Ages of residents North vs Southern Area

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2023, 05:58 PM
Default Ages of residents North vs Southern Area

Hello. I have been reading about the newer areas of the Villages (southern areas) being sold to younger residents while the northern areas are mostly resales to older residents. Is this true or pretty common? Thank you. MarvinH
Old 01-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Just as many "younger" folks buying resales.
One's age does not dictate where folks are buying.
"More younger" buying new.....probably.

As has been said by many before age here is a relative number....usually means/affects nothing/nobody.

Usually just an in correct notion some (that do not live here ) have about age.

Old 01-23-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

One thing for sure is all of the new assisted living and senior apartments are north and there are a lot of them being built.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
One thing for sure is all of the new assisted living and senior apartments are north and there are a lot of them being built.
Most everything that is being built is in the northern Villages. Not much down south at this point.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

For what it's worth, I've heard that the average Villager, once here, moves five more times within The Villages.

We're "north". On our block we have all age ranges from 55 to 85. A fair number of renters who seem to trend younger than those who own the homes they live in.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinh11791 View Post
Hello. I have been reading about the newer areas of the Villages (southern areas) being sold to younger residents while the northern areas are mostly resales to older residents. Is this true or pretty common? Thank you. MarvinH
I live in a village between 466 and 27/441. Our community is actually getting younger and that is common. The reason? Those that originally bought 20 years ago or more are - sadly - either passing on or getting too old to live alone. On my cul-de-sac about half of us are the second or 3rd owner and the average age is moving toward the low to mid 60s.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 01-23-2023, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Pretty true? -probably
Pretty common? - probably not

What is most important to you?
* Young neighbors who might not be full-time and would be renting out their home or full-time residents who are welcoming?
* Do you need established shopping areas or are you content to wait for shopping areas to grow?
* Do you want mature landscaping and a larger lot or is that not important?
* Do you need to be close to developed exec and champ golf or is that something you can wait for?
* Do you need convenience or is that something you can wait for?
* Will you mind paying the bond on a new property or prefer to buy one with all or partial bond already paid off?
* Would you prefer to buy the bare bones new model home or one with many/most if the improvements completed - like attic stairs or a pool or plantation shutters or a golf cart garage, etc. or pay the after-market price for them?

There is so much more than age to be considered when contemplating moving to the Villages.

Old 01-23-2023, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Pretty true? -probably

* Young neighbors who might not be full-time and would be renting out their home or full-time residents who are welcoming?
* Do you need established shopping areas or are you content to wait for shopping areas to grow?
* Do you need to be close to developed exec and champ golf or is that something you can wait for?
* Will you mind paying the bond on a new property or prefer to buy one with all or partial bond already paid off?
* Would you prefer to buy the bare bones new model home or one with many/most if the improvements completed - like attic stairs or a pool or plantation shutters or a golf cart garage, etc. or pay the after-market price for them?

There is so much more than age to be considered when contemplating moving to the Villages.
Well said!
Old 01-23-2023, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Here are the average age of registered voters in The VIllages
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	AverageAge.jpg
Views:	4085
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	96598  
Old 01-23-2023, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Here are the average age of registered voters in The VIllages
Remember, not all homeowners are "registered to vote" in FL...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-23-2023, 11:26 PM
Veteran member

Another thread that has turned into Northern villagers highlighting some possible negatives and ignoring the many positives of the South end of TV.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Another thread that has turned into Northern villagers highlighting some possible negatives and ignoring the many positives of the South end of TV.
I think you see something that is not there.
I have read all previous posts and see nothing detrimental written about locations north or south.
"Just the facts man!"
Old 01-24-2023, 04:50 AM
Default Excellent response. Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Pretty true? -probably

Excellent response. Truth in every sentence.
Thank you
Old 01-24-2023, 05:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,686 Times in 972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
not really, not yet, but it's probably just a matter of time before it does.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:46 AM

Another factor on choosing a home is the "Bond" cost. Most of the homes north of 466A have a low bond or no bond remaining that will be passed on to the new buyer. If memory serves me right, bonds north of 466A were $20K or lower less compared to the new bond pricing now around $40K.
Closed Thread

Tags
residents, areas, southern, older, resales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.