The villages "rich" lifestyle

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default The villages "rich" lifestyle

In reflecting on some posts negative to the developer and TV in general it occured to me that, while I cannot deny those peoples feelings, I find much of the criticism to be misplaced. I don't prescribe to the developer's political viewpoint, and some of their financial dealings are suspect at best, but what they have provided for residents is simply incredible, assuming one takes advantage of the opportunities. I was thinking about where one might enjoy the same level of live entertainment and cultural events, learning, and recreational opportunities every single day and I came to the conclusion that only in very large cities would one even have the chance. And to live in the heart of a big city in order to have regular convenient access to those things would require a very large home or apartment outlay. Then one would have to shell out thousands of dollars a month for things such as show tickets, cover charges, country club dues, rec center dues, tuition fees, etc. etc. Even with that outlay there are things that would not be convenient to them that are around every corner in TV. In other words to live a comparable lifestyle one would have to be relatively wealthy, and then be satisfied to live in the heart of a congested city, in many cases in a relatively harsh climate. What has been created in TV is something that even the most wealthy people throughout the world would have a hard time replocating. And in TV it is available to people on not much more than a social security check. It is really pretty amazing when you think about it. By the way, I don't like the way people with negative opinions are often treated on this forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it seems that they are not really taking advantage of the tremendous opportunity that has been created here. Maybe something better exists somewhere, but if so, I have yet to be exposed to it.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

You got it all right and nothing better exists anywhere in the world. In the end we just may be the most fortunate 100,000+ people on the planet! And, this could very well be the best investment any of us has made in a long time. Can you even imagine the demand for resales here once this place is built out?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 PM

Well said eweissenbach! I agree with you completely.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Well said Coach. This place rocks.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Very well said. After visiting friends in the villages twice in the last three years and reading this site daily, I have come to the same conclusion
Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 PM

We totally agree. Where else in the world could you afford all the benefits and amenities that the Villages has to offer. Since first discovering the Villages in 1984, we have tried to keep it a big secret...but it seems the word has gotten out!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Veteran member

It is a rich lifestyle but you don't have to be rich to live it.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Gold member
Default Agreed

Nice post,

My new friends just arrived in Tamarind Grove- I can't wait till I join them.

All places have ups and downs! This is one well organized place.

When I say I'm moving to Florida I get flack! But When I say we are moving to the Villages I often here Ohhhhhhhhhhhh cool my so and so lives there.

Nice to have a Positive Post , Haaaaaaa Bad Joke
Positive( + Battery ) Post vs Negative (- Battery Post )

It's a CarGuy thing!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Gold member

Wow! I couldn't have said it better! I would like to add that although I have not met most of you yet, I feel as if I had and I do look forward to meeting all of you someday!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Excellent post. Can't wait to meet you Weissenbach.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Nice post. I don't think TV is perfect, in fact we are far from perfect. If I knew of a better place, I would move there. You won't hear any doors slamming behind me because I don't think there is any better place.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage

You outdid yourself on this one, my friend!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Gold member

Well done and I agree. Actually, The Villages is less political than I thought it would be from visits here. Since moving in, I have no idea what my neighbors political affiliation are and frankly don't care. As long as sharia law does not go into effect, I will call The Villages home.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Gold member
Default Agreed

I cannot tell you how many people I have met here (4 in a group of 7 just last night) who chose to move here from another retirement community or area.

I feel lucky that we both agree on where to be retired. Would be hard to have one of us want to be here and one of us somewhere else, and I have friends in that situation as well, although they haven't made their choice yet.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

Ditto, Coach! We love it here.

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 12-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.