me to read heavy books like Anna Karenina and Crime and Punishment.

This remedial English teacher Mrs. Mitchell played a crucial part in my high school education and gave me a small scholarship in the name of her murdered daughter Michelle Mitchell for the school year 1976-1977.

Michelle Mitchell was murdered by a group of people on my birthday of February 24, 1976. They had an insurance interest in a second woman they had murdered right around this February 24, 1976 date. Their intent in Michelle's murder was to try to cover up the other murder of their nonrandom target by making it look like a serial killer was terrorizing the Reno-Sparks NV community.

Something like this leaves a mark on you personally when you are close to it. The Northern Nevada press made quite a lot of it from 1976 through 1985 or so. It was also one of the top ten most notorious murders in the 20th Century according to Northern Nevada law enforcement.

I had wanted to do something about a huge niche I discovered in practical information for crime victims accessible through libraries in Nevada and surrounding states in 1976 and following. Got 4 degrees for credibility in pushing for filling this niche.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Veteran member

nyclicker. Yours was the cheapest personal shot I've seen on TOTV. This isn't the place for that kind of crap.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
nyclicker. Yours was the cheapest personal shot I've seen on TOTV. This isn't the place for that kind of crap.
I agree. Live and let live. Be happy!!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to FireOnWindCSR

I have to agree that this "Bullseye" does not need any POT SHOTS taken at him. Everyone has their own story to tell. He does have a lot of degrees which were conferred upon him. Problem is universities don't always teach one "how to get a job".

Through all the posts in this thread did anyone offer to sit with this person or converse over the NET and guide him on "how to get a job"? Surely, NY could do this if he can fire someone. What a proud moment for NY, knowing he put someone out on the street, probably had a family to support. Enough beating that horse. If there are any retired or working persons with knowledge in: Career Counseling, Educational / Vocational Counseling, or Occupational Counseling offer up some advice - help this guy. we'll all be better for it.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnWindCSR_MARYLAND
... If there are any retired or working persons with knowledge in: Career Counseling, Educational / Vocational Counseling, or Occupational Counseling offer up some advice - help this guy. we'll all be better for it.
What makes you think he needs help? The point was made to me once when someone asked me what I thought of a middle aged man who, with his 2 children, still lived at home with his mother. That man is Prince Charles. I have to keep telling myself everyday -- don't make assumptions.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireOnWindCSR_MARYLAND
I have to agree that this "Bullseye" does not need any POT SHOTS taken at him. Everyone has their own story to tell. He does have a lot of degrees which were conferred upon him. Problem is universities don't always teach one "how to get a job".

Through all the posts in this thread did anyone offer to sit with this person or converse over the NET and guide him on "how to get a job"? Surely, NY could do this if he can fire someone. What a proud moment for NY, knowing he put someone out on the street, probably had a family to support. Enough beating that horse. If there are any retired or working persons with knowledge in: Career Counseling, Educational / Vocational Counseling, or Occupational Counseling offer up some advice - help this guy. we'll all be better for it.
I am open to any practical suggestions. I did apply to a lot of jobs in and around Palm Harbor, Florida from 1996 through 2004 or so AND kept my mouth shut about what could be acknowledgment of my efforts from many groups I have contacted since 1991. I did get e-mails from Elie Wiesel's secretary, Tom Clancy, and someone claiming to be George Clooney. I have put a huge amount of work (about 40 hours a week in 1991 and 1992 less after that) into getting practical information for crime victims into all kinds of libraries and have had a lot of successes around the world since 1991 or so with pushing this cause. Had a lot of failures too but that goes with the territory. :bigthumbsup: I still have not got any link to the FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory at Sumter and Marion County Library Systems http://sumtercountyfl.gov/libraries/links.htm http://www.marioncountyfl.org/library/li_home.htm DESPITE the Villages Daily Sun doing an article on my work around Memorial Day of 2007 (May 28, 2007). Did get one though at the U of FL Law Library not too soon after this Memorial Day newspaper article by Mr. Gary Corsair. As well as some at some of the POLICE web-sites around the state of FL as well as some in Minnesota. These successes were in 2007!

I am quite used to personal attacks. Have got a huge amount of them on other message boards on the Internet-- like Findlaw's message boards and Snopes.com-- since 2002. Usually a lot worse than the few on TOTV. I was hoping that TOTV would be a friendly site to this kind of cause. :dontknow:

No links for victims/survivors of crimes at Marion nor Sumter County Library Systems yet as of Jnauary 20, 2008. >
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
I am an adult child of two Villagers. I do have 4 degrees (BA, BA, MA, JD) but have been a little too obnoxious towards some libraries trying to get them to improve resources for victims of crimes since 1991. I did get nominated to 24 Marquis Who's Who's publications from 1992 through 2002 but must have really ****ed off the powers that be in law librarianship and much of any other types of librarianship. Am listed in I think 14 of these various Marquis Who's Who publications from 1992 through 2002 including two or three Marquis Who's Who in the World. But, I have been forced to do much of my work for survivors of crimes while living with my parents. Have to use my 4 degrees for some good.

I admit I have been passionate and pushy about victims' rights and libraries but actions do have consequences. If you fight city hall you are going to get a lot of parking tickets!

I get to do various Villages activities with my ID card and am so thankful that I have family who will put up with my politicking on the Internet.

I have been using the numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 in my Internet and/or snail mail politicking since mid-1993 and either I am going really crazy or people seem to be noticing. :dontknow: Nobody tells me much of anything. I just check and see if the various libraries I have contacted over the years have certain things in their collections or on their web pages which I have suggested.

Sounds like you are doing a lot of bragging.
Who cares
Old 11-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoshow

Sounds like you are doing a lot of bragging.
Who cares
Some people have cared. :bigthumbsup: Got a really nice letter about my efforts from the Sumter County Sheriff around December 2005 and the Lake County Library System got a link to the FL Victim Service Directory quite soon after I put in a request for one. http://lakeline.lib.fl.us/internet_d...oryCategory=24
Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Just out of curiosity, what does any of this have to do with meriboo's original question? Sorry, I just hate seeing a thread hijacked, especially when it starts getting ugly like this has.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.