Advice on Purchasing a Home

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Default Thank You

WOW !!! What a great resource TOTV provides to potential new residents.

I can't believe all the good information that was posted to this thread. I'd like to thank everyone for the time they took to provide such important information. I can guarantee you I'll use it as we decide which path to take with our purchase.

Thanks again to everyone -- you guys are great... (and I'll continue to monitor this site in the event any additional information is posted).

Alan
Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 PM

I agree with "buy sooner than later" but I would advise against impulse buying. There are plenty of houses both new and pre owned to choose from. Your dream home may or may not be what you think it will be. Keep an open mind and look at a variety. I was absolutely sure ours was going to be a preowned CYV near Spanish Springs. We looked at everything: new/used CYV, Designers and Ranches all over TV and ended up falling in love with (and buying) a new ranch home in St James...go figure!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
I agree with "buy sooner than later" but I would advise against impulse buying. There are plenty of houses both new and pre owned to choose from. Your dream home may or may not be what you think it will be. Keep an open mind and look at a variety. I was absolutely sure ours was going to be a preowned CYV near Spanish Springs. We looked at everything: new/used CYV, Designers and Ranches all over TV and ended up falling in love with (and buying) a new ranch home in St James...go figure!
If it were not for impulse buying, there woulid be a lot more homes available. A LOT of us were overwhelmed by the things we saw and fell in love with and got a house the second day. I can not believe the amount of obssesive detail some people have put into their decisions either. There has to be a middle groud somewhere. NO logic or plan or anything else involved in a lot of purchases. We love our Anna Maria and were lucky we got a great house in all the craziness. I have heard this story over and over and over. We were NOT the Lone Ranger in this home buying experience. It was, however, the best non decision we have ever made.

We love it here. BUT...have your eyes open in pre built new homes...the carpets are terrible quality, the applicances and fixtures are very low grade and the lighting is barely there. No lights on the fans in any room.

If you possible can, have the carpeting replaced before you move your stuff in and have the inside painted. You look at these walls funny and they will show marks on them. I wish we had done this....but duh...we did not.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.