Aggressive vehicle driving toward golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage

I always pass a golf cart as quickly as possible to getfar away from them, IMHO after observing golf cart drivers for the past 9 1/2 years-lots of drivers in golf carts are too distracted to be considered safe drivers and girls this applies to you constantly turning your heads to talk to each other, guys think you are super cool driving with you leg hangin out & making a u-turn from one golf cart lane to another across 2 lanes of road way--and most texting & driving in any vehicle--this may happen because lots of cart drivers think they are exempt from DMV rules
Old 03-02-2020, 08:02 AM

Where is our "invisible" police protection...oh, I know.....they are fund raising!!! What a joke!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:17 AM

It would also be nice if they took part of the sidewalk out on the bridge on Morse going across the lake to make the golf cart lanes wider. I never see any walkers on that bridge. It would make that section so much safer.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldovermiller View Post
Where is our "invisible" police protection...oh, I know.....they are fund raising!!! What a joke!
Really???
Old 03-02-2020, 09:41 AM

I live close to this area. The Villages wasn't expecting the growth when Morse Blvd N. of 466 was made. They said it can't be changed because of the expense. How much is a life worth??

The police dept needs to spend a little more time in the area monitoring and writing tickets!

One thing you can do when you see this happening is call the
Non Emergency phone number of the police department *** 352-793-2621
add this to your contacts and report it.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

It is wise to avoid situations that you think are dangerous. Don't expect other people to care about your safety. Look out for yourself.

If you think it is dangerous to drive your golf cart in a certain place, then don't drive there. If you want to go there, then drive a safer vehicle, like a car.

Roads anywhere can be dangerous, so you will probably be safer in a larger vehicle. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage

Another aspect, which has been discussed on this forum, is the abject anonymity of the golf cart and because of this, there is a perception of entitlement--meaning, I can do whatever I want and get away with it-until there is no way ID'ing golf carts---there will always be problems
Old 03-02-2020, 01:08 PM

It’s gong to happen no matter what lecture you feel entitled to give us Villagers. Perhaps he did not live in TV or any other explanation. I’m not excusing this behavior however I don’t want a lecture calling me “people” either!
Old 03-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyer View Post
I live close to this area. The Villages wasn't expecting the growth when Morse Blvd N. of 466 was made. They said it can't be changed because of the expense. How much is a life worth??

The police dept needs to spend a little more time in the area monitoring and writing tickets!

One thing you can do when you see this happening is call the
Non Emergency phone number of the police department *** 352-793-2621
add this to your contacts and report it.
This assumes that speed is the cause of most accidents---I submit that lousy drivers, drunks, and those that should have given up their license years ago are the major cause. Again, I'd rather be sharing the road with a NASCAR champion exceeding the speed limit than most drivers in TV going well under it.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:07 PM

Remember 10 to 20 percent of adults suffer from mental illness... So we will always get people that snap.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage

Legally blind, dementia--and they still drive in Fl--just renewed my license, I'm 77, the state of Fl, can let met drive unexamined for the next 8 years--the State is nuts, because they totally cave in to the senior vote--even though its wrong
Old 03-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I absolutely agree that location is dangerous and poorly designed.

I think there's enough room to build a two-way MMP, on the east side of Morse, from San Marino (first traffic light north of the gate) down to the wood bridge by the church...and would be much safer.

You could still keep the cart lane south of San Marino on the west side of Morse, for those that need to access those other couple of roads/villages...but they at least wouldn't have to cross Morse.
Yes, this location could use a revamping. Just also consider that if and when that happens, traffic patterns will be interrupted while it is accomplished. Better get ready for the onslaught of complaints about THAT. In any case, there is absolutely no excuse for a driver in an SUV or any other vehicle to drive in a manner as to intimidate another regardless of what they are driving. Reckless, rude, and/or aggressive is not acceptable behavior.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
This assumes that speed is the cause of most accidents---I submit that lousy drivers, drunks, and those that should have given up their license years ago are the major cause. Again, I'd rather be sharing the road with a NASCAR champion exceeding the speed limit than most drivers in TV going well under it.
Lives are worth much more than the people here are willing to have to pay. Sad.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
Old 03-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

Just a thought, but WHY do people move to a golf cart community and then complain because people are operating them? Did they not KNOW that the golf carts would be sharing the roads in most instances? Or do they think it will change just because THEY come here? Is it the same reasoning they use when moving to what is supposed to be a retirement community and then complain that "old people" live here?
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
Old 03-02-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Lives are worth much more than the people here are willing to have to pay. Sad.
Just a question: What does your post have to do with what I posted?
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, suv, median, gray

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.