Again, apartments

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2020, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
There was an article in the local paper several weeks/months ago presenting the developers plans for the southern area. The southern area plans included a major medical research/UF hospital complex encompassing something like 400 acres, if I remember correctly; a second charter school that will be built close to the Village of West Lake which will be a village for younger people who work in the villages. Their children will be able to attend the new charter school. The younger workers and their families will not have access to the amenities which we old folks have. They will have their own amenities within their village. There is also plans for a major sports complex near the new second village charter school. Other than that the southern area is supposed to be developed for age restricted homes just like we now enjoy.

Have your facts before starting rumors and getting everyone in an uproar.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Plenty of apartments being built on other side of cherry lake. IMO I doubt the developers could compete with that price line???????
Old 10-13-2020, 09:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Right! I don’t want kids living in the villages!
Well, guess there might be already. Few special cases that’s been in lime light.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
The Village of West Lake is undeveloped land that was purchased not long ago from the City of Leesburg. It is a large area. Someday it will be developed and be part of The Villages. I'm guessing it will be 5 years or more.

There already are several Villages which are designated for families instead of seniors. It is important that the people who work here have a place to live. I can't say what will happen in the future, but in these current family villages they have their own amenities (pool, playground, rec center) and do not have access to ours.
Theyre good enought o work here and serve you but not good enough to use amenities? Thats a lousy attitude
Old 10-14-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Theyre good enought o work here and serve you but not good enough to use amenities? Thats a lousy attitude
? 😳
Old 10-14-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
In family villages they have there own amenities.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
This is an age-restricted RETIREMENT community. Most folk who live in The Villages bought their homes in The Villages for that reason. What don’t you understand about that concept❓ Please stop trying to “virtue signal” about how equalitarian you are. No one is buying it. If my husband and I don’t want to share the amenities with young children or teenagers, that’s our prerogative.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, inside, portion, community, leesburg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.