Aim Low!

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Default Aim Low!

A lot of people are starting to use the projectors that shine lights onto the front of their house for Christmas decorations. Nice, easy way to decorate, but there is an unexpected problem that has arisen.
I recently saw a local news story about the lights; when they are aimed to the tip of your roof, they also shine past it and up into the sky. Like laser pointers, these lights that "overshoot", are blinding pilots!
The police have requested that you lower your projector enough to keep the lights below the roof line. They know that it is not deliberate, and are not going after anybody about it. Please be considerate and help keep the skies safe!
Old 12-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
A lot of people are starting to use the projectors that shine lights onto the front of their house for Christmas decorations. Nice, easy way to decorate, but there is an unexpected problem that has arisen.
I recently saw a local news story about the lights; when they are aimed to the tip of your roof, they also shine past it and up into the sky. Like laser pointers, these lights that "overshoot", are blinding pilots!
The police have requested that you lower your projector enough to keep the lights below the roof line. They know that it is not deliberate, and are not going after anybody about it. Please be considerate and help keep the skies safe!
Ladies and gentleman please take heed of the OP in this thread. The one and only laser event I had was about a year ago going into San Jose, CA, without going into great detail I can tell you it’s not a good idea to have your Captain temporarily blinded. I want to make it home as much as the 200 people behind the flight deck door. So far the problem, for pilots, has been idiots intentionally shooting lasers at aircraft. I had not thought about the Christmas lasers but a very valid point made by the OP.
Closed Thread

Tags
lights, roof, shine, laser, pointers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.