Advice where to put cat litter box in Designer

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

I have ours in the master bathroom under the counter where a stool would be placed. The other is in the spare bathroom but when we have company staying over
I place it in the master bathroom beside the counter near the door. We have two cats also.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage

I have my dog bowl in the master bath where the roman shower entry is. My loving puppy has boxer loose lips and there's nowhere else for a 16 inch stainless bowl. Bonus: easy to clean up around it.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

We have one in the laundry room ,and one in the master bathroom, toilet area. Yes, we have to watch the garage door, but only 1 seems interested, and she'll get over it. When we first moved she spent alot of time above the kitchen cabinets, which freaked me out, I don't allow (hahaha) them on the counters. I think that was just an adjustment thing, because she never goes up there anymore...now she is comfortable in her home and has picked her various spots to sleep comfortably.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Thank you so much for all your comments. I was thinking about the bathtub in the bathroom idea as well. They are currently trained not to come in the bedroom in the middle of the night as I am a very light sleeper so I don't want the litter box in the master bathroom. Where we are living now I have there litter box in the downstairs shower. I have found that the car mats are wonderful to place in front of the area where the cats step out from the liter box and the larger mat for under the liter box. The rubber is so smooth that it is a cinch to clean and sweep the liter until a small dust pan. I found this tip in a magazine and it works terrific.

Hope to be there in a month and would love to see those Bengals !!

Future Villager ...... Oct. 2013
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have had my kitty litter in the spare bathtub for years. Easy to clean.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

jnieman, yes I understand how a cat door works but I have seen a lot of people just leave their sliders open about 6" or so, to let their cat(s) go in and out.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

We have my husbands wooden desk from his youth. We were going to move it into the laundry room and us the space where the chair went for the box. Then use the side drawers for storage and the top to sort laundry. But, sadly Ellie has passed on and will not get to join us on our final move from Ohio in January. She so loved the lanai on her previous visits and we are glad she had the chance and that we took photos of her lounging in the sun. Anyway, there are lots of these desks for sale now that folks have laptops....just a thought.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do I read this right, you built an Iris model just for your cat's litter box?
As a former cat servant (dogs have owners, cats have staff), I can tell that the cats most likely think so.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.